devmountain-logo

Devmountain

Atlanta, Dallas, Lehi, Online, Phoenix, Provo, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City

Devmountain

Devmountain is a technology school that offers full-time and part-time programs at campuses in Lehi, Dallas, and Phoenix. The immersive courses include iOS Development, Software QA, User Experience Design, and Web Development. The Web track covers front-end and back-end JavaScript (HTML/CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, Node.js, Express, data sources like SQL, Mongo, Firebase). The iOS track covers mobile development in Swift. The UI/UX course covers prototyping, visual/motion design, sketch, adobe suite, UX research, wireframing, and analytical tools. Devmountain instructors are all coding industry professionals and aim to bring real-world applications into the classroom. The immersive courses require 40 to 60 hours of pre-course work, 40 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The part-time programs require 30 to 40 hours of pre-course work, 11 hours of class per week, and 10 to 20 hours of work outside of the classroom. The school was started in 2013 in Provo, Utah.

The first step to applying for Devmountain bootcamp is to check out the courses and start dates. Once the student has picked a course, they must submit an online application. Next, students speak with a member of the admissions team by phone to further discuss the program. After the phone call, students must complete a challenge to test their knowledge of the course subject matter. Finally, the admissions team will notify students if they qualify for acceptance. Devmountain recommends that students have some exposure to coding before applying.

Recent Devmountain Reviews: Rating 4.6

all (282) reviews for Devmountain →

Recent Devmountain News

Read all (33) articles about Devmountain →
  • iOS Development Immersive

Xcode, Objective-C, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, iOS, Swift
    LocationLehi
    Want to build iOS (iPhone/iPad) apps? There is no better place to learn. You'll start building apps on Day 1 of the class, and by the end you'll have at least one app in the App Store (possibly even making you money). Classes are rigorous, and previous programming experience is definitely preferred, but if you're up to the challenge, you can become a great iOS developer with a start in this course.
    Minimum Skill LevelProgramming experience preferred, beginners welcome
    Prep WorkOnce accepted, students must complete pre-course work before first day of class.
  • Software QA Testing Immersive

AngularJS, Git, Quality Assurance Testing
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    Our 6-week immersive software QA bootcamp will prepare you with the skills needed to become a competitive candidate for junior-level software QA engineer positions. Instruction consists of instructor lectures, guest lecturers, guided projects, individual projects, group projects, and real projects with corporate clients. Students will work collaboratively with the lead instructor and mentors throughout the course. Through experience in specific technologies and frameworks that are popular today, students can achieve a flexible outlook that is comfortable and eager to tackle new technologies in a fast-moving and ever-changing industry.
    Devmountain has partnerships with SkillsFund and Climb Credit
  • UI/UX Design After Hours

Design, User Experience Design
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into UX without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • UX Design Immersive

Design, Product Management, User Experience Design
    In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week
    LocationLehi
    If you're a designer, product person, developer, or simply interested in taking a dive into UX (user experience), this class is for you. Our "Immersive" full-time UI/UX course makes the most of class time because we focus on less theory and more hands-on practice. You're probably already doing some UX whether you know it or not and this course will help you give structure to your innate thoughts through industry know how and structured design processes. The design course at DevMountain is multi-faceted, covering all aspects of the design process from start to finish. While covering both mobile and web design principles students will practice creative discovery, ideation, critical thinking, research collection, wireframing / prototyping, basic front-end coding and more design best practices. The class will teach students to understand and meet modern web and mobile design standards in the product creation process, from first pondering user centered design and design thinking principles to testing their products on multiple devices and measuring the effectiveness of their designs. Students will also learn design principles such as grid systems, typography, color theory, branding and systems-based design, design history and research methods. By the end of the 13-week course, the new designers will graduate with a well-rounded portfolio of work that shows everything they have learned and can achieve in the workplace. This class is great for those who are interested in UX, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset. The course will prepare students to step into a variety of design roles: web designer, mobile designer, UX designer, UI designer, front-end designer, freelance designer, and more.
    Prep WorkYes.
  • Web Development After Hours

AngularJS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS
    LocationLehi
    Our "After Hours" course is a great way to dive into code without having to quit your job or school. It's still extremely intense, but allows for a more flexible format. Classes are held nights and weekends. This class is great for those who are interested in coding, need some skills to better their employment options, or simply learn a new skillset.
  • Web Development Immersive

MySQL, AngularJS, HTML, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationLehi, Dallas, Phoenix
    The full-time class is the best immersive coding experience you can find. It's a world-class coding education. It's also a grind--8 or 10 or 12 hour days of instruction, 1:1 mentoring, and work. You'll live, eat, sleep, and breathe code for 12 weeks. And when you're done, you'll be a different person. This class is great for those who are serious about learning to code. If you want to code as a career, this is the place to do it. There's no better place in the country for this price to get nearly two years worth of world-class education.
  • Traci Crawford • Graduate
    My time at DevMountain was one of the best experiences of my life. The entire staff in Dallas went to great lengths to make sure I had all the support I needed. The instructors and mentors would take the time to make sure I understood the material, when needed. Our Campus Manager made sure I was comfortable in my apartment, as well as on campus. Our Outcomes Staff worked with me on my resume and profiles, as well as coordinating many events on campus to help with interview skills and provide opportunities to speak directly with tech recruiters.
  • No regrets.
    - 4/13/2020
    Jarom • Software QA • Graduate
    Devmountain not only provides a superb curriculum, but also amazing accommodations, a homey and welcoming atmosphere, and staff that legitimately care about the success of each student. Knowing what I know now, I will never consider going to college or university while Devmountain is an option. No regrets whatsoever.
  • Johnny Price • Quality Assurance Analyst • Graduate
    Hugely educational, great hands-on learning experience. The pros were being in an environment of learning and support. Everyone was learning the same thing and willing to help out. It had a great energy. The instructors were friendly and knowledgeable.  The cons are that I was not 100% prepared to enter the job market. Many employers cited lack of experience when turning down my application. I would have liked to have another project or two during my time at DevMountain.
  • Helen Brennan • Software QA Consultant • Graduate
    I would highly recommend completing any of the programs at Devmountain. I graduated from the QA course in September 2019 and, due to the contacts I'd made during my program, I was hired immediately as a full time QA consultant.
    The skills learned are enough to give you a solid foundation to start your QA career and the post grad services they provide (job fairs, assistance with resumes, etc) are invaluable!
  • Steve • Application Developer at Allstate
    Graduated about a year ago from the Phoenix Campus. Currently working as an Application Developer for Allstate in Chicago.

PROS
    - Great instructor / mentors
    - Campus and student-housing are literally a stone throw away from each other
    - Light Rail within walking distance, pretty easy to go to Tempe / Downtown Phoenix
    - The apartment complex for student housing is really nice

CONS
    - The only food options within walking distance are Ruby Tuesdays and Circle K
    - Utah gets a lot more job fair events than Phoenix, although I believe they are working on that
  • Beth Dunford • In Transition • Graduate
    I attended the web development immersive course at DevMountain at the Dallas, TX campus. The staff were all incredible. The campus was great. The lectures and projects were very helpful. The skills check tests weren't the best and I feel made a lot of us feel unnecessarily really badly about ourselves, myself included. I haven't landed a job just yet, but I feel positive I'll successfully be able to do that with the help of the Outcomes department.
  • IOS Bootcamp
    - 2/14/2020
    Tyson Ericksen • Graduate
    The DevMountain IOS bootcamp was a challenging experience.  For the financial cost and time spent, I don't feel that this was right path for me.  There are better layouts, curriculum, and instruction elsewhere for far cheaper and a better use of your time.  The saving grace of this program are the mentors/instructors.  They are a good group that can really help work through any issues in understanding of the curriculum.  One of the main reasons I chose this experience was for the job assistance; which is basically non existent.  Nice people but their setup is designed around those whom have never held a job.
  • Sara Evans • Graphic Designer • Graduate

This was such an intense program, but it was great! I feel like their teaching style of just throwing you into what you'll be doing is one of the best ways of learning. At times I felt like I had no clue what I was trying to do, but the mentors are good at giving just enough feedback to get you on your feet.

I do wish that they had given us more instruction on how to write case studies. After finishing I feel quite overwhelmed with figuring out how to write good case studies that will help in my job hunting experience. I know it's not their responsibility to build our portfolios and get us jobs, but I would have happily stayed one week longer in class to spend that time building my case studies with the help of the instructors. At least then I would know what the heck hiring managers are looking for.

But in all honesty, that is my only complaint of this program. The mentors are great, the environment is fantastic, and I am so glad I chose DevMountain to get my UX Design knowledge.

• Ian • iOS Engineer • Graduate

At the end of 2018, I had begun my search for the perfect Bootcamp for me.  I looked through various other Bootcamps and none of them had really piqued my interest until I found DevMountain.  Once the applications opened up for their end of July start date I applied.  The application process was super simple and I was contacted in a reasonable time.  Prior to my entry into the camp, the administration of DevMountain was super helpful.  they provided me a number that I could text/call with any questions or concerns, and the staff was super friendly and professional with every step of the process.

A few months prior to the start of the program some pre course work was given.  These activities were challenging and at times difficult.  However, I was not alone.  When I reached this point in the process I was given an invite to join my cohorts slack channel which gave me access to iOS mentors who worked at DevMountain. Any questions I had I could send to them as well as a code snippet of what I was working on.

Housing in DevMountain is provided free of charge, which was a game-changer for me as it allowed me to focus on the program and not where I was going to sleep that night.  The housing is split between two different locations.  The one I stayed at was a very clean and very nice space.

The program itself is unlike anything I had ever experienced.  For the first 6 weeks, I felt like I was drinking from a firehose.  Every morning we would work together as a class and build guided projects that would help us understand different topics.  During the Afternoon we would be paired up with another classmate and asked to work on a project together.  This is silently genius because it required me to not only learn from someone else but to also learn to communicate my ideas effectively.  and then after 5 pm we were given our homework, which primarily consisted of videos that would prepare us for the next day.

After your break week, you begin the last 6 weeks of the program, which is very different than the first but still in a good way.  It's at this point that you are now ready to build your own personal and group apps.  every day you will be working on your app's and I can say that while the first 6 weeks of the program were awesome this is where the real experience comes in.  This project your making is your own and these problems and questions your going to have are unique to your program and how you built your app.  This sounds terrifying but is absolutely brilliant because at this point you now have the skills and the understanding to know what to search for, and what to avoid, and if you get stuck or can't figure it out the mentors are always a few desks away ready to help you learn.

In conclusion, I can say that DevMountain was an excellent experience and worth my time and investment, and that i would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

• Amir Aghayi • Student

This was the worst education experience I have ever had. Inexperienced instructor who thought I would learn to code by listening to 4 hour lectures. Mentors who would play games in class instead of helping or who were so inexperienced they had to google your questions for 1 hour to find an answer.

I basically spent 11000 dollars to watch youtube videos and teach myself how to code

Response From: Emily of Devmountain
    Title: Director of Marketing
    Thursday, Oct 17 2019
    Amir, we’re truly sorry your experience wasn’t what you wanted. We’re normally known for our helpful and dedicated mentors, and students generally like our teaching style. Unfortunately, it happens every once in awhile that a single case doesn’t match the expectations of a student, as in this case, and we have given you a partial refund. We strive to provide an exceptional learning experience, and hope this helps make you feel a little better.

• Jessica • Art Director • Student

I'm working through my Bootcamp now, and find the collaboration to be the most valuable thing thus far. I especially enjoy the Mentors from the field & the candidness of career wages. Yes, the Bootcamp was expensive, but I find the value is well worth it.

• Paul Peterson • Graduate

I really appreciated all the preparatory help DevMountain provided. During six weeks of self-learning before the program started, I got to chat with a mentor about my progress and any topics I was having trouble with.

During the actual program, I liked how the mentors were there if we ever needed help with the random bugs and errors we would encounter, but they never stepped on my toes. The curriculum was awesome, and I felt like we were learning the most current top tech skills.

The first few weeks of the course were a good review and knowledge-solidifier. As time went on, we got to focus more and more on learning by doing and putting together personal and group projects. The staff was very knowledgable, the facilities were great, and I have never had so much fun during a school program! If we needed a quick break, the fooseball table was right around the corner. Not to mention the video game systems (thank you Super Smash Bros!).

As we got closer to graduation, the employment specialists gave excellent assistance and feedback on our resumes, portfolios, and LinkedIn profiles.

I felt like my time at DevMountain really helped me learn how to learn, and how to pick up new technologies that I may not have as much experience in. I'm excited to see where things go from here!