eleven-fifty-academy-logo

Eleven Fifty Academy

Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Online

Eleven Fifty Academy

Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit coding and cybersecurity bootcamp headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana offering a range of courses from 12-14 week full-time bootcamps to 24-week part-time programs. Eleven Fifty Academy is focused on helping aspiring career-starters with little to no experience as well as tech professionals seeking to enhance their skills. Each course provides a hands-on, project-centric teaching approach for students to grow their soft skills as well as their tech skills in a friendly, entrepreneurial-minded classroom environment. In-person classes are taught at Launch Fishers as well as Downtown Indianapolis.

The Web Development program teaches students JavaScript, HTML, CSS, PostgreSQL, Express, React, and Bootstrap. Students learn pair programming, develop full stack applications, create and deploy web pages, and create a portfolio of finished projects.

The Cybersecurity program includes hands-on training both attacking and defending on a military-grade simulated cybersecurity training range. Students will learn how to conduct and stop cyber attacks, as well as be prepared for an entry-level job in the industry. Students work towards their CompTIA Security+ certification in this program.

The Software Development program gives students the skills to become successful Microsoft .NET software developers. Students will create and deploy web pages, develop full stack applications, and learn modern frameworks and libraries. Students will learn HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, and REST.

Eleven Fifty Academy offers career prep to their students, including finalizing portfolios, resume and LinkedIn assistance, and offering guidance on professional networking. All programs offered by Eleven Fifty Academy are continuously guided and critiqued by industry advisory boards composed of hiring managers, influencers, and decision makers within the tech ecosystem. Eleven Fifty Academy offers a variety of funding options, including private loans, GI Bill funds, Progressive Income Share Agreements (PISA), and scholarships.

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy Reviews: Rating 4.71

all (146) reviews for Eleven Fifty Academy →

Recent Eleven Fifty Academy News

Read all (49) articles about Eleven Fifty Academy →
  • Cybersecurity 14-Week Bootcamp

Our Cybersecurity program is designed to arm you with real-world experience and the credentials to back it. You'll begin with prework, learning CompTIA A+ basics. Soon after, you are on your way to Network+, and Security+ certifications. As you are earning your certifications, you'll also be gaining experience both attacking (red team) and defending (blue team) on a military-grade cybersecurity simulation range.
     Students may qualify for scholarships and other funding. Lending partners include SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is not required, but is helpful.
  • Cybersecurity 24-Week Bootcamp

Tuition PlansProgressive Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipApply to check for qualification
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic ability of computer operation. Knowledge of coding is helpful but is not required.
  • Free Introductory Courses - Coding or Cybersecurity

We offer free coding and cybersecurity courses for those who aren't sure if our programs are the right fit. Intro courses are offered Online as well as In-Person. Contact us for information on upcoming dates, or visit elevenfifty.org .
    Minimum Skill LevelAbility to operate a computer.
  • Software Development 12-Week Bootcamp

During our Software Development program, you’ll immerse yourself in the coding experience. From day one, you’ll be getting the hands-on coding experiences you need for a successful coding career. Through this comprehensive coding experience, you’ll master the fundamentals, develop your skills, and learn some of the most in-demand technologies and software. All of this culminates in you being a well-rounded coder with the hard skills needed to start a career and the soft skills to make you a versatile employee.
  • Software Development 24-Week Bootcamp

Agile, Algorithms, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Data Analytics , DevOps, Git, HTML, jQuery, MVC, MySQL, .NET, REST, SQL
  • Web Development 12-Week Bootcamp

Our JavaScript Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

• Web Development 24-Week Bootcamp

SQL, REST, .NET, MVC, HTML, Git, DevOps, Data Visualization, Data Structures, Data Analytics , CSS, C#, ASP.NET, Algorithms, Agile
    LocationIndianapolis, Hybrid (Online & In-person)
    Our JavaScript-focused Course is focused on turning noncoders into well-rounded, versatile coders, or upskilling those who already know other programming languages. From day one, we’ll be working with you to get you prepared for an entry-level coding job. You’ll get hands-on experience and develop the soft skills that you need to land your dream job. Our instructors won’t lecture you from a book or expect you to watch hours of tutorial videos. Instead, they’ll walk you through the fundamentals, help you expand your coding knowledge, and give you the tools you need to become a programming professional.

- 4/5/2017
    Travis Falls • Web Developer • Graduate

I found Eleven Fifty when I was looking to change careers. If you are in the same boat, then Eleven Fifty is a great choice. Though the Java Accelerated Learning Program was difficult and a lot to process in such a small amount of time, it has enabled me to quickly change careers to something that I really enjoy (and get paid better doing it)!

The instructors and staff really care about you and your success. I especially loved how much they focused on teaching us about soft skills as well as the hard, programming skills. When you finish the program, you have the skills and confidence to go out and land a great job. Not only that, but they have stayed in contact and have always been a great resource well beyond the course.

This will not be an easy experience for you, but it will be rewarding if you work hard and stick with it. I went from dreading getting up and going to work to being excited about what I was doing. I'm not sure I could have made that transition so quickly without Eleven Fifty.

Dear reviewer,

So happy to hear about your positive experience with our program. Sounds like you took advantage of the opportunity.

Keep up the feedback (positive and critical)

We're committed to constantly improve the programs and experience.
  • Carolyn Harris • Graduate

I really loved my experience at 1150. Despite being the first java cohort, the curriculum was interesting, relevant and thoughtfully put together, even though there were some kinks in the system as we went, they made sure that they worked them out so we could have a great experience. The instructors are some of the most kind and caring people you could ever meet. They go super far above and beyond to make sure everybody gets the help they need. I took this course to transition to a career in software development, and even though we finished right around the holidays, I had a job within a month making the most money I've made in my life! Can't thank 1150 enough for everything!!

Dear reviewer,

Glad we made the experience worthwhile! Keep the feedback coming. We're always looking to improve.
  • Java ALP
    - 4/4/2017
    Steve Richards • Graduate
    9 week course with apprenticeship
    Thursday, Apr 20 2017
    Not a lot of detail here :-)

Keep up the feedback, always looking to improve.
  • Exceptional program
    - 10/31/2016
    Evan Reller • Graduate

Eleven Fifty Academy (EFA) offers a great immersive nine-week learning program that also included an additional 12 week apprenticeship designed to help get you in the field. The instructors are fantastic and I would count them among the best I've ever had in my life.

The level of support and attention that Eleven Fifty offers is second to none. They are tied to your success reputationally and financially, which means they are actually invested in your employment. Traditional education (college) is great, but they don't care whether or not you get a job in the field. EFA is completely geared to getting you started in a coding job quickly.

The staff from top to bottom is great and I cannot recommend this program enough.

Dear reviewer,

Can't thank you enough for making the investment in yourself and our small part in it.

We are committed to completion with a purpose of self-actualization. (aka A Job)
  • Ehh....
    - 3/2/2016

I was disappointed by my experience.  I would have given 5 stars if the instructor had been better.  I would have even taken more classes.

Con: The instructor was far too inexperienced to be teaching.  He didn’t know how to explain or answer questions.  He expected us to catch on right away without any explanations.  Any wrong answer would result in eye rolling or mocking.  It was clear that they needed someone with more experience teaching.

Pro: The environment and vibe is really fun.  They try to make sure you feel welcomed and try to encourage a sense of community.

Dear Reviewer,

Could you share which course you took? Did you put these comments into your exit survey?

We're always looking to improve the experience and the instruction.

You can reach me directly at jqualls@elevenfifty.org

We've come a long way and we'd love to have you again.

I took the Intro to Coding course during a weekend and I loved it. The instructor was great; I had no coding experience prior to taking this course. Our instructor was helpful and so patient with everyone. The environment was amazing; everyone in the class helped each other as we worked through the problems and all of our needs were taken care of. The staff were friendly and made sure everyone was happy. The course was challenging but great because I was able to be exposed to what coding really is. I hope to take the next course in the near future to continue learning about writing code. I would suggest this course to anyone because anyone can learn how to code!

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to write this note. We believe the student experience is just as important as the technical learning.
  • Shirley F Grigsby • Graduate

Eleven Fifty is an excellent school for those wanting to learn about coding for either recreation or professional needs.  I had zero experience in Coding, but after taking the Intro course, I felt confident to pursue Coding as a potential career.  The facility is amazing, the hospitality of staff is awesome and the instructors are exceptional. The instructor created a climate of openess and that no question was a stupid question.  I would reccommend Eleven Fifty to anyone looking to learn Coding.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words.

We don't just want to teach you coding skills. We want you to be a craftsman that takes full advantage of the opportunity to be a software professional. The experience we deliver and ultimately your sucess is the outcome we seek.

Look forward to seeing you in more classes!
  • Jeff Hooton • Android Apprentice • Graduate

This bootcamp has been extremely helpful in my career change. The instructor was incredibly knowledgeable and patient with the students. The facilities were incredible and all of our needs were taken care of, allowing us to concentrate fully on learning.

Immediately after completing my course I was allowed to apply for an apprenticeship with the consulting firm and promptly received an offer. This has been the best learning experience I have ever had and has definitely prepared me for a career change into the software engineering field.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words. It's clear you took the bull by the horns and made the effort to earn you way into a career.

We're humbled to have been a part of it.

Hope to hear more about your success and love to see you volunteer and keep involved in the ecosystem.
  • Michael McKinley • iOS Develoepr • Graduate

I took the intro to iOS course at Eleven Fifty in January of 2015, with absolutely no computer programming background. I was lucky enough to be offered an apprenticeship a month or so after completing the week long, immersive coding class.  Since starting as a full-time employee for Eleven Fifty in March, my knowledge of development and experience consulting real-world clients has expanded tremendously.  I have now submitted two, going on three, apps the app store.  I have learned so much from my fellow apprentices, and especially our senior developers. This experience has given me the skills I need to ultimately get a job elsewhere doing what I love, which I would have never been able to say prior to enrolling at Eleven Fifty.

Monday, Apr 24 2017
    Wow! We'd love to hear more about the apps you have in the published so we can share with our community.
  • Levi Emanuel VanWinkle

Course: Intro to iOS- Crash course-style learning, good for introducing a person to a lot of information at once in a short period of time. Very knowledged/skilled instructors that teach practice instead of just theory in a field-submersive environment, where the student is always in the code doing it themselves. Instructors not only teach, but work it in their career and have years (some with decades) of experience in programming and the business of it.

Welcoming environment for beginners like me- never felt out of place. Definitely worth looking into!

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words. We've come a long way since your visit. Hope to see you in new classes soon! (or volunteer in the community to give back!)
  • Levi Emanuel VanWinkle

• Elyse Swoverland • Apprentice Android & iOS Developer • Graduate

I had almost no coding experience when I took the Intro to iOS class at Eleven Fifty. They made programming a fun, easy-to-understand experience. I learned so much through the immersive experience that I was able to start a career in programming with an incredibly solid foundation. I would recommend that anyone interested in coding take a class at Eleven Fifty, you won't regret it.

Thursday, Apr 20 2017
    Wow. Sounds like you got a lot packed in during your visit.

Love to see you again (or hear about you giving back through teaching others)

Eleven Fifty Academy Outcomes

Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 38 graduates included in report:

100% of job obtainers reported salaries.