datacamp-logo

DataCamp

DataCamp

DataCamp is an online learning platform that helps students build data skills at their own pace. DataCamp courses include non-coding essentials like BI tools to data science and machine learning. DataCamp delivers hands-on learning experiences, including data skill assessments to track progress and provide personalized recommendations, interactive courses led by experts, practice challenges, and real-world projects. Datacamp offers 350+ courses in over 10 different technologies, including Python, R, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle SQL, Scala, Excel, spreadsheets. Datacamp provides flexible online training for every role and skill level.

Recent DataCamp Reviews: Rating 4.03

Translate data using R.
  • Data Scientist

Python
    OnlinePart Time94 Hours/week
    Students will use statistical and machine learning techniques with R programming to analyze and interpret complex data.
  • Python Programmer

Python, Cryptography
    OnlinePart Time36 Hours/week
    Use Python skills to wrangle data and build tools for data analysis.
  • Taras Kaduk • Student

This is my second year on DataCamp, and I am loving it. The content is great, the videos are informational enough. As for the tasks, they depend on the course you're taking. Some are more helpful than the others.

But overall, a great platform to learn R (or Python, I assume)

I also happen to do SQL assignments from edX course via DataCamp. So I guess the platform is capable of growing outside of R/Python boundaries.

• Duc Pham • Graduate

Instructions are clear and the step-by-step exercises did a great job of easing beginners into learning.

The server can be unstable sometimes which will disconnect the session or automatically log you out when you turn off your computer so a good practice is to submit your work before going on to do other things.

• Rajat Anand

I have been taking DataCamp online courses for R for last 4 months and all the courses are very well strucutred. Every chapter starts from very basics and gradually covers all the topics in-depth. Time flexibility is the biggest advantage of this online platform.

• Ernâni de Britto Murtinho • Data Analyst • Graduate

Hello there! I have used DataCamp about 1 year and I extremely recomend that for who needs to gain a knowledge in Data Science area. It's a great platform and I can improve my pratical skills at Data Science area and get a real vision of the application at businesses.

• Daniel • Graduate

DataCamp is a really nice tool to learn. It's iterative and the way they plan the course feels (to me) like a very smooth progression. The courses are not in depth in details, but they do present the tools and possibilities very well, and make you go through and use of it in different scenarios.
    I've done a few courses related to R and I keep coming back for more as they are always adding new interesting courses.
    Recently they added some career tracks for R and Python for Developers, Data Scientist and Data Analyst and Quantitative Analyst.
    I recommed this tool to anyone that wants to start using R or Python in the data analysis/science world.

• Strongly recommend
    - 5/10/2017
    Pedro Bras Martins da Costa • PhD candidate • Graduate

I really recommend Data Camp for most of my collegues, because of its pioneering work in teaching data science online in a feasible way. Maybe the greatest about it is the fact courses are completely flexible so that you can handle with your learning schedule the way you want it. In busy weeks I slow my pace at Data Camp without loosing much. It is also very interesting that you doesen't need to have R or R Studio installed in your computer to do the courses exercises. This allows you to keep studying in every platform you have in hand: may it be your cell phone, notebook or a college PC. In a summary, I'm very satisfected with Data Camp and I will continue to support the project even when I finish all the courses I had in mind at the first moment, because there are always new and more specific courses available. I have to congratulate Data Camp developers for their commitment with us (users). If it was a privilege of few students in the past to learn data science, thanks to Data Camp it is becoming easier today to spread learning about state-of-the-art tools and techniques for scientific research.

• Christos Chalitsios • Graduate

Courses about R are very well structured. I believe is the fastest way to learn how to use R to perform data science. Great courses for all levels from beginners to advanced. Totally recommended

• Mr.
    - 5/8/2017
    Tewodros Endalew • PhD student-Research Associate • Student

Awesome programs and services.

• Great platform
    - 5/6/2017
    Ilija • Co-founder • Student

Great platform for beginner and intermediate srudents. Highly recommend to everyone to try!

• Wonderful!
    - 5/6/2017
    Trustworthy Bootcamper • Research Coordinator • Graduate

I find DataCamp's lessons quite useful and easy to learn. The courses are challenging and get you thinking about the possibilities that can be done with Python and R. I have taken one R course and 5 Python courses so far. I will definitely be pursuing more as time allows.

I was able to use Python at my work almost immediately and have been able to manipulate data with codes that I learned from DataCamp. I highly recommend DataCamp to beginners like me. The steps of learning Python and R are quite logical and have a nice progression of knowledge and skill building.

• Great learning
    - 5/5/2017
    Temilade Adefioye • Graduate

Datacamp is a very great online school. I love that it's very practical and hands on. It makes learning data analysis fun for someone like me who wants to have a career in data science but has never done any form of data analytics before.

• Peter Gleeson • Student

I've used DataCamp for a couple months now learning python. If you wish to learn data science, this is the way to go. The tracks make it easy for you to know what to learn and their interactive coding gives great