fullstack-academy-logo

Fullstack Academy

Chicago, New York City, Online

Fullstack Academy

Fullstack Academy offers full-time and part-time immersive software engineering bootcamps and cyber security bootcamps, with campuses in New York City, Chicago, and online. Fullstack's software engineering courses cover advanced JavaScript-oriented technologies and computer science topics including compiler theory, logic gates, and building an operating system. The cyber bootcamp covers encryption, networking, system architecture, cryptography, risk detection, and more. Fullstack Academy offers flexible options for college students and those who wish to continue working while learning modern tech skills. The Summer of Code program is an accelerated version of the immersive bootcamp for college students on summer break.

The full- and part-time immersives in NY and Chicago are for intermediate programmers who’ve learned the basics before applying, while the cyber and university bootcamps are specifically designed for beginners. Bootcamp Prep classes are available to help students prepare for admissions. To apply, candidates should submit an application via the website, take an online coding assessment (software engineering bootcamp) or a basic logical reasoning test (cyber bootcamp), then participate in a video interview.

Fullstack Academy programs aim to combine a cutting-edge technical curriculum with career counseling to make sure students can both do a technical job, and get a technical job. Fullstack hosts a Demo Day, which includes speed interviewing sessions, and the careers team helps students connect with the right people, interview successfully, and negotiate the best offer possible.

Recent Fullstack Academy Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (252) reviews for Fullstack Academy →

Recent Fullstack Academy News

Read all (79) articles about Fullstack Academy →
  • Bootcamp Prep in a Month

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, Node.js, Front End
    LocationOnline, New York City, Chicago
    **NOTE: Prep In a Month courses are best for folks who have some previous experience with programming.** Fullstack Academy's Bootcamp Prep courses are free with refund (which means you'll get back everything you've paid upon completion of the course) and will prepare you for the full-time software engineering programs at both Fullstack and Grace Hopper (our all-women's school), plus Fullstack's part-time Flex program. These courses teach the fundamentals of programming and show you how to use JavaScript to solve real-world coding problems. Best of all, they're taught by working developers who once graduated from one of Fullstack's programs, so you can really get a feel for the environment we foster and the kinds of smart, driven, generous people our community is made up of.
    Refund / GuaranteeFull refund upon course completion.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-Beginner
    Prep WorkIncludes a 10-hr prep workshop. Not required, but highly recommended to help students get the most out of class.
  • Bootcamp Prep in a Week

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Express.js, Node.js, Front End
    In PersonFull Time1 Week
    Start Date December 14, 2019
    LocationOnline, New York City
    **NOTE: Prep In a Week courses are best for folks who have some previous experience with programming.** Fullstack Academy's Bootcamp Prep courses are free with refund (which means you'll get back everything you've paid upon completion of the course) and will prepare you for the full-time software engineering programs at both Fullstack and Grace Hopper (our all-women's school), plus Fullstack's part-time Flex program. These courses teach the fundamentals of programming and show you how to use JavaScript to solve real-world coding problems, and best of all? They're taught by working developers who once graduated from one of Fullstack's programs, so you can really get a feel for the environment we foster and the kinds of smart, driven, generous people our community is made up of.
    Refund / GuaranteeFull refund upon course completion.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginners
    December 14, 2019 - Online Apply by December 9, 2019
    December 14, 2019 - New York City Apply by December 9, 2019
  • Flex (Part-Time) Immersive

Start Date January 14, 2020
    LocationNew York City, Chicago
    Flex offers an opportunity to complete the rigorous Fullstack immersive program, but over a six-month span, while keeping a full-time job. Students attend class in-person two nights per week, and remotely one night per week. Each month will have one immersive weekend, where Flex students come to campus both Saturday and Sunday. The other three weekends will consist of remote work -- not requiring live attendance. These remote weekends will utilize learning tools that work well in that format: video lectures and workshop reviews, solo coding workshops, and even pair-programming with classmates using virtual collaboration tools. This remote work will be self-paced -- completed by a deadline, but on the student’s schedule.
    Fullstack Academy partners with SkillsFund
    Scholarship$1,000 scholarship for women; $1,000 scholarship for veterans. $2,000 built-in scholarship for Chicago students.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginner/Intermediate programming skills
    Prep Work4-week Foundations Course
    January 14, 2020 - New York City Apply by November 17, 2019
  • Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp

LocationNew York City
    The Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp is a full-time, 17-week training program that prepares students to get cyber security jobs as pen testers and SOC analysts after graduation. Operated by Fullstack Academy, one of the longest-running coding bootcamps in the nation, the Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp is part of New York City’s $100-million-dollar Cyber NYC initiative, which aims to transform the City of New York into a global cyber hub. In keeping with this mission, the City is sponsoring 24 low-income New Yorkers to attend the first cohort of the Fullstack Cyber Bootcamp tuition-free. Head to the web page for eligibility information.
    Deposit2,000
    Fullstack Academy has a financing partnership with SkillsFund
    ScholarshipFull scholarships to our inaugural cohort (including deposit refund upon program completion) available for qualifying NYers. Made possible by the City of New York's CyberNYC initiative. See website for eligibility information & additional scholarships.
    Prep WorkTake our introduction to the industry, Hacking 101, before you interview: https://cyber.fullstackacademy.com/prepare/hacking-101
  • NYC Web Development Fellowship

Data Science, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationNew York City
    In partnership with the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline, the NYC Web Development Fellowship will award ~40 NYC residents tuition-free admission to Fullstack's award-winning Software Engineering program. This curriculum has been proven successful -- Fullstack graduates are now working at companies like Google, Venmo, Facebook, Amazon, and LinkedIn, as well as hundreds of innovative small- and mid-size tech companies. Learn more about the fellowship as well as eligibility restrictions on the Fullstack website: https://www.fullstackacademy.com/nyc-fellowship
    ScholarshipFree Tuition for Eligible NYC Residents
  • Software Engineering Immersive

Start Date January 13, 2020
    LocationNew York City, Chicago
    Fullstack Academy’s flagship course, the Full-Time Software Engineering Immersive is a 17-week career accelerator. Through an advanced curriculum and project-based structure, students learn today’s cutting edge development technologies. The Fullstack Immersive prepares graduates for software engineer roles at top-tier technology companies. Our JavaScript-driven curriculum immerses you in the latest web technologies such as Node.js, React.js, and postgreSQL. You bring the energy, curiosity, and dedication — we'll provide a world-class school for becoming an expert software developer.
    Fullstack Academy has a financing partnership with SkillsFund
    ScholarshipBuilt-in $2,000 student scholarship; $1,000 scholarship for women; $1,000 scholarship for veterans.
    Minimum Skill LevelAdvanced-beginner/Intermediate programming skills
    Prep Work4-week remote Foundations Course precedes the 13 weeks on-campus
    January 13, 2020 - Chicago Apply by November 24, 2019
    January 13, 2020 - New York City Apply by November 24, 2019
  • Summer of Code

LocationNew York City, Chicago
    Summer of Code is a coding education program uniquely designed for ambitious college students seeking to supplement their traditional education by learning real world skills and building a portfolio of impressive projects. You bring the energy, curiosity and fierce dedication — we'll provide a world-class school for becoming an expert level coder in one summer.
    Fullstack Academy has partnerships with Skills Fund and Upstart
    ScholarshipBuilt-in $2,000 student scholarship; $1,000 scholarship for women.
    Minimum Skill LevelCollege students only.
    Prep Work4-week Foundations course

• $500 Fullstack Academy Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Fullstack Academy scholarship for $500 off tuition!

Offer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship.

• Software Engineering Immersive (Chicago)

• Aryeh Harris  User Photo
    Aryeh Harris • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just graduated Fullstack Academy's immersive cohort in NYC. It was an amazing experience and I learned a ton. They have amazing instructors who really want to make sure you understand the material and the material they teach is what is currently hot in the tech industry. I learned React + Redux with them and only two cohorts before me they were teaching Angular. They did an amazing job with React, and in general all of their workshops are so much fun to do and they really get you to learn and absorb the material.

I don't have a job yet as I just graduated, but Fullstack is extremely legit about helping you get one. They have people working there who's sole purpose is to assist students with their job search.

I highly recommend Fullstack to anybody who is serious about coding and is ready to work really hard for about four months straight. Time willl fly and you will come out with your brain stuffed with coding knowledge and ready to apply it all to a real job.

• Well Worth It
    - 6/13/2018
    Mueed Chaudhry  User Photo
    Mueed Chaudhry • Associate Optimization Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics and knew that I needed another practical skill to make me more marketable.  I lacked any internship experience from college since I had switched majors. I had heard about software engineering bootcamps that would be beneficial for people who were interested in code and a career in technology.  I knew how to code through some of my coursework but I hadn't done any real development so I knew I needed to get ready for a coding exam (such as the Fullstack entrance exam).

I spent a month learning JS through free resources I found online including some free bootcamp prep sites. I applied to a few bootcamps and decided on Fullstack from the reviews I read and the experience I had during the coding interview. I can definitively say I made the right decision for me. I felt it would take my analytical thinking style and give me something tangible, and through studying for the entrance exam I found a real love for coding.

The program itself is intense and very fast paced. Theres a foundational period where you learn basics and more advanced topics, in general programming. It's a very valuable experience and something I go back to this day. The instructors are phenomenal.

The onsite immersive part of the bootcamp is another beast, but its easily the best part. For me pair programming and spending time with others is the best and learning from such skilled instructors only made the experience better. Imposter syndrome can set in because you are surrounded by such talented and smart people, but theres a real sense of community and feeling that everyone wants you to succeed. Its very hands on and gives you real practical knowledge and experience to take forward into your career.

The career services and post Fullstack experience were equally amazing. They care and prepare you well for what lies ahead.  They know what goes into interviewing and landing jobs at top tech firms and prepare you very well. They set in stone habits that make you not only a good programmer, but a good engineer.

I cannot say enough good things about Fullstack. The friends I've made, the skills I've learned, and the vast network of skilled engineers who are always available to help is well worth the time and money spent.

• Patrick Gund  User Photo
    Patrick Gund • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from college with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and then spent the next 5 years as an officer in the Navy running nuclear reactors. I decided that I did not want to spend the rest of my life deploying for 9 months at a time so I was going to leave the military once my commitment was complete. I started playing around with coding a bit and I fell in love with it. I would think I was working on a problem for 30 minutes and actually, several hours had gone by.

I started to research the logistics of acquiring a masters degree in CS, but I quickly learned that it was going to take me around 2 years to complete the necessary coursework. So, I decided on attending a coding bootcamp. After looking through all of the available options, I decided on Fullstack.

The reason that I chose Fullstack is simply that they teach you how to learn to be a programmer. Many of the boot camps that exist today are teaching some boilerplate code template, and as soon as you deviate from that one bit, you are lost. Fullstack does not do this, they truly teach you the fundamentals of coding and you learn how to build full web applications. After attending Fullstack, I had no issues picking up and using other technologies or languages because the foundations were put in place.

The program itself is a fast-paced fully immersive program where you will spend your days learning at a rate that you likely have not experienced before. At first, it is very tough, but your mind just needs a bit of time to adjust to the pace. After about a week, the speed at which the information is coming at you is no longer an issue.

The approach that Fullstack takes of learning by doing was by far my favorite part of the program. I personally despise being PowerPoint-ed to death, and the program tries very hard to minimize the amount of time you are in a lecture compared to the amount of time you are actively building a project.

I also can't say enough about the staff and students at Fullstack. Some of my best friends in the Chicago area are from the people that I attended the program with. It was awesome getting to spend 3 months working with like-minded individuals who actually were interested in learning the material, not people who were in class because they were expected to be there.

Fullstack also does a very good job of preparing you for the job search. During the senior phase of the program you spend time each morning doing technical interview type questions on a whiteboard. These problems really set me up for success during my job hunt, and I was able to do very well in my technical interviews. Because of what I learned at Fullstack I ended up getting and accepting an offer at very good company 2 weeks after I graduated.

I can't recommend Fullstack enough and if you do decide to attend, Ben N. Ben W., Collin, Finn, Brett, Priti, and Holley will make sure it is an absolutely amazing experience.

• Kevin Lobo  User Photo
    Kevin Lobo • Engineering @ Honey • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Summer of Code (SOC) program was an excellent option for a (then) soon-to-be graduating student like me. I've done my best to briefly describe the reasons why -

0. 'How' to learn Comp. Sci. concepts -

One of the skills which I use every day as a software engineer is the ability to learn new computer science concepts/material/technologies quickly, and then implement them. Full stack's immersive is designed to teach you 'how to learn' along with 'what to learn'.

1. Curriculum & staff -

One of the things which struck me about the curriculum was that how well detailed and thorough it was. The instructors have perfected the curriculum over time. Additionally, the 'career success' team are very helpful in getting you ready for interviews.

2. Practical coding skills -

Most computer science students will relate to this: you know what a database, server & web page is on paper, but how do you implement them together, seamlessly? Building 2 live websites/apps in teams, using Git, was when I realized - now, I'm a software engineer who can make things.

3. Strong network & colleagues -

My colleagues were highly determined and bright students. It was great to work & get to know them - and then go on to be part of the Full stack alumni network.

The Summer of Code program is perfectly scheduled during the summer break between semesters and I highly recommend it to any soon-to-be graduating student!

• Ellen Ormerod  User Photo
    Ellen Ormerod • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from college with a degree in theoretical math and I had no idea what to do next. Luckily I had a friend who was a year above me with the same major who went on to attend a bootcamp and land a great job quickly. So I began to teach myself to code during the summer while looking into bootcamps.

Fullstack Academy was at the top of every list for bootcamps and it has a Chicago location, which was important to me. I decided to attend Fullstack's bootcamp prep in order to progress my JavaScript skills, to make sure coding was right for me and also to experience Fullstack’s culture. I highly recommend bootcamp prep because it reassured me that this huge commitment I was about to make was right for me, I got a lot of questions answered and felt very prepared to take the assessment and interview for Fullstack which has a rigorous admission process.

I personally believe the immersive portion of Fullstack is so great because:

1. They teach you more in six weeks than you can probably teach yourself and having great instructors, fellows and classmates makes this easier because there are people who can answer questions, remind you to stay motivated and push you even further. I believe great people come through the program and make it even more exceptional than it already is. This is portion of the program though was the hardest for me, I felt overwhelmed a lot of days and wasn't sure I was picking up the material fast enough because the pace of the program is quick, but I just kept moving forward and it all came together.

2. The second part of the bootcamp is all project based which leads to having things to put on your resume. I really solidified my knowledge during this part of the program and gained confidence that I could work a job in this field. I also loved that Fullstack emphasizes a git workflow and agile methodology for teams since this is often found in the real world. My advice for this portion of the program is to figure out what you love and how to incorporate your background somehow with coding. It will make for a seamless transition to finding a job if you work on projects that you truly care about and are in areas you want to get a job in.

3. Fullstack also has a great career success team. To be honest I was pretty skeptical about this since I think getting a job is hard and I didn’t believe there was honestly that much they can do. But I was wrong because by doing whiteboard problems every morning in the second half, I was prepared for those during interviews. There are also practice technical and behavioral interviews which truly helped me prepare for those questions since I was given great feedback. I also got a lot of resume feedback and honesty it is just a great place to make connections. Go to meetups, reach out to other Fullstack grads and use your own connections and I believe you will be successful because Fullstack prepares you to be. I received 3 offers 3 weeks after finishing and I felt that Fullstack prepared me for the interview process.

Just remember the point isn’t to finish the bootcamp but to become an excellent coder. Fullstack is an absolutely wonderful resource to achieve this but it requires a lot of commitment from the student to push themselves and ask questions when necessary. You might remember being told to go to office hours all the time in college and similarly go to office hours with instructors and fellows during the program because they are there to help you and can only do that if you make it clear to them that you want and need help.

And finally just remember to always question why you are using a technology/library/framework, what are the benefits, the downsides and what would you do if you didn't use that specific one. I think it's easy to just be told we are using React and not think about why and other considerations. This truly was my experience at Fullstack and I hope this helped. Good luck if you are applying!

• Leigh Steiner  User Photo
    Leigh Steiner • Front End Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I applied to the Grace Hopper Program after taking their Bootcamp Prep class, and was accepted on the first application, and began the immersive in June of 2017.  I stayed on as a teaching fellow for two terms, and finished my time there having received a total of five job offers, any of which I would have been happy to take, and which included my absolute dream job.

The curriculum prepared me both for the technical demands of a dev job, and for the soft-skills needed to actually land one.

In many ways, Foundations (the remote, introductory part of the course) was the most challenging, in that the jump from what was tested in admissions to what was tested in Foundations, felt the largest (for other folks considering this course who don't come from a technical background -- when you are getting ready to apply/after you get in, take a minute and get comfy with the CLI if you've never used it before.  It just means one less thing to learn at the same time.) -- a bit like being pushed in the deep end. After that, it was much less stressful.

I had a lot of support at Grace Hopper, and it felt great to be in a diverse, LGBTQ-friendly environment.  Both the students and the staff were friendly and helpful.  The atmosphere is demanding, but not competitive -- everyone shares the view that 'a rising tide lifts all boats' and wants to help everyone do as well as they can.

Cons: it's a program where you definitely get out of it what you put into it, and it absolutely favors people who are solid self-starters and already good at time management (there's so much to do and learn, you absolutely *must* make choices about what does and doesn't get done).  There is more support available than sometimes is obviously apparent, and so if you're having trouble with something, personally or technically, it behooves you to reach out and ask.  While the staff and management are fierce advocates for their students, communication across the staff isn't always perfect and there were several occasions where it became clear that the left hand didn't know what the right was doing.

• A great experience
    - 4/11/2018
    Shayan Sheikh  User Photo
    Shayan Sheikh • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

A short disclaimer: I did have some previous coding experience before I joined Fullstack, so I had a comparatively easier time with the curriculum.

But don't let that scare you. It's a great experience. The curriculum is amazing, the instructors are concise, easy to understand, and make learning an enjoyable experience. I became a much better coder during my time at Fullstack. Not just through the frameworks I learned, but the little stuff. I'm so much better at tracking down bugs now.

Many people with no previous coding experience went in and came out polished software engineers. More importantly, they learned to be fast learners and break down problems. I highly recommend it to everybody.

• Dan H   User Photo
    Dan H • Student Verified via GitHub

I was very interested in Fullstack because of their excellent reviews online and decided to look into what the have available to prospective students. I was impressed. I took a one day JavaScript class and an online JS fundamentals course. While I felt like I had a good grasp of fundamentals, there was definitely more to learn. I attended both the online and in person information seminars and after looking around at other bootcamps, I decided on Fullstack. After applying, taking the admissions test, and doing the coding interview, I was very happy with my choice. I was accepted and began the pre-bootcamp online course, and would have continued, except I was offered an internship at a tech company. Though I’m employed right now, I do feel like I missed out on a great experience! Everyone I spoke with at Fullstack was professional and I felt like they had my best interests in mind. If you are interested in a bootcamp, I would highly recommend that you take a good look at this one.

• Ben Friedman  User Photo
    Ben Friedman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

To start things off: I graduated one month ago, and have not yet found a job. In fact, I have not even had as much as a phone screen after sending 50+ applications. If I do end up getting a job in a timely fashion, I'll update this review.

The course is alright, but I have some hesitation about the curriculum and teaching style. They throw numerous frameworks at you in a very short period of time. This is intentional - one way I heard it described is that it's like trying to catch up to a speeding truck, except that once you get close, it goes faster. Some of the technologies we learned such as React and Redux are in fact very in demand in the work force right now - I see them mentioned on almost every Front End or Full Stack job posting, so that's a plus. However, we also spend a lot of time learning Sequelize to manage back end. I haven't seen this on a single job posting, but most Full Stack roles DO want an object oriented language like Java or Python. The curriculum would have been more well rounded if something like Python was included.

We also spent almost no time on the most basic of web technologies such as HTML and CSS - you are essentially expected to figure it out yourself. However, I heard it expressed by multiple students (and myself) that this left a huge skill gap. The lack of time spent on standard web design means that students are not in the best position to succeed at Front End roles.

The portfolio we graduated with is also pretty slim. There are only two projects that we can really call our own: a four day hackathon and a group project. So all you have to show is a hastily created app and another that may or may not be great, depending on the strength of the group.

Bootcamps like Fullstack sell students on the idea that they can fully prepare you for employment in three months. This doesn't seem to be the case. I do see that students who go on to do the Fellowship (which gives them an additional three months to learn, build a portfolio, and be able to put "mentorship experience" on their resumes) seem to get jobs faster/at a higher rate. So it should be noted that that option is there, but maybe bootcamps should consider that students may need more time, and that these programs should be longer (which would allow more time to fill all the gaps listed above).

• Trevor Storey  User Photo
    Trevor Storey • Lead Mobile Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

A note about me. I do not hold any type of college degree. I went to college for music, but started working professionally in that industry before I finished. I was successful, but I've always had an interest in the CS field and wanted to work and live in one place, rather than being gone on tour all the time. I'm glad I made the decision to switch. 3 months after graduating Fullstack Academy I got a job as the Lead Mobile Developer at a startup. I graduated mid-December 2017 and started working at my current company mid-March 2018. I think I sent out 5 applications altogether.

This review is about Fullstack Academy, however, a lot of people are trying to choose between App Academy/Fullstack Academy/Hack Reactor etc. So a note about App Academy -

I went to App Academy for 5 weeks of their immersive program and failed out. It was not because of the difficulty of the material, nor that they push you harder as a coder. It had more to do with the method of their instruction. That could be my fault. I would say more, however, they gave me back my $5k deposit in exchange for signing a document that said, essentially, that I could not communicate anything negative about App Academy to anyone ever. I don't think this violates that agreement.

That being said, if you want to learn the most and best you can at the bootcamp that you choose, I recommend Fullstack Academy.

Fullstack Academy's instructors and curriculum are far and above any other bootcamp that I have had experience with. The instructors are not chosen based on being graduates of the program and thereby being cheap labor.

The instructors are great programmers, but they are also incredible communicators. They are great instructors who happen to teach software engineering, something they are really great at too. It is abundantly clear that they want you to do well and that includes caring about things outside of simply software engineering.

I've never had better teaching on any subject than what I received at Fullstack Academy.

Another thing, I visited the facilities of FSA, App Academy, Hack Reactor and Flatiron School, all in NYC. FSA has the most professional environment of all of them, hands down. Flatiron feels like college, Hack Reactor and App Academy feel hack-y, FSA feels professional. I was a professional before this. I was switching professions, going into professional training to be prepared for a professional job afterwards. I wanted a professional environment so I really appreciated that about FSA.

In regards to Job Assistance, personally I think FSA's strategy and implementation could use some work.

My experience was that their strategy is impossible. They encourage a "spray and pray" approach, but also encourage a personal (continuing the analogy) "sniper precision" approach. For me, that's impossible. I can't send out 20 applications a week and spend the necessary time to make each application convey that I am excited about the specific opportunity without coming off as rote. I think those are two different approaches that don't coincide.

They encouraged us to have a profile on every coding website under the sun that had a 'jobs profile' option. For me it felt like being told to do 10,000 things, each of which would take 2-3 days to do well, in an hour. It seemed like they didn't know what they were asking us to do, because what they were asking us to do was impossible. For me anyway.

I believe that the "spray and pray" approach is statistically more successful for finding a job post-bootcamp. I also believe that my personality and the "spray and pray" approach don't work together.

I'm a very hard working, secure, introvert. I value few deep connections over many shallow connections. I get along with people just fine, I'm not shy. I am overly serious and overly critical of myself and others at times.

I tried their approach, I chose to trust the process because that's what I did for the code instruction portion of the program. I tried to do everything the career success team told us to do while still in the immersive and it just seemed like no matter what I did or how perfect I tried to do it, it didn't have the results it was supposed to.

It was the equivalent of being told that once I pushed this boulder up the mountain it would stay there and I would be rewarded. Only, after pushing it all the way up this mountain, it turns out the only thing at the top is a cliff...and I just pushed it off that cliff...No reward. I was pushing it up the wrong mountain.

Disclaimer: I do think I am an outlier with the way I chose to job search. I think my experience is more likely the exception, not the rule.

So, after graduating from FSA, I avoided the career success team. I know that others in my cohort had good experiences with them, but this review is about my experience. Maybe things would have got better had I kept trying their way, but I doubt it.

My approach was to spend most of my time learning and blogging about it. For professional profiles I focused on linkedin, github and twitter. I would go to 1-2 meetups a week(usually 1). I would only send an application somewhere if I knew that someone was going to look at it. (That’s a no-no, but that’s what I chose to do.)

When I went to meetups, I would hang out with one or two people and get to know them. Regardless of whether their companies were hiring or not. I would just try to make a connection with one or two professional developers. If I did encounter someone that was hiring, I'd ask them what their stack was and then I would spend time learning that stack. Even if they said they weren't ready to hire me.

I also spent a lot of time going deeper on the technologies that we had learned at Fullstack.

In the end, I was contacted by the CEO of my current company on linkedin, I did a coding challenge for him in React Native, which I spent 3 full days on, then I met with him and 20 minutes into that lunch/interview he said he wanted to hire me for a very good salary including a little equity. Not to be too specific, but I think the average salary for a just-graduated FSA grad in September 2017 was around 80k and I was offered more than that.

In conclusion, You will NOT regret choosing FSA. I'm certain their career success team will get better with time. But even without using them, in fact outright avoiding them, I got a really great job 3 months after graduating. (And keep in mind that one of those months went right through christmas and new years when there really isn't a lot of action going on with hiring).

• Life Changing
    - 3/24/2018
    Pat Petillo  User Photo
    Pat Petillo • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

There is absolutely no way I would have became a professional Software Engineer without Fullstack Academy. After spending more than a year trying to teach myself Javascript and Web Development, and making very little progress, I was very fortunate to be able to attend Fullstack Academy. FSA gave me the skills and confidence to pursue my dream career and within a month of graduating I was able to land a full time position as a Software Engineer.

I was part of the WDF program at FSA sponsored by the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline so I was in a bit of a unique situation but the curriculum was exactly the same with the exception of having to attend the Foundations portion of the curriculum on campus.

The instructors at Fullstack Academy are nothing short of amazing. They all have a great wealth of Software Engineering knowledge and years of professional experience which they will anecdotally share with you throughout your experience at FSA. It is obvious that the instructors care for each and every student, and hold us all to the highest standards in order for us to be successful in our future careers.

Fullstack Academy puts a tremendous amount of effort into creating a curriculum that will ensure the success of its students. The curriculum includes cutting edge Web technologies as well as solid fundamental programming knowledge and skills. I left Fullstack Academy with a deep understanding of JavaScript and a wide breadth of full stack development knowledge that I use on a daily basis as a Software Engineer. Not only does the curriculum include programming fundamentals and modern Web technologies, it includes whiteboarding and technical interview prep that is invaluable when it comes time to search for a position as an Engineer.

The curriculum is project based and you will leave FSA with full scale applications under your belt that you can display while applying or interviewing for positions. It is extremely challenging and you will be putting in long hours to complete workshops and projects but it is incredibly gratifying. I am still proud of the Senior Capstone project my team and I created at FSA

Fullstack Academy has an incredibly dedicated career success team that will assist you in creating a tech resume as well as increasing your online presence and assist you in growing a network that will greatly help you in your job search. FSA also hosts a hiring day where you will have ten minute sit down interviews with multiple companies, following your one on one interviews there is a networking time where you will be able to speak to all of the companies that attend hiring day. I was hired by a company that I met during the networking hours of hiring day. It is a great opportunity to establish a relationship with companies actively looking to hire developers. The career success team is not only there for you through your time at FSA but will continue to assist you in your job search after you leave FSA and are available even after you are hired.

Please be aware that it can take 3-6 months to find a full time position, and that is in part due to the nature of tech companies where the hiring process can be quite long. Fortunately the career success team and FSA in general will be there for you through each and every step of the process.

Overall my experience at Fullstack Academy was amazing. I was in a unique group of amazing people being part of the WDF program but I am confident that FSA could help any hardworking and motivated individual become a professional Software Engineer. If you are truly considering attending a coding bootcamp I could not recommend FSA more highly.

• Andrew Niekamp  User Photo
    Andrew Niekamp • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Fullstack immersive (through the NYC Web Development Fellowship). The instructors were fantastic, and my fellow classmates were a constant inspiration. It's a great experience not just because of what you learn (which is obviously a lot), but because you have an opportunity to be around so many smart and driven people at various life stages that decided to pursue programming. As such, Fullstack is very challenging!

I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I ended up receiving an offer from a company that I interviewed with during the career day organized by the school after graduation. I've been working now for almost 3 months as a software developer. My current job is not easy, and I feel Fullstack helped me develop a strong technical foundation and the mindset to be able to build on my knowledge and improve each day.

• Alyssa Venere Braun  User Photo
    Alyssa Venere Braun • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My background was as a fundraiser in arts and culture nonprofits. Very non-technical. After hitting a bit of a wall in my career, I was tipped off my husband and some friends about careers in tech. Curious, I started playing around with coding a bit on my own. I visited info sessions for a couple of other Chicago bootcamps (Coding Dojo, and now-closed DevBootcamp). Fullstack grabbed me for a few reasons -- the admissions were competitive, you needed to know some JavaScript basics to be accepted, and it was going to dig hard into one very in-demand stack. Coding Dojo boasts learning 3 full stacks in 3 months, but I wanted depth over breadth. (A friend of mine attended Coding Dojo -- I had surpassed him in JavaScript knowledge by the third week at Fullstack.)

So, I enrolled in Fullstack's Bootcamp Prep course, which was a bit exhausting when paired with a full-time job, but was a great opportunity to dip my toe into what Fullstack would really be like, as well as see if this was really something that I wanted to do. I was hooked, and applied.

Now, for the first half of the program, it's all about learning the full stack (JavaScript, Node, Express, Postgres, React, Redux). I felt off-kilter every day, but the key is that they're going to throw a LOT at you. Absorb what you can. Take the time in the evenings and on weekends to practice. You won't retain everything, and that's OK. Just keep going. For the second half, you just build build build, both alone and in a group. This not only gives you 3 great pieces for your portfolio, but also hefty relevant experience beyond the theoretical.

Career prep is pretty good, including "Launch Day," where you can meet potential employers through speed-dating-like interviews. I didn't get a job through it, but it did connect me to a few great people that I ended up getting lunch with later on -- and it was a great way to rip off the interviewing band-aid, so to speak.

In the end, I was interviewing with 3 companies, and accepted a job offer from 1 just 4 weeks after graduating.

Great things:

• You learn a very in-demand stack, and are well-prepared going into the job hunt.
    • Knowledgeable, warm, funny instructors.
    • The rest of my cohort. An incredibly fun, supportive, and smart group, almost 50/50 split of men and women, all different ages/backgrounds/hometowns/former professions/levels of expertise. (Disclaimer, this degree of diversity may be fairly unique.)

Not-as-great things:

• One of my biggest weaknesses coming out of this program was my ability to speak technically. At the end of the program, we had mock technical interviews which revealed this to me. Personally, would have appreciated the opportunity to practice technical interviews more throughout the program.

Advice (if you decide to go with Fullstack):

• It's hard to be an adult who has several working years under her belt, who knows her stuff, and suddenly be in a position where clicking a button doesn't do what you want it to do. It's humbling and uncomfortable. Be kind to yourself! And don't compare your progress to those around you. Focus on you and your learning, or you'll go crazy.
    • You will get out of this program what you put in! Take ownership of your own education. Fullstack will give you the tools, but you won't magically emerge a software engineer just from showing up.
    • Know yourself, and know how you work best. I preferred to get in very early (morning person) than work late. Use that knowledge to your advantage.
    • Trust Fullstack's process. It all comes together. Just keep working and moving forward.

Highly, highly, highly recommend!

• Patrick Noonan  User Photo
    Patrick Noonan • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Last summer (2017) I decided it was time for a full-fledged career change. I had a few ideas of what I might want to get into, but kept coming back to the idea of programming. I took a C++ class in high school and really loved it - but never did anything with it. I enrolled in Fullstack's Bootcamp Prep course and was instantly hooked. My journey from CPA to Software Engineer had begun.

I entered Fullstack's Immersive Software Engineering program in October of 2017. It was one of the best experiences of my life. The curriculum is very well thought out and presented in an order that builds upon the foundations and helps you to truly grasp and use the large amount of materials that you get through in 16 weeks.

One thing that I loved about Fullstack is that they have a competitive admissions process. In my experience, this resulted in a cohort full of brilliant people who were extremely driven. This provided me with an environment where I was motivated to stay on top of the material but also had a room full of rock stars to work through problems with. I think Fullstack does a great job of finding a personality fit for their program as well which led us to work great together and have some fun outside of the classroom as well.

The program is tough. There is a ton to get through in a short amount of time. But I believe that the learning model they have in place is revolutionary and is the main reason I can now develop fullstack web applications. While it can be difficult at times, the support system is great - your peers, your TAs and your instructors all want you to succeed and can help you with anything from technical questions to interview prep and everything in between.

The program is also very adaptive to the real world and you can be sure that you're learning the most valuable and in-demand skills. This makes you a competitive candidate in the job market once you graduate. In my experience, I ended up receiving 2 job offers, both of which I was very excited about, within 3 weeks of finishing the program!

My biggest piece of advice is to trust their system. They're great at what they do and truly want you to succeed. I did my research and due dilligence and selected Fullstack because it seemed like it was the best coding bootcamp out there. After going through the program I can say that it truly is an amazing place filled with smart people and if you too choose to go through Fullstacks' software engineering immersive program you will learn more than you ever thought possible.

• Christian Sadi  User Photo
    Christian Sadi • Software Implementation Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Fullstack is the single best coding bootcamp in Chicago. They have their sh*t together. They constantly work on updating and refining their curriculum. The skills you learn are highly relevant to actual jobs in the industry. The instructors are knowledgeable.

After graduating in December, I didn't start job searching until the first week of January. By February 15, I had my first offer at a company that hit all my requirements, paid a solid salary, and was still interviewing with 5 other companies. Keep in mind, I'm more socially-skilled than most as I used to work in marketing consulting for 4 years, so your results may vary based on your temperament and skillset.

On attending the academy:
    1) It's very liberal. As a conservative/libertarian, it was painful sitting through all the 'everyone matters, women empowerment, be careful with your language,' talk. Look, I'm here to learn relevant skills so I can get a job in software engineering. I didn't come here to learn your ideology or engage in thought policing. Depending on who you are, this can be a drawback or a bonus. Knowing what I know now, I still would have attended Fullstack Academy because it is the best option in the city.
    2) If you don't live in the city, get a place within 15 minutes commute of the academy. At most, 30 minutes. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT try and commute from the suburbs. I lived in Gurnee, IL and took the train to the city everyday. It was about 3.5-4 hours of total commuting time each day. You need all the time you can to work on the coursework and relax. It will be stressful. You need your sleep. And everything will be worth all the pain and effort.
    3) Invest time in the relationships you'll build with people there. Everyone is pretty high quality, generally has their life together, and will be beneficial to keep in your life. I'm working on a side project with a classmate and regularly talk to a few classmates I've had. Adding more smart, motivated, and hard working people to your life is never a bad idea.
    4) Plan for 3-6 months of expenses after Fullstack for finding a job. Fullstack won't give you a job on a silver platter - you'll still have to work for it. Talk  to the career counselor at the Chicago campus. Most college career counselors are utterly useless. Thankfully, this is nothing like college. The Chicago counselor linked me to a number of opportunities within the first 2 months post-graduation. Listen to them.

• Derek Ashton  User Photo
    Derek Ashton • Product Support Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had no computer science or technical professional experience prior to doing Fullstack Academy (FSA). I did the online/remote immersive program from my home. I graduated at the end of October, grinded hard in the job search for about three months with little traction (Nov/Dec is not a good time to look for a job), and then finally at the end of January, I got slammed with interviews and managed to land four (four!) job offers in two weeks for software engineering roles, including at two major corporations with huge software departments, both of which started at $70k with excellent benefits (adjusted for cost of living, that's equivalent to about 140-160K in Manhattan or 125-145K in San Francisco). But I ended up taking a full-stack support dev role for $65k at a small-ish custom software company because their work and tech stack more so aligned with my professional interests and goals. I've been on the job for almost a month now and I gotta say, I feel like I have been well prepared. I've been able to begin contributing and pushing code to production relatively quickly. And the company has only recently switched to using React, Redux, Webpack, and some other tools I learned at FSA, so I am actually more knowledgeable than some of the more senior devs about how to use them.

It's hard to know if FSA was the best possible choice. If I were to choose again, there are some new schools now that I'd strongly consider.  But FSA has certainly worked out for me. I enjoyed my experience and think that their curriculum and instructors are top-notch. They go in depth in all the right areas, and yet they also expose you to the broad landscape that is the software engineering profession. That broad base of knowldege is just as important as the in-depth stuff they teach. And I love that I was able to do the whole thing remotely. If you're skeptical that a remote program could possibly be as good as the on-site program, please trust me: It is just as good if not better. There's less distraction, it's cheaper, more comfortable, and it forces you to really get your Git workflow down.

They do provide career support to prepare you for the job hunt / interviews and advise you along the way, and I think they do a pretty good job of it. But there's nothing they can really do to help you get a job. That's on you. And finding a job sucks, so be prepared. The average seems to be about 3 months, but some people land one immediately, and some take 6+ months. There's too many factors to know how long it'll take. Just do what is within your control, be patient, and put on your optimism hat, because you're going to get rejected or ignored for all kinds of stupid reasons before you hear from a sensible human being who is actually qualified to assess your capabilities.

The only changes I'd like to see at FSA are for the program to be a bit longer to re-enforce things through repetition, get into more advance concepts and disciplines, and provide more opportunities for students to build out their portfolio. But that would of course drive costs up, which touches on my only other gripe: I wish they would switch to a deferred tuition model like App Academy, Thinkful, Lambda School, and many others. It's an obviously more beneficial model for business and students. Also, I was actually pretty disappointed with the state of my portfolio by the time I graduated. I didn't have anything that really looked show-worthy, not even my cap-stone. Your projects are mostly done in teams, so you're at the mercy of your teammates' skills and work ethic. Lucky for me, a lot of employers didn't even take the time to look at what I made and relied more heaviliy on technical interviews. (On that point, don't waste time fixing up your projects after graduation. Perfect your resume/LinkedIn. Write to-the-point cover letters for every application. Get a hold of an actual person however/whenever possible. Keep studying/practicing/commiting code.)

Now, as great as FSA is, you need to understand that your growth and ultimate success or failure depends primarily on your ability and/or willingness to prioritize your training and sacrifice your hobbies, relationships, and relaxation. The hard proof of that could be seen in the fact that about 25% of my cohort was held back because they did not pass the junior exam to graduate to senior phase. The problem was not that they weren't smart enough, they just had too much else going on and weren't focused. But even if you pass the exams, that only means you've got the minimum pre-requisites down. I appreciate that they at least set a reasonably high bar to get through the program, so you can feel confident that you know what you're doing when you graduate. Other schools that don't set high graduation standards (or any at all!) are doing their students a great disservice. But don't rest on your laurels just because you pass some test. If you go through FSA (or any school) with an attitude where you're content just scraping by, you're robbing yourself of a great deal of knowledge and expertise you could have gained by reading more, asking more questions, putting more hours into your project. It's three months. You'll be alright without Netflix, video games, outtings with friends, etc for three months.

With all that said, I think FSA is worth the price. Six months and $18,000 later, and I'm making $25,000 more per year and doing something I atually enjoy for a living at a cool company. I'd say that was a smart investment.

• Eva Lina Morales  User Photo
    Eva Lina Morales • DevOps Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I deeply enjoyed my bootcamp experience at Fullstack. The Grace Hopper program in particular had a friendly, collegial atomsphere and a lack of intellectual arrogance and competitiveness that helped it go down. If you have any thoughts about taking the full time program and having time for other things in your life, put those aside, it was VERY full-on. I learned more than I could believe at the end, and I did some cool projects that I'm still proud of. And more than anything, I now have a six figure job in tech and a bright career ahead of me.

All that being said I do have some criticisms:

- Some of the teachers don't have any teaching training or experience and are honestly people from the industry who are slumming. Those people should be shown the door.

- The administration/teachers tend to soft pedal things which I found very annoying. Just be real! The more information students have the better decisions we can make for ourselves. Don't be vague about things, students' futures depend on it.

Besides that, it was a great experience!

• Jonathan Ahn  User Photo
    Jonathan Ahn • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from Fullstack Academy in December of 2017 from 1709-WDF. WDF stands for the Web Development Fellowship. I was part of a full-scholarship program, sponsored by the NYC Tech Talent Pipeline where I had to compete against all of NYC for a spot to get into the program. It was extremeley competitive and one of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life.

Fullstack was my dream coding school and you get what you put into it. I studied every single day since Day 1 in bootcamp-prep and never stopped until I landed my job as a Software Engineer at Unified. Fullstack teaches you EVERYTHING you need to know about software engineering and they prep you EXTREMELY WELL! All you need to do is put in the work and 'trust the process'.

It's going to be intense but it's intense for a reason. Besides teaching you all the latest frameworks, technologies and the most updated JavaScript, Fullstack is the best at teaching you how to learn. And forces you to become comfortable with being uncomfortable, just like real life and just like being a real Software Engineer. If you don't know something, don't panic, just look it up. Google it. Read articles on how other people have done it. Go to Stack Overflow and interact with the community. Be self-sufficient.

Fullstack is the best thing I have ever done. It was much more fulfilling and I felt more accomplished than earning my 4-year degree.

• Joon Kim  User Photo
    Joon Kim • Fullstack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from Fullstack Academy in Chicago. After graduating from college with a degree in Economics, I decided to attend a coding bootcamp. After doing some research for a full week, I came across three great programs: Fullstack Academy, App Academy, and Hack Reactor. I found both three bootcamps to have similar challenging and immersive learning experience to their students. Why I decided to attend Fullstack in the end is that the Chicago office had a group of 20 students while the other two bootcamps had 40+ students. It was a major deal-breaker, given high-quality instructors and motivated students in all three academies. Having just taken Intro to CS and Data Structures in college, I was one of the least experienced programmers in the group. Some people have gotten advanced degrees in Computer Science, or other disciplines, or even have worked as engineers for a few years. Although I was at first scared, I realized that it was actually better for me because every student in my cohort became my teacher and mentor when I struggled. It was definitely challenging but I found the experience to be very helpful, especially that I was able to land a software engineering position after graduation because of my coding skills and technologies I learned from Fullstack Academy. If you are deciding if Fullstack would be the right choice, just remember, if you promise yourself that you will work hard, you will make it and walk out from the program with valuable and skills that are in high-demand!

• Daniela Tizon  User Photo
    Daniela Tizon • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

It had been a while since a had an experience as intense as these 3 months at Fullstack.
    I learned so much about about coding (what I was here to learn) and about live and myself.
    This is a very hard and intense program, it is definetly not for everyone, but this is exactly what I wanted and what I needed.

The instructors are the best, as awesome coding masters and as human beings.
    The people I studied with were incredible: strong, smart, supportive, amazing. Every single one of them.

It is obvious culture is very important at Fullstack and I will always be thankfull for that. If you are going to spend 3 month practically living in this space with this people. you want the best environment posible, and I definitely found it here.

I would recommend this experience and this school without any doubt.
    I just graduated 2 days ago, and future is just so exciting right now,

• Jung Park  User Photo
    Jung Park • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated from Fullstack Academy's Software Engineering Immersive program in Chicago in the fall of 2017. Recently, I was able to land on an job offer from a software company in Chicago with extensive amount of help from Fullstack. No matter what background you are coming from, I can tell you for sure that you will be really challenged and will grow as a self-sufficient developer in this program.

Before coming to Fullstack, I worked as a software developer for 4 years. As I was leaving my old company, I wanted to get more education and learn about new technologies in programming to make myself more marketable. So, I was deciding between a bootcamp or a graduate degree in computer science. After finding out about Fullstack and reading numerous amount of positive reviews of the immersive program, I decided to give it a shot.

Immersive program's curriculum is divided into 2 phases: junior phase and senior phase. Junior phase is where you learn all about computer science (data structure, sorting, algorithm, etc) and web tech (Javascript, Node, SQL, jQuery, React, Redux, etc). Senior phase is where you get to use what you learned from junior phase with 3 main projects. From senior phase, you are also prepared for the real-world coding/job interviews. Both of phases are very intensive and fast-paced.

To be honest, I didn't think this program will be much challenging given that I already had years of experience in software development. However, I was very wrong. From day 1in junior phase, I was challenged and learned a lot. From many of lessons (or as they call it "workshop") in class, you are challenged to dive deep into it and to understand the fundamental. Often, you are also challenged to build things from the scratch. I have found these types of challenges to be very useful as you prepare for the technical interviews.

Last but not least, people you work with are the best part about this program. All staffs, including instructors and fellow students, are very helpful and friendly. Especially, all of instructors had tons of knowlege in programming, and there were so much to learn from the. Also, I found my classmates to be all smart, passionate, and driven. These were type of people I would love to work with in my work. I believe Fullstack's admission staffts have been doing great job of carefully selecting right people to join the program.

I hope my review was helpful. If you are like me thinking of chaning your careers in software development or just want to start fresh, I highly recommend you take this program.

• Best Decision
    - 2/8/2018
    Devon  User Photo
    Devon • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I applied to FullStack right out of high school through NYC's Tech Talent Pipeline. I can't recommend them enough. David is passionate about the curriculum and feedback from students. The instructors are very knowledgeable and always willing to lend a helping hand. The teaching fellows are invested in teaching everything they learned from their cohort. My peers were nothing short of engaged, determined, and supporting of each other. Career success won't hold back the punches on critique of your resume and online presence. With the help of FSA I am now a software engineer at a financial firm in NY before the age of 20. Can't recommend enough no matter your age or experience.

• I was wrong
    - 12/8/2017
    Shawn Swyx Wang  User Photo
    Shawn Swyx Wang • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I am reviewing Fullstack again because I sent in my review far too early in my job hunting process. Originally I felt that the career support was not very helpful for people who were mid career (and this is a common perception, that the career services are catered towards people more or less straight out of college). But I was so, so wrong. I met a bunch of firms at Fullstack's Hiring Day and literally just signed my offer from the first employer I met at hiring day. I got 3 offers and the career success team were extremely helpful in helping me navigate everything from turning DOWN my first six figure offer to flying out to Mountain View for my Google interview to reaching out to the Fullstack Alumni network to get more information for my eventual job offer that netted me 160k BASE. This is unreal and impossible for me to have conceived of without the help of Fullstack and without the opportunities created by Fullstack's Career Services people. I regret that I don't seem to be able to go back and edit my original review because I gave them a 4/5 because I'm a "nothing is perfect" kind of guy. But I was wrong. I stand by Fullstack through and through and if you still have doubts after reading this contact me so I can figure out what's wrong with you. @swyx on twitter.

• Isaac Ibiapina  User Photo
    Isaac Ibiapina • Student Verified via GitHub

Simply put, I had the drive to transition to a career as a software engineer, and Fullstack was the crucial piece in the puzzle that made it happen.

The course is incredibly intense, overwhelming and effective. Beyond the actual curriculum, Fullstack really teaches you how to be a software engineer. After the course, I was able to pick up new frameworks and tackle technical challenges more effectively as the entire bootcamp experience conditions you to get comfortable with the uncomfortable. It's a very powerful feeling to have knowing that you can pick almost any application and either be able to build it, or have full confidence in knowing you could teach yourself to. In my current job, I attribute both my aptitude at completing tasks, and work ethic to my experience in Fullstack.

Lastly, the members of my cohort were very good. Surrounded by people who (mostly don't have a technical background) but were successful with their own career paths. If you give motivated, competent people technical knowledge, they can build great things, and more over make each other even more great.

If you know becoming a developer is the path for you, the choice is a no-brainer. It'll be the hardest 13 weeks of your life, and it'll be totally worth it.

• Fun and Fulfilling!
    - 11/12/2017
    Mike  User Photo
    Mike • Fullstack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My time at Fullstack Academy was one of the most fun and fulfulling experiences I have ever had!  I was already an experienced backend coder, but Fullstack helped me learn to get a project completely off the ground by myself with an experience of the entire stack and how to integrate all of the pieces.  Every instructor was incredibly knowledgeable in their field and left me with valuable skills that have helped me every day of my new career.  As a Fullstack Alumni, I am also part of a large community that continues to interact.  I am constantly running into other alumni, even within my own company.  I would recommend this course to anyone who truely loves coding and is either just starting out, or wants to learn all of the most relevant JavaScript libraries/frameworks in the industry.

• Mieka Page  User Photo
    Mieka Page • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    The instructors are brilliant and approachable. I'd recommend Fullstack on their strength alone. The curriculum was fast paced and extensive and entirely applicable to the current environment. Also, Fullstack enrolls fantastic students -- I loved my cohort. Finally, I got my job directly from the Hiring Day event that the bootcamp hosts at the end of the program -- Fullstack is responsible for me achieving exactly what I intended when I applied.