eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (144) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (48) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
     Students may qualify for scholarships and other funding. Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

Agile, Algorithms, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Data Analytics , DevOps, Git, HTML, jQuery, MVC, MySQL, .NET, REST, SQL
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MVC, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Amazing Program!!
    - 10/19/2018
    Brittany H.  User Photo
    Brittany H. • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have a tendency to be verbose so I'll try to keep this somewhat brief- just rest assured that the topic of my recent career transition is one I could gush about nearly endlessly.

I was interested in pursuing coding for a few years before attending Eleven Fifty, but thought I would have to put a lot of time and money into going back to school and getting a CS degree. The fact that I was able to break into the tech field in just twelve weeks? It feels like cheating, but I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm in an amazing career that speaks to both my interests and skillset, I'm with a great company that is extremely supportive of my continued learning, and I nearly doubled my salary over the course of a few months.

The experience was great, from the friendly staff devoted to our success up to the warm reception of the Indy tech community. The curriculum constantly evolves as the Academy figures out new ways to make the most out of the twelve weeks, and it is structured around learning how to learn. The tech industry is rapidly changing, there's no way they could cover everything that's out there, but the best way for them to equip their students is by helping to equip them to think like a programmer and be receptive to continuous learning. Which they do! I was in completely new territory when I started my current job, but I had the practice under my belt to be able to know how best to tackle the challenges that continue to present themselves.

I can't recommend this course enough, I would just make sure that any prospective students have the aptitude and interest before beginning. I took out a loan for the full amount of tuition, but felt secure in that commitment because I was certain it would be up my alley and I would be able to make it through. There are plenty of online resources to practice and get a good taste for programming before diving in!

• Graduate
    - 10/18/2018
    Alecx Moritz  User Photo
    Alecx Moritz Verified via GitHub

My expectations were exceeded by this program. I cannot recomend it enough.

The instructors and other staff were amazing, the career readiness team made me feel very taken care of. I was assisted, tested, taught, encouraged, and made amazing connections. I cannot speak highly enough of them.

• Tim Deeter  User Photo
    Tim Deeter • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Intense bootcamp with excellent instructors and hands on coding experience that focuses on the problem solving and programming skills you need to go into the job force. Very transparent operations and curriculum.

• Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • programmer analyst II • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The value you a student receives from this program is amazing.  You have to put in the work, but the instructors and staff will make sure you understand all the key concepts and go out of their way to help.  Additonally, they put an emphasis on helping graduates land a job.  I highly recommend this to anyone interested on learning how to code.

• Christian Ingram  User Photo
    Christian Ingram • Junior Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The 12 weeks spent with Eleven Fifty Academy was challenging, exhausting, and exciting. I came into the program having done my research, so I knew it would be difficult and fast paced; but whew, it was crazy fast. The first 2 weeks had my head swimming in symbols, characters, numbers, and words that had me questioning if programming was for me. Slowly those words, numbers, and symbols began to make sense and that is when the excitement comes.

The instructors are knowledgable, articulate, helpful, and passionate about their craft. They seek to educate the students with the latest, most up-to-date technologies and frameworks possible.

I found the entire staff at Eleven Fifty to be incredibly helpful and caring. Always taking an interest in how I was feeling about my progression in the course. They made me feel welcome from day one, which was greatly appreciated.

There are areas of the curriculum that need to be addressed. In my opinion, there needs to be 1-2 more hours per week of classroom instruction.

My overall experience at The Academy was a positive one. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would, I would just make sure I was better prepared. I would encourage future students to prepare for the class above and beyond the pre-work they suggest for you.

I do not have a job yet. I did not expect to, since I just graduated last week and did not begin seeking employment until the class was finished. Through job assistance programs, networking, and mentors I have faith that it will happen in the very near future.

• JavaScript 12 week
    - 11/7/2017
    AJ  User Photo
    AJ • Jr. Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came to Eleven Fifty as part of a career change which was a risk for me. Before coming to the school I was fully employed with an advanced degree in my former field. However, I was miserable in that career and Eleven Fifty was a great chance to change.

I came to the school with the only coding experience being the weekend course and pre-assigned work. If you are on the fence at all take a weekend class and see. I found there was zero difference in the environment and quality of instruction from the weekend course to the longer classes. Sure the pace in the 12 weeks is greatly accelerated but if you’re on the fence see if you can be comfortable in a risk free environment. If you don’t like it no worries the people that run the academy are not going to push their services on you.

To that last point I have never had an interaction with any of the Eleven Fifty staff from instructors all the way to the head leadership that was unpleasant. They really do care about you and your development and will often reach out. I have graduated now, and I am still in daily contact with the staff and use some of the facilities. They do a great job of fostering a sense of community and it’s evident that community is important to each and everyone in the school.

Last point, if you want to graduate it is very simple just do the work. If you put in the time and effort you will make it through. The instructors are not going to leave on an island. I didn’t feel very confident in the core fundamental until late in the program. Stick with it do the work.

I would recommend this 10 out of 10 times if you are considering this as a career change and like the weekend course.

• Graduate
    - 3/10/2022
    Martin Hanley • Graduate
    Eleven Fifty Academy is a great place to learn and change to a new profession.  I wanted to get into the cybersecurity world and found a certification program to be the best course for me.  Two things that pulled me towards EFA:  1)  They had a shorter and more focused program.  Some IT certification programs go for 6 months or more and prep you for 12+ certifications.  EFA went for 3.5 months and prepared me for 2 industry specific certifications.  Doing the math there it shows that EFA has more focus on specific certs, ones that directly apply to the field you are interested in working in and it shows they will dedicate a good amount of time helping you understand the material.  2)  My second reason was the Cyberbit Range.  This advanced simulated network is used in the final weeks of the program for you to test your knowledge and skills in a real world environment, complete with user segments and malware to identify.  This was a draw for me because many programs, including many college programs, give you book knowledge to pass tests but no application of it in the real world.  EFA and their cyber range helped me excel in the book knowledge, then put it to use for real hands on experience.  There are many options for funding, they have full time and part time classes.  This is a bootcamp so be prepared for a lot of note taking, a lot of reading, and a lot of learning in a short amount of time.  If you can handle that and want to get into tech, then check out Eleven Fifty Academy!

• UX/UI
    - 3/3/2022
    Q • Graphic Designer • Student
    As a graphic designer, I definitely benefited from the course. I learned how to use a few new applications for prototyping and the guest speakers they brought were really insightful. The coursework is at your own pace and was flexible with my full time work schedule. I would suggest this course to any designer wanting to learn a new area in their industry.
  • Jasmine • Student
    I was in the free five-week Coding Foundations course. I am giving them a low rating because of the experience I received from the course. They are not honest about their programs either. For instances, they state you can enter their program with no experience. It is not true. Also, you will be treated as an outcast if you have a degree. They have rude Learning Assistants in the course. In addition to the rude Learning Assistants, you are given a personal effort report which is 20 percent (so if you do not have your camera on, yell out, or even type out the question, your grade will be very low). I was taken this course while taken my graduate course  and had to pull 4 all nighters (3 during the second week and one during the fourth week) order to keep my grade up in my graduate course and this course. During the first week, it was going fine. I was learning a lot from the instructor initially teaching and felt comfortable to continue on with the course. However, by the second week all heck broke loose. We had between 6 to 7 projects and quizzes due under the assignment tab (I four assignments that I turned in late since they were late 10% were deducted even though they were turned in on the same day). Also, the course contained 60 students by the five week, there were only 23 to 25 students. During fourth week, they decide to take away the Portfolio project and raise the percentage from 20% to 30% for the API project. The API project was a nightmare in the course they just list it as chapter 19, they do not even place notes about the DOM or anything. What placed the icing on the cake for me, is when during the second week they started changing instructors. For instances, you may be learning from one instructor about CSS and they may have finished discussing the topic and the next you are placed in new breakout room with another instructor and they are teaching a new topic. From there I became lost and frustrated that I began looking at Youtube videos to help me understand about CSS and Javascript because every instructor has their own approach towards the each subject, which frustrated many students including myself which caused many drop out of the course. Also, going back to the learning assistants, there was one learning assistant who seems to be annoyed. One day , I was seeking assistance about C# and it was towards the end of the day and we had to compose our code in another program called Replit. Although we had just started it, I wanted to get the assignment done so I could focus on both the API project and the CIW certification for HTML5 and CSS3 and Javascript basics which I will discuss later. Well, there was him and another learning assistant who was in the breakout room and I just did understand what the assignment was really asking because our class had not finished the lesson for C# but make a long story short this learning assistant became very annoyed to the point I became discouraged. By the time I got to the Learning Gym, I was unable to speak to the instructor in there because I was in tears from the previous encounter, and he asked if I was all right and he had to go because his time was about to end. But, the next instructor stated they could not help me because they did not know about C#. Well, I went to the Replit website and it help me a lot but I became a little frustrated because I got a point deducted because I did not use the If else statement, when the assignment asked for the if statements which I used and got it work correctly as requested for the C# assignment. Next, I want to discuss about the CIW certification that was offered in class. Students have the opportunity to earn a CIW certification in HTML5 and CSS3. They are offered the exam two times (3rd and 5th) with a score of 72.53 or above. I did pass and earn the certification but I did not pass the Coding Foundation course because I did not have a passing score of a 70% because the personal effort and API project were low. Also, I stated I was not coming back to the institution and asked constantly if it would affect my grade. I was told no it would not. Well, I took a survey that was a point and could have went towards my grade and was given a zero when I actually submitted the survey. I will admit by week 3, I hated coming to this course because the consistency of the bootcamp was changing and you really do not get any support here from the Student Success because the staff are leaving or they truly did not care because they have received the funding on your behalf. Overall, I would recommend people not to come to this institution because you will suffer if you do not have any experience in coding,you will be an outcast if you are not a college dropout, they state they are not a traditional institution but they are for they take attendance and request that you turn on your cameras through zoom. If you are like me and prefer a non-traditional, self-pace courses: Udemy, W3school, Freemote, Shecodes, and there are more but you must do your research!!!!
  • Nikki Nichole Grostefon • Associate Developer
    I am going to sound so cheesy, but it is true! Eleven Fifty literally was cornerstone in my success in tech. Every person I came in contact with at Eleven Fifty was golden, even if I was asking the same questions over and over. I always had support. This program launched me into my dream job. I could not have done it without this organization.
  • Desmond • Student
    This course changed my life. I learned so much valuable information that I’ll use in my new career. The instructors were all so helpful and knowledgeable. They have an excellent group of individuals that work diligently to make sure students are learning what they need too.
  • Great bootcamp!
    - 10/4/2021
    Daniel Buergler • Graduate
    EFA is an awesome bootcamp that helps you prepare for the transition into the tech world. I loved the stack we were taught and enjoyed the projects we worked on. The career team is the best in the business to help find you a job in the industry!

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.