epicodus-logo

Epicodus

Online, Online, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle

Epicodus

Epicodus is a coding bootcamp offering part- and full-time courses online and in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington. The first 5 weeks of Epicodus’s full-time program are offered for free. Students learn everything they need to know to get a job as a web developer by learning Ruby, Rails and React or C#, .NET and React. Each track includes Intro to Programming and JavaScript. At Epicodus, students learn how to build web applications from top to bottom with modern technologies and practices. More important than any particular skill, cohorts are taught how to think like a programmer, write good code, and pick up new languages and technologies in this fast-changing industry.

Every track also includes job search preparation for students; support and instruction in crafting resumes, cover letters, portfolios, and online presences. Career support staff meets one-on-one with every student to review and practice interviewing skills. After completing courses, students are placed in hand-selected internships with tech companies at no extra cost, allowing them to begin their job search with coding experience already on their resumes. To kick off their job search, graduates participate in a Demo Day where they present projects to local, hiring employers.

Recent Epicodus Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (157) reviews for Epicodus →

Recent Epicodus News

Read all (10) articles about Epicodus →
  • C# and React

MySQL, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js
    Start Date October 12, 2020
    LocationSeattle, Portland, Online
    Our focus is to prepare you for a career in the growing tech industry. Learning to code is a valuable skill that employers are constantly searching for in web development and design careers. Each track begins with a 3-week Introduction to Programming course for beginners to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic web pages and understand programming fundamentals. No coding experience is required, but computer proficiency is necessary. Next, you'll spend four weeks learning Intermediate JavaScript skills. JavaScript is the only programming language understood by all web browsers, making it the most common language for web and mobile development. Students who learn how to code in JavaScript will be able to create simple to complex web pages, add interactivity features to an existing site, and update pages quickly without reloading. After completing JavaScript, students will spend seven weeks learning C# and .NET, which are both developed by Microsoft. Students who are well-versed in C# programming can use it to create client applications, database applications, distributed components, and much more. The final six weeks of the in-class portion of Epicodus is spent learning React. React is a JavaScript library used to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces. It allows a site to quickly update many different elements at once without reloading the page. Since its development at Facebook in 2011, it has exploded in popularity. After completing the in-class portion of the program, you'll spend five weeks at an internship with a tech company. As part of Epicodus, local companies host students as full-time interns. It's a chance for students to learn about how development works in the real world, and a chance for companies to work with talented developers in the making. Internships are included at no additional cost to students.
    Yes, available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    October 12, 2020 - Portland
    October 12, 2020 - Online
    October 12, 2020 - Seattle
  • Intro to Programming (Part-Time Evening)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    Start Date October 13, 2020
    LocationSeattle, Portland, Online
    This course is for absolute beginners to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic webpages and understand programming fundamentals. No coding experience is required, but computer proficiency is necessary. Here's some of what we'll cover: HTML and CSS: the presentation and styling languages of the web Git: the tool programmers use to track their code Command line: the tool programmers use to interact with their computers Markdown: a simple language for documents JavaScript: the programming language of the web jQuery: a JavaScript library for making interactive web pages Bootstrap: a framework for easily creating good-looking websites

Minimum Skill LevelNone
    October 13, 2020 - Online
    October 13, 2020 - Seattle
    October 13, 2020 - Portland
  • Intro to Programming (Special)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    ScholarshipScholarships available for those affected by Covid-19.
  • JS and React (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Front End
    Start Date October 13, 2020
    LocationSeattle, Portland, Online
    Note: Successful completion of Intro to Programming is necessary to enroll for our part-time JavaScript/React course. Our part-time JavaScript/React course is designed for working professionals and others interested in learning how to code on a part-time basis. Over 20 weeks, students will learn JavaScript and React.

During the first eight weeks of the program, you will learn Intermediate JavaScript skills such as how to test your code, working with asynchrony, and making API calls.
 During the final twelve weeks of the program, you will learn how to build applications with React and Redux. React is a JavaScript library used to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces. Since its development at Facebook in 2011, it has exploded in popularity. Redux is a state-management library often used with React to handle changes in an application's data.

After 20 weeks, you will have the skills to explore careers as a front-end developer and to further your own professional development.
    Skills Fund, Climb
    Minimum Skill LevelSuccessful completion of Epicodus' Intro to Programming course
    October 13, 2020 - Portland
    October 13, 2020 - Seattle
    October 13, 2020 - Online
  • Ruby and React

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, REST, SQL
    LocationPortland, Online
    Our focus is to prepare you for a career in the growing tech industry. Learning to code is a valuable skill that employers are constantly searching for in web development and design careers. Each track begins with a 3-week Introduction to Programming course for beginners to learn the fundamentals of programming. After completing this course, you'll be able to build basic web pages and understand programming fundamentals. No coding experience is required, but computer proficiency is necessary. Next, you'll spend four weeks learning Intermediate JavaScript skills. JavaScript is the only programming language understood by all web browsers, making it the most common language for web and mobile development. Students who learn how to code in JavaScript will be able to create simple to complex web pages, add interactivity features to an existing site, and update pages quickly without reloading. After completing JavaScript, students will spend seven weeks learning Ruby and Rails. Ruby is a programming language focused on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write. The Ruby programming language is most commonly used with the Ruby on Rails framework. The final six weeks of the in-class portion of Epicodus is spent learning React. React is a JavaScript library used to create dynamic, interactive user interfaces. It allows a site to quickly update many different elements at once without reloading the page. Since its development at Facebook in 2011, it has exploded in popularity. After completing the in-class portion of the program, you'll spend five weeks at an internship with a tech company. As part of Epicodus, local companies host students as full-time interns. It's a chance for students to learn about how development works in the real world, and a chance for companies to work with talented developers in the making. Internships are included at no additional cost to students.
    Yes, available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
  • Verna Santos  User Photo
    Verna Santos • Co-Founder of Triple Spark Design • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I’ve researched a few bootcamp school and Epicodus was the right fit for me. The price is reasonable for what I was looking for. Coursework is straightforward and the videos are great but wish there was a few more videos towards the end of the course which they are aware of. It was very challenging for me esp. with no coding experience but I was able to pull through with the support of the instructor and my cohort. The instructor is very knowledgeable and helped me comprehend the basics.

Overall, I enjoyed (even on the tough days) and learned the skills I need to continue to grow my business attending Epicodus.

• Elrey Belmonti  User Photo
    Elrey Belmonti • Software Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Epicodus is a great place to learn how to code and become a developer.  Coming from a non traditional developer background, Epicodus gave me the skills and the confidence to land my dream job. The staff, teachers, and fellow students were and still are amazing support system. If you ever thought to yourself, “I want to learn how to code but don’t know where to start”, let Epicodus give you that start. “I would like to become a developer but I am not smart enough”, let Epicodus prove you wrong.

• Isaac  User Photo
    Isaac • Wordpress Designer / Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I enrolled in Epicodus during the late summer of 2017 and graduated as recently as March of 2018.  I started my first day at my new job in early July.  I wouldn't have been able to start this new position if it weren't for the skills and direction that Epicodus provided for me.  The instructors are top notch they do not coddle you and walk you through everything, they know how to proud your mind into thinking in a manner that you will eventually come to a conclusion and if you eventually cannot solve it they will find the time to assist you.  Class sizes are reasonable and the people there seemed very friendly.  The atmosphere is not competetive in any way, I was in no way shape or form the best person or strongest coder in my cohort, but I felt like in order to find a job after your classes are finished you must be relentless in applications if you want to work.  Also I knew from fairly early on I didn't necessarily want to work as an App Developer I just wanted to help build and design websites.

• Byron Chang  User Photo
    Byron Chang • Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I started with a bit of extra web development experience compared with the majority of my classmates. Within 2 weeks I felt like I was swimming in the deep end, Epicodus is FAST at ramping up and challenging you to your fullest. I loved every moment of it. (I should mention that Epicodus does not require you to have any development experience as their courses will bring you up to speed. They do a great job at it!)

The classroom environment is set for rapid learning, the instructors were great and very knowledgeable and you are surrounded by other students who learning along with you. Sometimes asking another student for help is just as helpful as getting guidance from an instructor.  Although troubleshooting issues on your own is part of the process, this prevents you from getting stuck for too long on any one problem.

In addition to learning how to code the latest technologies, the guidance that they provided for your Linkedin, resumes, and cover letters were amazing. They helped me look like an aspiring professional with the skills and experience to back it up. Highly recommend and have already done so to a friend!

• Emilie  User Photo
    Emilie • Jr. Web Engineer • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    Epicodus stands out from other bootcamps because of its academic structure. It's a 6-moth, 40 hour a week program. You treat it like a job and feel like a real developer right from the start. It's roughly the same number of classroom hours as an undergrad CS degree, and since it's done in six months, students are learning the latest, most relevant technology. By the time I graduated, I had hundreds of hours in React and two Android portfolio pieces on my resume, which helped me stand out.
    I loved my instructors and how they taught the core principles of coding. The fact that learnhowtoprogram.com is free says a lot about Epicodus' mission to help everyone have the opportunity to learn. I would recommend Epicodus to anyone willing to work hard to change their career path.
  • Margaret Berry  User Photo
    Margaret Berry • Product Development Intern • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am very thankful for my time at Epicodus, and for the opportunities it has opened up for me. When I started, I had very little programming experience aside from a few online tutorials. I learned an amazing amount in 6 months. As a developer, you'll need to learn new skills and technologies quickly, and Epicodus gives you great practice!

I think pair programming is a very effective way to learn, and it gives you a taste of what it's like working on a development team. You get to know your classmates very well, and walk away with new friends, and a strong professional network.

Learning is self-driven, with a teacher providing support, but mostly letting you work through problems with your partner. It was definitely stressful and difficult at times, but also fun and interesting. The weekly code reviews give you a chance to assess what you understand and what you need to study. Most of the time you're creating projects from scratch, which gives you a clear understanding of what all the pieces are doing, but not a lot of experience diving into an existing codebase. I thought the curriculum taught relevant skills, with Git, JavaScript, JavaScript frameworks, and SQL being particularly valuable.

Epicodus provides help with LinkedIn, resumes, cover letters, interview practice, and also with the demo days several times a year. You start using Git on day one, and will have a solid GitHub profile by the end of the program. I had a great internship experience, but they do seem to vary. You may not get a job through your internship, or immediately after graduation. I had to apply to a lot of jobs, and it took a few months before I got a paid development internship, but I did get there! Overall, Epicodus is a great value for your money. I highly recommend it!

• Aundra Miller  User Photo
    Aundra Miller • Web Application Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Before starting at Epicodus, I knew next to nothing about programming. As I look back two years after graduating the program, I can say with full confidence that it was my decision to enroll at Epicodus that launched my fulfilling and exciting career in web development.

Epicodus teachers and staff strive to create and maintain a unique environment where students can safely learn new technologies and hone their programming skills. By pair programming with my colleagues, I learned how to verbalize concepts, collaborate with others, solve complex problems, and learn from my mistakes. After I completed all my courses, I enrolled in their internship program. During those five weeks, I gained valuable, hands-on, real-life programming experience and had the opportunity to learn from seasoned developers.

Landing a job as a programmer certainly requires training beforehand and plenty of hard work along the way. But I can honestly say that if I had not attended Epicodus, I certainly would not be doing the work I love so much today. I am grateful to the team at Epicodus for providing me with the environment, tools, and trainng I needed to jump start my career and pursue my dreams.

• Benjamin Seaver  User Photo
    Benjamin Seaver • Junior Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The Epicodus 6 month bootcamp program is for the courageous and dedicated person who desires to transition into a high tech career.

It is NOT like a college or university program with several classes and a schedule you can design for yourself.

It is like a demanding entry level job. One must be there 8 to 5, Monday to Friday week after week for 6 months.  One cannot afford to take days off.  And yes, one needs to stay dedicated and regularly study during nights and weekends.

The reward for completing this program, is knowing that you can in fact work in a fast paced software development environment.  You can in fact work well both alone and also all day with colleagues.  And you can work with a variety of modern computer languages, frameworks and tools, in a short amount of time. You know this, because this is what you have been doing for 6 months.

Proof is both in your Github portfolio and in a rigorous report of accomplishment and attendance from Epicodus.

Epicodus is a credible organization that reliably produces qualified software development and high tech workers in their 6 month program.

• Rose Sponseller  User Photo
    Rose Sponseller • UX Designer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Epicodus was without a doubt the best career decision I have ever made. My only regret is not attending sooner. Two weeks after graduation, I accepted a job offer that was nearly double of what I was making before and had been invited to interview with 10 companies.

~*~TUITION~*~

When I enrolled, the cost of tuition was $4800; now it’s $6900. I went to Epicodus over any other bootcamp in the area because of the cost (and reviews!). $4800 was a big investment for me at the time and I would’ve gone the route of an online bootcamp if it had cost any more.

~*~ CURRICULUM~*~

I completed the CSS/Design track.

The Intro curriculum is very comprehensive but many of the videos in the Intro are long overdue for a re-recording, due to poor audio quality and errors.

Epicodus now offers CSS/Design and CSS/React tracks. CSS/React wasn’t available at the time of my enrollment. I imagine those who are taking the CSS/React track are more interested in front end development than design. My cohort was about 50/50 split of those who were interested in UX/UI Design and front end development.

The CSS/Design track needs an overhaul. I think the JavaScript module should be dropped for the CSS/Design students and replaced with more UX concepts and product design fundamentals, as the 3 weeks the Design class offers are not enough. I had graphic design experience before Epicodus which gave me an advantage, but it’s been a struggle for others to find a UX/UI job with only 3 weeks of UX/UI-related courses under their belts. There are tons of design opportunities in the Portland-area and Epicodus would be wise to invest in a stronger Design program.

Unfortunately, the current Design track offers even less design-focused coursework. It now includes only 2 weeks of Design, with 2 weeks of React. Epicodus also offers a CSS/React course, so why React is in a design course is beyond me.

The CSS module should also spend less time on floats and introduce new CSS concepts like CSS grid, as well as designing sites with accessibility in mind and cross-browser compatibility.

~*~TEACHERS~*~

Teachers vary in enthusiasm, knowledge of the concepts, and commitment. When you get stuck, you can submit a ticket and a teacher will come by to help. It generally doesn’t take more than 5 or so minutes to get help, but it can take up to an hour - in which case, you’ll be relying on your fellow students for help.

I wished my weekly code reviews included more thorough feedback and that I had more 1:1 time with a teacher to discuss my progress and struggles.

~*~PAIR PROGRAMMING~*~

I’m very introverted, so I knew that Epicodus would be stepping outside of my comfort zone.

Pairing was generally a positive experience. Some days I was the weak link, some days I carried my pair through the day, and on others we screamed at the computer together. I learned something new from every person I paired with, whether it was a keyboard shortcut in Chrome, Atom, Sketch or a new way of thinking about a concept.

Generally I liked pairing because when left to my own devices, I get easily distracted, so sharing a computer with someone else all day kept me from checking Twitter.

~*~JOB ASSISTANCE~*~

When you graduate, you’ll receive weekly check ins, access to a job board for alums and weekly job digests (with opportunities that allow you to apply directly to a hiring manager). I found the weekly check ins really helpful, as I often had questions on how to phrase specific things during interviews and negotiations.

I only saw one design-related job posting in the digests and job board, though.

~*~INTERNSHIP~*~

The internship opportunity at the end of the program is great. Most people in my class got matched with their first or second choices. Although my internship experience was not positive, I don’t think I would’ve landed the job I have now without the internship, as I was doing similar work within the same tech stack and got to talk about that experience during the interview process.

~*~HOT TIPZ FOR SUCCEEDING AT EPICODUS AND BEYOND~*~

- Make Epicodus the most important thing in your life. Be prepared to eat, sleep, and breathe Epicodus. Your friends, family, spouse, and hobbies will need to take a back seat during the program. Dive as deep as you can into the curriculum and technologies you’re learning.

- If you can swing it, don’t work while attending Epicodus. Again, everything else in your life should take a back seat.

- Create a README template and use it for at least your Friday projects. Include a detailed description for the project, along with set up/installation instructions, and screenshots.

- Create an online portfolio. Even if you’re not a designer. DO IT. It will help establish your credibility. Make a YourName.com website with a link to some of your projects, your background, and ways to contact you. When I have told non-design students this, they scoff and say “I have my GitHub, my code will speak for itself.” That’s not true.

The first person to look at your job application may be a CEO or a Recruiter who doesn’t know how to code or have time to weed through your GitHub repos. You won’t get a job right out of code school because you’re an amazing designer or developer, you’ll get a job because someone likes you, believes in your potential, and thinks you’ll fit in with their team. You’re more than just your code or designs and people want to see that.

- Start making your portfolio when you hit JavaScript class and launch it before your internship starts. If you’re a Design student, don’t even think about applying for a job unless you have a portfolio, so get on it ASAP.

- Have 1 project on your portfolio (and pinned on GitHub) that isn’t related to an Epicodus assignment. Employers who’ve interviewed other Epicodus grads are tired of seeing your Pig Dice sites.

- Familiarize yourself with Agile development and project trackers like Trello and Pivotal Tracker and use them seriously during your group weeks. Put those experiences as skills on your resume and talk about them during interviews. If you’re not working in an Agile environment or using project trackers during your internship, try to get the team on board. Employers eat this stuff up! They are looking for people who can work within a larger team. Maybe you have this fantasy about being the Lone Programmer Hero - and perhaps someday you’ll get there, but it’s not how you will get your foot in the door.

- Read “How to Win Friends and Influence People” before you go on your internship interviews.

- Have business cards ready in time for your internship interviews and have enough to hand out at Demo Day. Make sure the cards include links to your online portfolio, GitHub, LinkedIn, and email address.

- In addition to business cards, bring printed resumes to Demo Day.

- Don’t think you need to settle for the median starting salary for grads. Your skills are worth much much more than that. SOMEONE has to be living in all those shiny new condos - why not you? Look up salaries on Glassdoor for every single company you apply to and use tools like StackOverflow’s salary calculator. Again, your skills coming out of Epicodus are highly valuable no matter what anyone may tell you, don’t forget that!

- Apply for your jobs during your internship, or even before. Get on it! Don’t wait until after the internship to start applying.

- Don’t expect your internship to hire you after the 5 weeks are over, no matter what they promise you. Apply for other jobs.

- Think of job listing requirements as an employer’s wish list. Don’t be deterred by years of required experience. Apply for a position because it appeals to you, don’t pigeonhole yourself as a junior and only apply for jobs with junior in the title. I applied for a senior position and got an interview. I wasn’t hired but hey, they still saw something in me, despite asking for 5-7 years experience.

- I hate the expectation that designers and developers should do nothing but do work-related things in their free time, but use the time you’re attending Epicodus to invest in yourself and your future career. You’ll need to hustle hard and sell yourself to various companies when you graduate. When you get a job, you can go back to being a normal and well-rounded human being again.

- Pack a ding dang lunch. The vending machines and food carts are not worth it and will kill your wallet.

- Sign up for a Treehouse account, it complements with the curriculum (especially Intro, JavaScript, and CSS) and it’s a good place to start branching out to learn other things you’re passionate about.

- If you live in Multnomah County and have a library card, you can use Lynda.com for free.

- Go to meet ups. I went to a 2-3 meet ups a month and as much as I’d like to tell you I schmoozed and networked, I didn’t. I prefer going to workshops or specific talks rather than the ones where you have to stand around and to talk to strangers. To be honest, I often went to meet ups with fellow classmates and mostly just talked to them, but going to them helped me feel like I was part of a larger community and I usually learned something new or interesting.

- Be a resource for your classmates. You’re all in this together.

- Your classmates are not your competition. There may be overlap when interviewing, but have some perspective: there are lots of jobs in the world. Support each other. Your classmates are your friends and future colleagues.

- When you graduate, ask the career coordinator ANYTHING. I relied on her heavily for wording things in interviews, turning opportunities down, and negotiations and it helped me immensely!

- Customize your cover letters for every single role you apply to. Be genuine, don’t be a “To Whom It May Concern, I am very interested in your firm” robot. I cold applied for about 50 jobs and had been invited to interview with 10 companies (2 were from Demo Day, 1 was a recruiter who reached out to me, but the 7 others were jobs I cold applied to online). In my cover letters, I not only mentioned what my skills were and what I’d bring to the company, but WHY I liked them and what they were doing. People LIKE when you like them!

- Be the kind of person you want to work with. Show up on time, be honest, don’t disappear on your pair without warning, and don’t sleep in just because you don’t feel like going to school that day. School will be over before you know it, make the most of the time.

~*~THINGS THAT COULD IMPROVE~*~

- The CSS/Design track often feels like the odd one out. For example, there are lunch speakers every Wednesday and none of the speakers during my stint at Epicodus were design-related. The Eventbrite invitation for Demo Day mentioned that we were CSS/React, not CSS/Design. Does that mean there were design agencies and companies in need of designers that skipped out on Demo Day because design students weren’t listed?

- Amenities. Paper towels in the cafeteria were a rare sight and it’d be great if the kitchen stocked silverware.

- The attendance policy is far too lax.

- Code reviews from teachers should include DETAILED feedback and notes. It was disappointing to put my all into something for 9 hours and receive only “Good job!” as feedback.

- Do teachers at Epicodus use a plagiarism detector? Because they should.

- I wish online portfolios were a mandatory part of graduation, like creating a resume, cover letter, and cleaning up your GitHub.

- Companies should be required to provide more details about what they are looking for in an intern, the type of projects the interns will be working on, and if they are looking for someone with a design or development background. This would make the initial rankings and going into interviews less stressful. I felt like I was going to 5 blind dates because I had so little information about the companies and what they expected (and yes, lots of the companies had very barebones websites). It's hard to answer questions like "why do you want to intern for us?" when companies provided so little information in Epicenter and had a minimal internet presence.

- If 75% of grads are making $60k or less, the salary breakdown for employed grads should show more ranges for those making less than $60k. Also, I’d like to see salary breakdown for both Portland AND Seattle grads. And breakdowns by track.

- The graduation certificate is the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. Come on, Epicodus!

Congrats on reading this whole thing! I normally am not this verbose, but I wish you the best of luck at Epicodus. Give it your all… and make a portfolio!

• great environment!
    - 12/21/2017
    Taylor  User Photo
    Taylor • Install coordinator w/ Fast Water Heater Verified via LinkedIn

Epicodus was a great experience for my particular situation. I had been studying front end development on my own for about 5 months when I began attending part-time evening classes at Epicodus. The work was challenging enough to the point where I definitely gained new skills at a much quicker rate than I would've otherwise. Pair programming was also a great experiece because it taught me to see things from another point of view and how to better work in a team setting. And can we talk about that price tag for the class! So affordable! I would recommend Epicodus' part time class to anyone who's looking to jump-start his or her dive into the web development world. There is a whole lot you'll have to outside of class to become proficient but the curriculum will definitely get you on track.

• Jennifer Kinsey  User Photo
    Jennifer Kinsey • Tech Support Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I hesitated on changing careers for years, staying in something that paid the bills but wasn't what I wanted to do. Then I moved to Portland and completed the Ruby on Rails track at Epicodus. I found the fast paced course was challenging. Pair programming helped with learning concepts and keeping engaged for the full day. The instructors and my cohort were all positive influences throughout my coding journey and I learned more and faster than if I were doing this at home on my computer. My internship helped me get a feel for the real world and also were mentors be for me. The support I received after graduating was terrific. Weekly check-ins and regular job listings from companies looking for epicodus grads was another plus. If you're thinking about moving to attend Epicodus, I'm proof you can do it. Especially for the women out there, you won't find a more supportive community for women in tech than Portland.
  • Ben Metzger  User Photo
    Ben Metzger • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The most important point I want to stress is that I saw far too many people enter this program without doing ANY programming experience at all. How can you know if something suits you if you've never tried it? There's no excuse, simply sign up for udacity's CS101 course and see if you're into it. If you don't find the challenge fun, do NOT sign up at any coding bootcamp. Programming jobs pay well because it's very challenging work, not because there's a shortage of entry-level programmers (there is a shortage of GOOD programmers).

With that said, my experience at Epicodus was almost entirely positive. I learned A LOT, very quickly and pair programming was a blast. If I were to recommend any changes for the curriculum, I would include 5 weeks (or more) of CS fundamentals and raise the acceptance bar.

I also want to say that the new career counselor in Seattle (Mindy) is incredible. She has been professionally trained as a career coach / interview coach and knows her stuff. Definitely utilize her knowledge if you're in the Seattle program.

Epicodus Outcomes

100% of students intended to seek in-field employment within 180 days of graduating. 0% of students did not intend to seek in-field employment.Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 43 graduates included in report:

87% of job obtainers reported salaries. 5% of job obtainers were hired by the school itself.

Read Epicodus' full CIRR Job Outcomes Report here