craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Pretoria, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy offers two, 12-week bootcamps based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden: Full Stack Web Developer and Cybint Cybersecurity. Full Stack Web Developer students will complete a part-time 4-week preparatory course before beginning the bootcamp. Cybint Cybersecurity students will complete a 1-week preparatory course. The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is delivered in a blended on-campus and online format. Every Friday, all bootcamp students will receive a weekend challenge to complete before the next week of class.

The Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp curriculum covers Agile software development methodologies and modern frameworks, including HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React, Semantic-ui, React Router, and React Native. Full Stack Web Developer students will learn about APIs, external libraries, websockets, Heroku, and techniques such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Students will build several projects to add to their portfolios, including a complex final project utilizing all the skills students will learn during the bootcamp’s duration. Students will create a portfolio and receive career services, such as CV review, job interview coaching, and several lectures about technical work and the marketplace.

The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is designed to prepare students with little to no background in IT for entry level Cybersecurity jobs. This bootcamp was developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning. Cybint Cybersecurity students will learn the basics of network traffic, hardware components of topology, network and routing protocols, and hands-on operation of a computer network and equipment. Cybersecurity students will also learn network mapping and os fingerprinting. telecommunication concepts and range. system and network admin concepts, management principles and controls, hands-on creation and use of virtual machines and bootable USB OS. Cybersecurity students will learn threats, attacks and tactics, security strategies, cyber defense, forensics, and ethical hacking. The bootcamp ends with students working on a hands-on scenario. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will receive assistance with technical and soft skill job interview preparation.

Craft Academy cohorts begin every 8 weeks, and applications are continuously reviewed. The decision-making process takes about two weeks and includes an interview.  Craft Academy gives all online bootcamp students a Nomads Pack, which includes everything students need to set up their home office, including a computer, a second screen, webcam, headset, cables, and school swag.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (74) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, Product Management, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
    I'm surprised about the high ratings for this course. I paid $10,000 to work with very little help or guidance. I would suggest if you are interested in this course to save money and check out an udemy course first. You can find many with the same curriculum that craft academy offers and also have a community connected with them so you aren't alone while completing the online course.
    It's nice how wide the curriculum is. You do learn about other areas in a developers career but it's not enough to justify taking the course in my opinion.
    They say the have a money back guarantee but it is near impossible to qualify for it, so be weary.
    The instructors seemed to have favorite students and didn't want to help the struggling students which is the opposite of how a class should run.
    Now I'm out a ton of money and it feels like I paid to just get yelled out and be confused and lost for 12 weeks.
    There is also no help in finding a job. The "help" they give is a meeting on job interviews and the questions you may be asked in said interviews.
    I'm bummed I had such a bad experience with this course but I feel they gave up on me halfway through.It
     made me never want to code ever again and I don't think I will ever try to get back into coding.
  • Petra • Graduate

After 16 years in the same industry I decided that it was time to do something else. I fell for Craft Academy since it was hands on programming from day one. I enjoyed the setup with pair programming because it gives you a good practice to work with different people, share ideas and help each other out. Even though I was informed before I started that it was going to be hard I could not imagine how hard it turned out to be. At the end things started to fall into place and I realized how much you can actually learn during 12 weeks and you see the results.

I am glad I joined otherwise I wouldn’t have had the chance to meet this great group of people and coaches.