GreyAtom School of Data Science
GreyAtom School of Data Science offers a part-time, 24-week and full-time, 14-week full stack data science engineering course in Mumbai, India. The course covers core and advanced data science concepts, teaching Python, Hadoop, Django, WebDriver, PostgreSQL, Mongodb, and more. Students will learn by doing, utilizing real-world industry data sets and completing four data science projects throughout the course with guidance from industry-experienced instructors.
GreyAtom looks for the following qualities in applicants – curiosity, intellectual agility, statistical fluency, research stamina, scientific rigor, and a skeptical nature. A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like math, physics, statistics, or economics is required. Applicants can apply online, and those chosen will be invited to a panel interview and receive an aptitude test.
The GreyAtom careers team offers valuable tools and coaching before, during, and after the course to help students achieve their individual goals. Students have access to a specific Career Advisor and a Speaker Series with workshops focused on resume writing, LinkedIn, salary negotiations, and mock technical interviews.
Recent GreyAtom School of Data Science Reviews: Rating 4.9
Recent GreyAtom School of Data Science News
The Data Science Masters Program - Remote is GreyAtom's online, mentor-led program that stretches over 6 months and gives the learner hands-on learning of of the domain. The program offers- - Industry-grade curriculum - 12-month access to GreyAtom Learning Platform resources - 26 mentor-led session - 8 learners per group - 6 solo and capstone projects - 2 hackathons Program Outcomes - Build production grade applications - Be fully industry-ready with projects built on REAL data - Solve assignments and quizzes for each module - Participate in Hackathons - Become employable, from startups to major tech giants Learning Benefits - Comprehensive tech support - Unlimited access to lecture videos - Help you build a strong portfolio (GitHub ) and a great social presence (LinkedIn)
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Up to 30%
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
- Data Science
In PersonPart Time12 Hours/week40 Weeks
GreyAtom’s 10 Month course covers core and advanced concepts, techniques, and tools that a data scientist will find handy in aiding business decision-making.
- Start Date
- None scheduled
- Class size
- Minimum Skill Level
- Placement Test
GreyAtom School of Data Science Reviews
207 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- GreyAtom has a series of guided & unguided projects which helps in gaining in-depth knowledge in DS- 4/14/2019yash • Applicant • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: Mumbai
Projects are an important source of implementing the knowledge that is learnt in classroom. These projects use real life data sets which gives us an opportunity to work with industry relevant data. The Project Feedback sessions have the mentors giving us feedback based on our project, they talk about our mistakes which help us to improve. Also there are mentored hackathons. I could personally learn a lot during these hackathons and projects. GreyAtom has always ensured that the students are on par with the industry requirements
- Nirali • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiThis enables appropriate amount of attention from the mentor. Also I can express my opinion comfortably. During group discussions and coding sessions we get a diversified view to our problem and hence it widens our vision. The curriculum is set by industry experts themselves which ensures that we get a detailed insight of the industry. Also as the data used in classroom is less complicated as compared to the industry our projects have real life data sets. The mentors also include industry relevant examples in the sessions and in this way GreyAtom ensures Industry relevant growth of every student
- The Data science Framework in the course provides recommendations and sets up milestones to achieve your program targets- 4/14/2019Neel • Applicant • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiThese keep us motivated throughout and enable us to study with the same enthusiasm till the end. It also has a skill competency matrix that analyses our strengths and weaknesses broken down by domains and processes. Such a quantified systems enables me always keep a track of my personal progress and helps me to cover up the ones I am weak at. It also has a weekly plan which has a record of the completed and pending chapters, assignments and revision. GreyAtom ensures flawless learning
- Asmita malve • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiAs an interdisciplinary field, data science is often confused with a lot other scientific advancements. Even a data practitioner needs fresh perspective at some point. A course like the one at GreyAtom’s is specifically designed to answer those queries with their content that is sourced from the industry.
- Ninad gurav • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiGreyAtom’s Online Data Science Masters Program enabled me to become a good programmer with Python. I had my basics clear, and I could work on various data sets and find solutions baed on the practical learning experience. I had that confidence in me . I participated in various hackathon challenges and code-along sessions with mentors.
- GreyAtom follows mentor-led approach. The mentors help you understand the concept with practical examples.- 4/13/2019Chirag rawat • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiI have had discipline issues that has often wavered my focus. So, when I had to excel at building projects that offered credible solutions using data sets, I needed mentors. I needed their feedback all the time in order to validate my performance. I got a good mentor at GreyAtom who could take me through that.
- Dipu • Applicant • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiEnsuring a fair allocation of mentors’ resources to every learner. To make learning even much easier, GreyAtom organises 'Ask Me Anything’ sessions to clear up the doubts of learners. Afterwards, mentors come up with their feedback on projects completed by learners and throw light upon mistakes made by them so that every learner gets a chance to improve their performance.
- The reason behind the success of GreyAtom is that they provide individual attention to every learner- 4/11/2019Devanshi • Applicant • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: Mumbai
- Simran • Student • Campus: MumbaiTo keep things in perspective when you apply for such a worthwhile program like Data Science Remote Program, the ideal way is to start with what you know and then build on—just like you do it with data sets. GreyAtom provides the space to start from what you know but they also let you unlearn so that you can learn more and better your performance. They give you the space and time within gruelling schedules to put your best foot forward to arrive at your targets. In fact, I began to unlearn my biases to be able to deal with data and create meanings out of it keeping the social and economic costs of it in mind.
- Madhukar Deshmane • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiMy learning during my Online Data Science Program at GreyAtom was practical. Not just in terms of content but in terms of the mentors who brought both academic knowledge and practical experience together. They made sure to tap the potential of each learner independently through solo sessions and even as a group through the group sessions. The 1:8 mentor:learner ratio was notably different as compared to other online courses that I have been part of till now. I think it is a good experience.
- Madhurani • Applicant • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiNow, I have acquired all the required knowledge that is necessary to get by in tough competition. One of the offerings from GreyAtom includes the ‘Code Along’ methodology whereby learners get a chance to learn coding on a live platform connecting all the users that include mentors and learners so that every learner gets a live demo of coding and easily learns from it. I learned a lot because of this methodology, and I'm sure anybody can learn from it either.
- Tanvir • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiYou must have heard about agile meetings, the term mostly used by developers and IT geeks. These are stand-up meetings intended to have done with them within minutes so that everyone can get to their work immediately and start delivering on their set target decided collectively during the meeting. One of the benefits of onboarding GreyAtom's courses is that you are prepared for such meetings so that you can mould yourself into a professional Data Scientist.
- Chandni parekh • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: Mumbai
GreyAtom’s Online Data Science Masters Program enabled me to become a good programmer with Python. I had my basics clear, and I could work on various data sets and find solutions based on the practical learning experience. I had that confidence in me . I participated in various hackathon challenges and code-along sessions with mentors.
- Career counsellors at greyatom guided me to right path by helping me choose data science- 4/11/2019Ronak gala • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiCareer consultants who are from the industry and have in-depth knowledge about the constant changes happening in the field can tremendously contribute to one’s career. I realised this fact when I joined GreyAtom’s online course. It was an eye-opener for me in terms of the impact it had on me and my career.
- aditi • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: Mumbai
That said, I take pride in acknowledging that I enrolled in the Master's programme of GreyAtom because it was one of my best decisions. Here, you get to know about your mentors well in advance. Knowing what their skills and teaching methodologies are, you can get along with your mentors when you are in class. This really helps every learner to absorb each content taught by mentors.
- Greyatom has parterned with Cutshort- 4/10/2019Pritesh Gada • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiA data science learner can have a better career scope when there are opportunities available with significant companies that have goodwill. That is where CutShort comes in which is a hiring partner with GreyAtom. They have a good reach within the well-networked community of data practitioners and that makes all the difference.
- Greyatom institute offers specialisation as well- 4/10/2019Aditya Verma • StudentWhat is the best way to learn data science? Though there are plenty but what works wonders is through disciplined learning that allows space and time for real life projects. This helps develop competency and skills in dealing with different kinds of scenarios. For a specialisation like Computer Vision, I had to be able to do real life projects based on real data sets. I dirtied my hands with real data and real issues which firms often face when dealing with large chunks of data. That was essential to grow as a data practitioner.
- I like the cool, tech culture at GreyAtom.- 4/9/2019Nirav • GraduateThe entire team is totally motivated and involved. From the academic counselor to mentors to career consultants, all are doing their job very well. Everything looks so much in control. I feel the whole environment is created to motivate students to do their best. GreyAtom holds your hand from beginning to end, polishing your data science skills at every step. Attractive portfolio, blog posts and your professional resume help you get hired by the best in the industry.
- Jay • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: Mumbai
I like all aspects of the school. It has a great curriculum, reputed mentors, real-data projects and the flexibility of time and space. I really like the assignments which are like solving a jigsaw puzzle. You solve a series of smaller problems and in the end you land up solving a bigger problem. KYM is another interesting concept where you get to know your mentor, his mentoring style and how he can help you. It humanizes the online experience!
- I hold GreyAtom in high esteem as it has taught me nuances of data science the correct way.- 4/9/2019Kunal • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiIt has taught me to think, question myself, analyze my strengths and weaknesses, and think deeper, till I get clarity. The program is mostly remote learning but I really like the partial intervention in the form of solo sessions with high caliber mentors. The student ratio of 1:8 is very beneficial as you can get individual attention. I personally liked “ask me anything” and “feedback sessions”.
- Anuja • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiIt was on “How to succeed in your job as a data scientist”. I Googled everything about the author. It turned out that he was a mentor at GreyAtom. I was convinced about the authenticity of GreyAtom. 4th month into its DSMP and I am very happy with the kind of exposure I am getting. I am coding along with other budding data scientists and my mentor. I love writing blogs which are a great hit with my mentors.
- Reena • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: Mumbai
I have covered 120 assignments, 5 guided projects and 1 hackathon. We are told that the assignments we solve are a series of small problems that would lead to something bigger. All the projects use live data and we solve real life problems. That’s the beauty of studying at GreyAtom. Hackathon was mentored by a professor from IIT, Madras, Mr. Balaram Ravindran. He would give us valuable tips from his vast experience in the field…too good!
- Greyatom has helped me upskill better- 4/8/2019Rahul Gupta • Student • Course: Data Science Masters Program with Deep Learning • Campus: MumbaiI have had a fairly good run in my data science career. Somehow, I still wanted to better my prospects and learn more. That prompted me to join an online course at GreyAtom and then there was no looking back. I was getting my hands dirty with big datasets across the length and breadth of data science which involved both academic knowledge and creativity. The experience was immensely valuable. It helped me go beyond my comfort zone and I ended up exploring a more advanced side of data.
- GreyAtom offers me a study plan consisting of the list of chapters for the week, revision, completed and pending chapters.- 4/6/2019Sapna • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiThis helps me streamline my time accordingly and complete my curriculum on time. This also helps the mentir to easily identify the weaker sections. The mentors ensure to include industry relevant data in the projects to always keep the students in par with the industry. The mentors motivate us to participate in various hackathons. These hackathons are wherein we apply the knowledge learnt to solve complex data sets within a given period of time. At times the mentors also code along with us.
- Yash • Graduate • Course: Data Science Masters Program - Remote • Campus: MumbaiDaily assignments, mentor-led projects, hackathons, career advice services has always motivated me to maintain industry standards. The hiring challenges and mock interviews train me based on the skills required in the data science industry. Our weekly sessions with mentors are in a group of 8. Working in groups enable the development of managerial skills. Mentors have always included industry examples to give us an idea of what happens in the industry. GreyAtom has always driven goal oriented performance.