digitalcrafts-logo

DigitalCrafts

Atlanta, Houston, Tampa

DigitalCrafts

DigitalCrafts offers a 16-week full-time and a 26-week part-time full-stack developer bootcamp in Atlanta, Houston, and Tampa. DigitalCrafts' bootcamps are intensive classroom experiences, transforming beginners into full-stack software developers trained in JavaScript, React, Node.js, Python, and more. Unique to DigitalCrafts is their elective program, where students or alumni have access to a variety of workshops and presentations as an additional perk.

DigitalCrafts’ instructors are all professional engineers with years of real-world development experience. The average class size is small, allowing for an efficient and effective learning environment where students "learn by building." In addition, students receive resume/portfolio guidance and a mock interview lesson. The admissions process consists of an online application, interview, and coding challenge. Financing and scholarships are available, and early enrollment incentives can further lower tuition for students.

Recent DigitalCrafts Reviews: Rating 4.88

all (187) reviews for DigitalCrafts →

Recent DigitalCrafts News

Read all (28) articles about DigitalCrafts →
  • Full Stack Flex (Part-Time)

HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Linux, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum
    December 3, 2019
    Houston, Atlanta
    The 26-Week Full Stack Flex Program is the part-time version of our Full Stack Immersive Program, designed for working professionals, entrepreneurs, and students who prefer longer but more flexible class formats. This remote-enabled class takes place in the evenings and on Saturdays. Much like our Immersive Program, Flex students learn the ins-and-outs of both front-end and back-end web development, graduating with professional portfolios featuring full stack projects built with the technologies employers are seeking today. Our curriculum features Javascript, React, Node.js & the NERP stack, some of the most cutting-edge technologies around. These technologies are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    $1,000 (eligible for financing)
    Finance with Skills Fund for as low as $192/month
    Payment plans available.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Secure your seat early for additional discounts.
    Women and Veterans automatically receive scholarships to attend our Immersive and Flex Programs. If you do not qualify, we also sponsor The Builder Scholarship awarded to applicants with inspiring stories and goals.
    Beginner or Intermediate
    Pre-requisite work will be provided.
    December 3, 2019 - Atlanta
  • Full Stack Immersive (Full-Time)

HTML, Git, Python, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End
    November 6, 2019
    Houston, Atlanta
    This 16-week intensive program is for beginners and CS graduates alike. Students will learn the ins and outs of front-end and back-end web development, as the class moves through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL databases, Node.js, React.js, Python, and more. Javascript, Node.js & the NERP stack encompass some of the most cutting-edge technologies today and are being used at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Netflix, Walmart, and PayPal. Python is an in-demand and versatile programming language widely used in both software development (Instagram, for example) & the ever-growing field of data analytics. Our curriculum is proven and our graduates have been hired at great companies like Home Depot, New York Times, Car & Driver, LiveAction, Soltech, Market America, Kredible, Piksel, Greater Sum, Narwhal Digital, RiskAlyze, Army of Bees, BridalLive, Liaison Technologies, and more.
    $1,000 (eligible for financing)
    Finance with Skills Fund for as low as $293/month
    Students may pay up-front or enroll in an income-share agreement. Payment plans are also available.
    Refund / Guarantee
    Secure your seat early for additional discounts.
    Beginner or Intermediate
    Pre-requisite work will be provided.
    November 6, 2019 - Atlanta
    January 13, 2020 - Atlanta
    November 6, 2019 - Houston
    January 13, 2020 - Houston
  • Training (Corporate)

Houston, Atlanta
    DigitalCrafts designs, builds, and executes custom enterprise training for select clients across the globe. These custom programs are built from scratch based on our client's needs which can vary across software engineering, mobile development, automated testing, and DevOps. These courses are not open to the general public and are only reserved for full-time employees of our clients.

• Hayes Capers  User Photo
    Hayes Capers • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

DigitalCrafts is an amazing experience. It takes a lot to drop your career and devote 4 months to a coding bootcamp. It's expensive and risky, but if you think web development is your future, DigitalCrafts is the place for you. The staff is amazing, the environment is comfortable, and the students are all willing to work hard.

Jake and Max have done an excellent job providing an effective program that really cares about the students. Day or night they are always willing to help, and if they can't help they will find someone who can. Rob, my instructor, is exteremly intelligent and wonderfully witty. He is not the bog standard anti-social computer nerd. He loves to teach while connecting with his students. He walks the line between humor and instruction gracefuly, explaining complex ideas with effective, comedic analogies.

Atlanta Tech Village where the Atlanta classes take place, is an awesome locations to say the least. It is very modern, leaving you with a feeling that you might just be working at google. If you are having a bad day, there are pingpong tables, videogames, and free beer in the community center. The building isn't only dedicated to DigitalCrafts. It is littered with tech startups of every variety, so you are constantly surrounded by people who have real working experience. Not only does this present you with unlimited networking opportunities, but it's also a great way to learn from real professionals.

The students at DigitalCrafts come in all shapes and sizes. Some people in my class were in their early twenties others were in their thirties. Some had masters degrees, some had PhDs, and others had no degree at all, but everyone was intelligent and willing to work really hard towards the same goal. Our backgrounds didn't matter, we were all staring from the bottom. Everyone had strengths and weaknesses which is a huge help. If you have trouble someone else can help, if someone else has trouble you can help. I found that helping others was very a great way to reinforce the things we were learning in class ehich made helping others a benificial activity.

One of the biggest benefits of DigitalCrafts is their connections in the Atlanta area. From Chick-fil-a to Home Depot, they have good relationships with plenty of companies and will get you interviews. They provide career support during and after the program, constantly posting jobs they find and openings at companies who come to them looking far suitable applicants.

DigtalCrafts was the adventure of a lifetime. One I wish I could do all over again.

• Tanweer  User Photo
    Tanweer • Software Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Did I need to go to a coding bootcamp to learn software development?

No. There is more than enough information available through free resources such as freeCodeCamp, edX, Coursera, and Udemy to transition successfully into a software development career.

Would I still make the decision to attend DigitalCrafts if I had to all over again?

Yes. Yes. Yes! What made my DigitalCrafts experience worthwhile wasn't their curriculum (don't get me wrong, that was great too) but rather the mentorship from a Senior Developer whose sole role was to transform me into a competent software developer. I value the confidence I gained at DigitalCrafts tenfolds more than the knowledge I gained here. I was intimidated when applying because of how foreign development felt to me. But little by little, that intimidation transformed into a newfound passion for developing and building applications that can make a substantive impact on people's lives and businesses.

If you know you want to attend a bootcamp, but aren't sure which one to attend, I strongly recommend DigitalCrafts. Especially if you're in Houston. Every member I've talked to on their staff seems to really care a lot about the students' success. And they're all very approachable!

My primary concern when deciding to apply was whether a program as new as DigitalCrafts would be able to provide me with a network strong enough to benefit me. It has and I think it will for you too. Their alumni network and their career network is growing by the cohort... so what I had will only be better for you.

Some tips if you apply:

Do the prework! You don't have to do all of it, but I recommend at least going through fundamental concepts of programming through a class like CS50x or MIT 6.00.1x on edx.org (both of these classes are free and DC will even reimburse you for their verified certificate).

And have some experience with Python, JavaScript, HTML, and CSS coming in so you spend your time in class to learn and excel instead of just catching up. They will provide you recommendations to learn the basics in these topics but I recommend freeCodeCamp.com for JS, HTML, and CSS, and automatetheboringstuff.com for Python. Both of these resources are free will be more than adequate to prepare you for class.

While you're in class, feel free to explore and go into depth of topics that you're interested in! I started learning Machine Learning and Cyber Security while I was in class. I recommend TeachYourselfCS.com to dive deeper into the theory behind the languages you will learn in class.

And lastly, remember to have fun! Sometimes stepping away and taking a break was all I needed to figure out how to solve the problems I was having with my code.

I hope to see y'all on the Slack channel soon!

• Ning   User Photo
    Ning • Student Verified via GitHub

I would highly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone who is interested in enrolling in a coding bootcamp. The staff is very supportive, especially my instructor Toby. I had no coding experience prior to the course and struggled a lot throughout the course, but Toby went above and beyond to help me out. Toby cares about each student. He created challenges for students who were ahead of the class, but also created exercises for students who were behind in class and out of class. His support and encouragement gave me the confidence to keep on pursuing a career in web development. DigitalCrafts hires instructors who are not only skilled but are also determined to help you succeed.

Although DigitalCrafts is fairly small compared to the other bootcamps they have an expanding network and a great administration. They provide you with career support and have someone who gives you feedback for your resume, portfolio, github, and LinkedIn profile.

It’s a fast-paced and challenging course especially for beginners, but if you’re willing to put in the work it will be rewarding!

• Andreea  User Photo
    Andreea • Front End Developer Verified via GitHub

I recently graduated from Digital Crafts and it has been one of the best educational experiences I have ever had. The first thing that won me over was the level of importance they put on the pre-work to prep you for the course. The instructors are highly qualified, and took the time to work with students if they were falling behind or ahead of the class. The curriculum is designed to teach you the most marketable technology skill set. The course is very fast paced, and I did have to put in lots of time outside of the classroom to learn and finish projects.

When I first started researching bootcamps I wasn't sure if this was the best route to go, and I was very nervous about landing a job after completing a coding bootcamp. I ended up receiving an offer right before graduation and another one the week after graduation. We were provided with very good documentation to help you succeed in finding a job. They even have a person on staff who will provide you with thorough feedback on your resume, portfolio, github, and LinkedIn profile.

I definitely wouldn't have been able to gain the confidence and knowledge to become a web developer in such a short amount of time without Digtical Crafts.

• Steven Rodriguez  User Photo
    Steven Rodriguez • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The first time I had ever attempted to code was for the entrance quiz to DigitalCrafts. In the 8 months since then, I have developed the skills, confidence and eagerness to pursue a career in web development. This could not have been done without the amazing support of the instructors and campus counselors at DigitalCrafts.

One person in particular, my course instructor Toby, was extremely patient with me during the many moments that I doubted myself throughout the 16-week process. He is committed to helping his students at any stage in their learning process, both in and out of the classroom. From what I understand, DigitalCrafts hires instructors who are not only extremely knowledgebale of the topics covered in the curriculum, but also very patient and driven to help students learn in what might be the most challenging endeavor of their lives.

In addition, my campus counselors played an integral part in keeping me sane and assured during this process. They were very helpful to each student in the area of job assistance. I never had to wait long to hear feedback on items such as my resume, portfolio, and job-hunting inquiries. They reached out to potential employers and developed relationships with companies that have gone on to hire many gradutates from DigitalCrafts. The professionalism of Max, Jake, Natalie, and Katy, just to name a few, is second to none.

I would highly recommend other beginners take the plunge and enroll in DigitalCrafts. I promise you won't find a better support network than the great people at this bootcamp.

• Debra  User Photo
    Debra • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Everything about how DigitalCrafts operates makes this one of the best educational experiences out there. From the quality top-notch instruction, career support, curriculum, and location made it a life-changing experience. I got a job offer the day before graduating, and a few other students received offers during the class as well. It is intense, especially during the last couple weeks. It is easy to fall behind in the material because the class moves so quickly. I really recommend anyone considering this to be absolutely sure and absolutely dedicated because it is not a walk in the park. Students that put in more effort and were willing to spend outside class hours coding, no doubt got more out of it than students who did not.

Instruction: I was fortunate enough to be a part of Toby's last cohort. It was clear from Day 1 that he is truly passionate about coding and teaching. He had no problem breaking things down for us, helping us dissect the material, until we finally got it. When he felt that some students were ahead of the material, he created special bonus exercises to challenge them. When he felt some students were falling behind, he created exercises to help drill down the material. Our class had a huge disparity of skill level. Some people were true beginners and some came from very advanced technical backgrounds. Toby made sure to address it the best way he could and I really appreciated that.

Career support: DigitalCrafts helps students with everything in the job search process, from portfolios, resumes, mock interviews, sending out job postings, interview tips, whiteboarding, networking, etc. The staff is extremely dedicated in helping find you a job. They have a small, but growing network of employers who have had positive experiences with hiring DigitalCrafts graduates. My only wish is for their network to be bigger, but considering this bootcamp is still fairly new, it is understandable. They have guest speakers and recruiters come in for networking opportunities but I felt like the pacing was just not right. They should have come during weeks 12-16 when students were starting to get serious about the job search, definitely not during the first half of the course when we felt nowhere near ready for a job.

Curriculum: They are constantly changing their curriculum to match what's in demand so you really can't go wrong with what you learn. The curriculum is specifically optimized to help students be more marketable as software engineers.

Location: The Atlanta Tech Village made being an unemployed student much easier. There is plenty of free snacks, spaces to study, places to relax/sleep, and free weekly lunches. It is really the perfect environment for a coding bootcamp.

• Best school in ATL
    - 5/30/2017
    James Marion  User Photo
    James Marion • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I took a big risk leaving my job to go to a bootcamp, but I have to say that Digital crafts was the right choice. I came in with some college experience but others who have no experience ended up with a better looking portfolio than my friends who graduated from Georgia State and Georgia Tech.  I feel confident that I can get a good career in web development at this point and proudly wear my DigitalCrats tshirt!

• Sarah Basinger  User Photo
    Sarah Basinger • Apprentice Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had a great experience at DigitalCrafts. I came in with a background in email marketing, which is where I was exposed to some front end development and decided I wanted to shift my career to the technical side. I chose DC over the other schools for several reasons: the length of the program, the curriculum (front end, back end, plus database), fair price, good reviews, and good vibes after interviewing. This course is very fast-paced, challenging, and time-consuming. You are pushed to your limits. Although class was M-F 9-5, I was in early, stayed late, and sometimes went in on the weekends to keep up. Despite this, I had a blast. Rob was a fantastic teacher — very engaging and enthusiastic, not to mention a wealth of knowledge. I landed a few interviews and ended up accepting an offer for a Software Engineer Apprenticeship at Home Depot, just a few weeks after completing class.

• Mason Mahaffey  User Photo
    Mason Mahaffey • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Hands down this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I was taught by an over-qualified, flat out excellent instructor who took every one of my classmates to the level they needed to be -- no matter his/her background. My instructor was hands-off with those those that wanted to be more independent and more hands-on with those who didn't and especially those who wanted the extra guidance. I chose this course over the others not only because the people seemed awesome(which they were), but for two other major reasons as well.

1) Of all of the code schools out there, DigitalCrafts is one of the longest, if not THE longest; you get more bang for your buck, and I can't stress this enough, you NEED the extra time. If anything, at the end of it all, you will feel like 16 weeks isn't long enough. So, yeah, go with DigitalCrafts.

2) It's located in Atlanta Tech Village, which is an incredibly cool building with a trendy atmosphere and multitude of tech companies. This allows you to network with other people all throughout the week and some students end up getting hired by companies right there in the building.

To conclude, before we even graduated, we had two of our 15 classmates get hired by well paying and awesome tech companies right here in Atlanta with one of the two classmates having more than one job offer. If you want to get hired, DigitalCrafts will do everything they can to help put you in touch with the companies you want to get in touch with.  Even after we've graduated, we've continued to get tons of help from Jake one of the co-founders. He posts jobs into a job board all the time and is always looking to help us get hired. These guys really felt like a family and I doubt you could get such an excellent experience anywhere else.

• Jesslyn Landgren  User Photo
    Jesslyn Landgren • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I entered the program at DigitalCrafts after relocating and leaving a job in a mostly steady industry, so I was looking for a pretty serious experience that would be a good investment for my risk.  When researching coding bootcamps in Atlanta, for me the deciding factors were the personalized attention and communication I got from the staff and the price.  I was applying from out of Georgia at the time and I was able to chat with Jake and Max (founders) right from the website.  I sent numerous emails with questions and got complete replies right away every time.  This was not the case with other programs I talked with.  To me this showed that DC was invested in their students and distinguishing themselves from other programs by taking a local approach.  I heard this echoed by most of my fellow students later.

I was impressed by the syllabus and planned curriculum.  I went into the bootcamp having a solid foundation in Python, but really no other coding experience.  I was impressed by the rigor of the course and how often the curriculumn is updated and really really honed.  Toby was my instructor, and I was super impressed by his passion for teaching and mentoring junior developers.  It was clear from day 1 that his main goal was to instill independent learning skills in each of us.  He was always ready with an extra assignment or challenge if you finished early and they always focused on building your critical thinking skills.  Having spent a lot of time in the formal education world, he definitely ranks in the top 5 of educators that I've seen in terms of his devotion to his students and their learning outcomes.  He learned from our experiences every day and constantly made adjustments to his approach, which was great to experience as a student.

The one area where I feel like the DC program has room to improve is their formal job search prep activities.  In my opinion when I signed up, this was a significant portion of was I was investing in.  I feel like there was a lot of effort made on the part of the staff to connect students with Atlanta companies and sell employers but I did feel that it lagged behind the intensity of the technical program.  I found myself slightly off sync in terms of when I needed career advice and mock interviews vs when they were held.

I spent weeks 12-16 of the program on the job market.  I went after full-time work with benefits and full salary due to my personal situation, and was extremely happy to recieve such an offer the day of graduation.  I had approximately 6 interviews, at different levels of formality throughout the job hunt.  Most of the employers I talked to seemed to be suprised/impressed by the longer and full-stack curriculum and I felt that the projects I was encouraged to undertake in the program went a long way in furthering my application.

In the end, I was very happy with my DC experience and my resulting employment.  One of the best things about the experience was the comraderie among my cohort and how that was fostered by Toby and the DC staff.  I felt personally supported by the program and was happy and suprised to see the staff celebrating sincerely with us as each of us are finding employment.  Definitely felt like it was worth the investment.

• Michael Irby - React Developer  User Photo
    Michael Irby - React Developer • React Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

1. Teacher - Without a doubt it ultimately boils down to how willing and able you are to learn. This requires that your teacher leading you through a whirlwind of knowledge and training know his/her stuff very well. Also, not just know the material, but be able to teach it to class in a way that will allow newbies to understand it and absorb it. DigitalCrafts has sought out great teachers for their program and I absolutely loved learning from the teacher I had.

2. Staff - The staff at DigitalCrafts does a great job to help equip students for the job market. They are very knowledgeable in this area and make it very clear what they expect from the students to help best prepare them for their dev role after the class. Their network of companies and knowledge of the job market are extremely valuable assets that you will gain access to upon being a DigitalCrafts student. This is exactly how I landed my first dev role.

3. Curriculum - The curriculum is current and needed by the job market. All of the skills we learned during my class were very relevent. It was very cool to go from a complete newbie learning a bunch of new skills, to then looking at the job market and saying "Oh awesome we are already learning this in class."

I would highly encourage any of my friends to attend DigitalCrafts if they are interested in learning web development. It takes a significant amount of work and perseverance but will definitely pay off.

• John Coppola  User Photo
    John Coppola • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I came to DigitalCrafts because I felt that I needed a serious, dedicated boost to push me through a learning plateau that self-study and even a five-month front-end internship couldn't help me overcome. I did a lot of research and chose DigitalCrafts because of the good value, extra month (most other bootcamps last 12 weeks, not 16), focus on full-stack JavaScript (not Rails), and the fact that it was based in Atlanta where I knew nobody and would have no distractions.

It turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The concept of these bootcamps seem almost too good to be true. People from underpaid/low-paying fields enroll in a program that lasts a few months and then go land with a job that pays double or triple when they were earning before. It's easy to get wrapped up in the payoff, but what often gets overlooked is how much hard work and grinding is truly necessary to get to that level. DigitalCrafts offers a program that facilitates the best possible path to this new career. There's nothing "magical" about it -- it's up to you to put in the effort -- but everything is set up so that if you do your part, you'll come out on the other side with the chops, abilities, and mindset of a web developer.

The most prominent aspect that sets DigitalCrafts apart from the pack (and I've felt this way since I first reached out to them in July of 2016) is the authenticity of the program. It's an organization run by people who sincerely want their students to succeed. Period. While I was there, I always felt at home and at ease with everyone on staff. The administrative staff was constantly checking in with us and also hosting events, bringing in people from the industry, and overall doing everything they could to offer us the best possible learning experience. The instructors are phenomenal and are incredibly dedicated to their students. It was clear that they were there because they loved teaching and I learned so much, even having come in with a decent amount of prior experience.

The most critical thing I learned at DigitalCrafts was how to think. The key to success in this field is being a good problem solver, and this program really taught me how to approach real-world challenges and produce viable solutions. Prior to DigitalCrafts, I had always concerned myself with the tools and the final result without much consideration for the process, but this program changed my perspective and I am now far more confident in taking on unknown bugs, challenges, and new technologies than I ever was before. It made me a much more flexible and adaptable developer, which are two traits that worthwhile employers really want in their candidates.

I strongly recommend DigitalCrafts to anyone who has had enough exposure to the field to be absolutely sure that they want to pursue it as a career. I'm extremely happy with my decision and consider it to be one of the best investments I've ever made.

• Cody Taylor  User Photo
    Cody Taylor • Software Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

Going to DigitalCrafts was the best decision I've made in regards to career choices.  I came from an I.T. background and quit my job as a Desktop Admin at a major Houston based hospital to attend, and I was terrified.  I spent hours reading reviews, talking with different bootcamps in Houston and Austin, and talked with my wife about where to go and what to do.  I spoke with graduates from the program before making my decision, and every single one of them had a job in the field, and every single one of them said it was the best decision they made.

Damian, the instructor in Houston, is an amazing teacher.  Every day class was lively, packed full of learning, and tons of laughs.  Damian graduated from a top 5 computer science program, and has been working in the field for over a decade.  The amount of knowledge that he has, and his ability to pass it along to the students is remarkable.  I can’t speak highly enough of him!

I decided on DigitalCrafts because they teach full-stack development, they're placement rate was outstanding, and the reviews were very good.  It was very reassuring how forthcoming Jason, Max, and Jake were in my initial conversations with them.  They are all very honest about how difficult the program is going to be, but how much it can pay off, and it paid off for me!  I got a job offer as a Software Developer at a fast-growing Houston company only 9 weeks into the course.  The salary that was offered to me was a 50% increase to what I was making before DigitalCrafts, and the earning potential as a software developer is exponentially higher.  No matter how you chalk it up, it was a good investment.

If you're considering going to a coding bootcamp, I can't recommend enough DigitalCrafts.  Setup a meeting with Jason, and learn about the program. Talk to graduates of the program, read reviews, do your homework.  For me, the more I dug, the more confident I became that DigitalCrafts was by far the best coding bootcamp in Houston.

-Cody

• Karissa Martin  User Photo
    Karissa Martin • BI Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am 8+ weeks into my 16 week course at the Houston campus' 1st Cohort. I can't stress enough the amazing value of the DigitalCrafts bootcamp! I already received and accepted an amazing offer from a fantastic company right after the completion of my first capstone project, which was a 2 person full stack project using Python, Flask, MySQL, and Bootstrap. I can honestly say that I have learned more in 8 weeks than I expected to learn in 16 and I feel well prepared to tackle whatever challenges come next. If you are reading this then chances are you are trying to identify the BEST coding bootcamp for you. CourseReport is one of the reasons I decided DigitalCrafts was the one for me and that was hands down the best decision I could have made. I have seen several projects from students of other Houston programs and the depth and breadth of their learning as evidenced by their final projects is not nearly as impressive as our first projects.

Damian, our instructor, is AMAZING! He has decades of experience in the local area and has successfully launched private software as well. He is new to teaching, but you wouldn't know it! You will get stuck and frustrated from time to time and he sometimes let's you sweat it out, but it's for a good cause. He doesn't baby you but he does drive you to push through your frustration and find the answer on the other side. 2 out of 10 of us have already received offers and we are only halfway through the course- what more can I say?

Last thing: Go for it! If you do, the pre-work is extremely important and the people who neglected it have definitely had a harder time so DO IT ALL, but don't be afraid to enroll- its definitely doable. Good Luck!

• Jacob Russell • Software Engineer • Graduate

Rob Bunch did an excellent job teaching the AWS Certified Cloud Practicioner course. Somehow, he kept up his joyful spirit the entire time. I would highly recommend any course taught by him or DigitalCrafts!

• Roz • Student

As an educator (former Teacher and Middle School Assistant Principal) I was looking for a way to make a greater impact in the lives of students on a larger scale. I sought to acquire a set of skills that would allow me to be creative, engaging, and relevant in the edTech environment. I researched and visited programs in the Houston area, and Digital Crafts was the best fit for me. The Immersive Program has great instructors and curriculum that aligned with my career goals. In a matter of weeks, I went from knowing little about coding to executing full FrontEnd development. Everything I learned in the program accompanies me in my entrepreneurial endeavors to build educational platforms. This was a great experience for me and was well worth the investment.

• Tom Edgeworth • Graduate

I greatly enjoyed my time at DigitalCrafts. It was a fantastic experience from start to finish.

If you are looking for a bootcamp in Atlanta I seriously couldn't recommend it more. In 16 weeks I actually feel that I have learned so much and I'm ready to start my career as a full stack web developer.

My only demerit goes toward the Job Assistance category- they're not going to find you a job explicitly but they do give you all of the tools to get a job.

• Reagan Davenport • Graduate

I had tried to go back to college to pick up programming skills, they were more interested in selling me a degree that I didn't need. I called a friend asked him if it was worth it to get a degree. He not only said it wasn't worth it, but he ever went back to college, he would get a degree in business. I dropped all my classes like hot potatoes. DigitalCrafts was the best decision I ever made.

• Fantastic
    - 6/4/2019
    Chris Childers • Student

My time at DigitalCrafts was amazing. They tools something that should of been impossible to learn in 16 and put it within my grasp.

• Drew Tolliver • Engineer • Graduate

I'm lucky enough to have been able to both graduate from DigitalCrafts' full-stack immersive bootcamp and attend a corporate training session conducted by Rob (who also was my bootcamp instructor). The corporate training was for AWS certification prep, and this morning I passed the certification test. The instruction was 2 full days, which sounds like a lot until you realize how much meterial there is to cover. Rob struck a good balance between covering all the material while keeping it interesting enough to not get oversaturated with too much information all at once. He was super prepared to present the material and answered questions using his own experience, real-world examples, and official documentation. He engaged the class by having us tell about our experiences, which provided context to the material and proved helpful for the exam. He also brought along 2 teaching assistants who were able to quietly and efficiently handle questions and technical issues without disturbing the class. While Rob was his usual entertaining self, he also took the material seriously, which was important for us to be able to take it seriously. Overall I would highly recommend corporate training from DigitalCrafts as their instructors are top-notch and the whole experience was as enjoyable as corporate training could possibly be.

• Oscar • Graduate

In the past I attended a part-time course by MakerSquare in Austin and was only able to retain the HTML/CSS portion of the class. I was left very discouraged.

I have two friends that have gone through DigitalCrafts and decided to join because of them. I am very glad I did.

If you're looking to attend a coding bootcamp in the Houston Area, DigitalCrafts with Veronica is the course you should enroll in. Veronica's teaching style and patience surpassed all expectations. She is very thorough with her examples and will make sure you are not lost at any point during her lectures. If at any point you are feeling discouraged just remember that it is part of the learning experience. There were many days throughout the course where I spent a day or two on a piece of a project and just felt it was impossible to get it to function. These are the days you will learn the most even though it doesn't feel like it at the time. With the help of Veronica and our great TA Katy, I was able to complete the course and retain the knowledge learned throughout the 16 weeks.

• C • Graduate

The immersive bootcamp experience is intense, but so worthwhile. At DigitalCrafts, not only was the instructor and support while in class amazing, but they give you career support after graduation for as long as you need it. There was a wide range of student ability within the class, but the curriculum and projects are flexible enough to accomodate that range and everyone is encouraged, no matter their level. My class was very diverse but we became an extended family over the 16 weeks.

- 2/21/2019
    Jack C • Graduate

I am a recent graduate of DigitalCrafts Full-Stack Immersive program in Houston. This course was a great experience fo me. My background is in hospitality and the medical field, so coming in to the program, I knew nothing about programming. The course was 4 months long, and by the end I was comfortably creating full-stack web applications with in demand technology. The instructor, Azam, is very knowledgeable, and was able to help me with any problems I had along the way, while teaching me how to get past these problems on my own. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone looking to make a career change or become a confidant developer.

• Learn, Learn
    - 2/13/2019
    Juan • Graduate

Before you consider going to a boot camp do yourself a favor and try to learn by yourself for at least 3 to 4 months, you will fail but it will test you commitment to coding. The majority of people that do really well had been trying to learn how to code online for awhile.  Think of coding as Vocational Education, but the time you graduated you will become a "welder apprentice" that’s the key realizing that you need to continue to learn, learn and learn.

Read coder to developer by Mike Gunderloy, read joelonsoftware.com or any old software developer out there that teach how to think software!  Learning syntax is not all there is to it, that's probably 40%, the key is how do learn to use your short term memory so you can juggle many things at once and connect them.

DigitalCrafts is great, you’ll learn the basics  and make good friends, the founders are always there and take their time to be at every demo.

Thanks to Jason, Chardonnay , Azam, Stephen and James! :)

• Full-Time Student
    - 1/17/2019
    Alex R. • Software Developer • Student

DigitalCrafts is absolutely amazing. We mostly focus on the MERN stack here (with Postgresql as our main database over MongoDB), but we're really taught how to learn as a developer, instead of just learning a specific stack. Many people did their full-stack projects in different stacks (I did mine in Python/Django) because we knew the overall structure of how frontend and backend works.

The career services is amazing. They identify what you're interested in, and they help find opportunities for you. I got a phone interview from a company that I hadn't previously looked at because the career services team sent my resume to them based on my interests. So they're very invested in your professional success.

Also it's right in the Atlanta Tech Village, which is full of startup companies. Some people in my cohort were offered jobs with people right here in the building, so the location is a huge plus.

10/10 would recommend for anyone SERIOUS about diving into software development. (If you're only trying this to make more money, there isn't any bootcamp that will help you. It's about your drive too).

DigitalCrafts has an acceptance rate of 43%, of which 71% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at DigitalCrafts, 72% graduate. 57% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $60,000.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Outcomes data includes only students who enrolled in the full-time Immersive program. See our audited Student Outcomes report, which differs slightly from Course Report's approach to organizing outcomes, for detailed reporting.

Note also that we count apprenticeships, internships and contract roles as a single pool. We do not have data regarding freelance employment.