By integrating education and industry, Galvanize puts learning and working side by side. Galvanize aims to teach students the skills and concepts they need to make an impact in a new career, or improve their skills at their current gig. As well as immersive bootcamps, Galvanize also offers short courses, workshops, and events.
Recent Galvanize Reviews: Rating 4.47
Recent Galvanize News
- October 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- September 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- From Academia to Data Science with Galvanize
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $17,980 Class size N/A Location Phoenix, Austin, San Francisco, Seattle, Boulder, New York City, DenverIn just 13 weeks, you'll learn the tools, techniques, and fundamental concepts you need to know to make an impact as a data scientist. During the course of the program, you'll work through messy, real-world data sets to gain experience across the data science stack: data munging, exploration, modeling, validation, visualization, and communication.
Deposit $1,500 Financing Tuition Plans Yes, we work with lending partners. Refund / Guarantee Yes, as per contract Scholarship We offer scholarships based on merit, demonstrated financial need, and increasing participation in technology among underrepresented groups such as women, veterans, minorities, and people who identify as LGBT.
Minimum Skill Level Prior experience in coding Python, math & stats is needed. Prep Work Take Home Technical on Python & Stats challenges Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $1,500 Class size N/A Location Denver, Phoenix, Austin, Seattle, BoulderPython Fundamentals covers the building blocks of Python, including the basic programming skills individuals within the tech field use every day. Python can be applied in a variety of fields including data science. With the number of job postings featuring Python steadily growing, there is no better time to learn this versatile language.
Deposit N/A Refund / Guarantee 100% of your tuition for this part-time course will be applied as a discount to our Data Science Immersive.
Minimum Skill Level Desire to learn. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $17,980 Class size N/A Location Phoenix, Austin, San Francisco, Seattle, Boulder, New York City, DenverOur Software Engineering Immersive bootcamp goes beyond teaching the most in-demand technologies. Teaching Hack Reactor’s rigorous industry-tested software engineering curriculum, our bootcamp emphasizes soft skills and brings together cutting-edge tech like React, ES6 and blockchain with computer science fundamentals. After completing this program, you’ll be prepared to understand new tech languages, libraries and frameworks.
Deposit $1,500 Financing Tuition Plans Yes, we work with lending partners. Scholarship We offer scholarships based on merit, demonstrated financial need, and increasing participation in technology among underrepresented groups such as women, veterans, minorities, and people who identify as LGBT.
Minimum Skill Level Advanced Beginner Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
177 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Would do it again in a heartbeat- 6/1/2016Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive • Campus: Boulder
Galvanize FSI was an incredible experience that not only am I so happy I chose to go through with, but that I actively miss for its unique immersive qualities and amazing fellow students and instructors. The curriculum we went through gave us a great base for being hired into the modern workforce, as well as many qualities of "real" software developers that I believe couldn't be learned in independent study because the instructors are all highly skilled developers themselves.
The Boulder campus itself is a wealth of fun people and opportunities, located in an amazing part of town with a beautiful view and facilities. If you put yourself out there to connect with those companies that work out of Galvanize and take advantage of luncheons and happy hours, it will only add an additional dimension to the coding course work you're assigned and I highly recommend it.
My cohort did experience some turn over in instructors which caused a loss of continuity in teaching style and rapport, but the management worked very hard to make sure we still had the experience we came for and I say ultimately succeeded. We simply met more individuals, but they were all qualified and effective in making us the best coders we could be.
Even as a "bootcamp," Galvanize made it clear to me and other students that they valued us as people who had sacrificed a lot to attend their program, much moreso than a typical higher ed institution. They worked hard to give us an incredible return on investment. The program isn't easy and you can't skate through it, but if you're committed at every step of the way you will never look back. Happy hunting!
- Fantastic program in a perfect location- 6/1/2016Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Web Development Immersive • Campus: Boulder
Galvanize (gSchool) was an incredible experience. I was thoroughly immersed in code with a group of great individuals in one of the best spots in boulder (don't get me started on the lunchtime options). The program was responsive to changes in the development community and instilled a fantastic base of knowledge that helped me be successful as a junior (now mid level) software developer.
As someone who is skeptical of learning institutions in general I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were invested in making sure that I was happy as a customer and as a learner. This course is not for those that are on the fence about learning to code though, it requires substantial (40 minimum, often upwards of 60 hours a week) commitment and willpower. The instructors are incredibly supportive and many of them went through the program themselves so they can relate well to what you're going through.