craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy offers two, 12-week bootcamps based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden: Full Stack Web Developer and Cybint Cybersecurity. Full Stack Web Developer students will complete a part-time 4-week preparatory course before beginning the bootcamp. Cybint Cybersecurity students will complete a 1-week preparatory course. The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is delivered in a blended on-campus and online format. Every Friday, all bootcamp students will receive a weekend challenge to complete before the next week of class.

The Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp curriculum covers Agile software development methodologies and modern frameworks, including HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React, Semantic-ui, React Router, and React Native. Full Stack Web Developer students will learn about APIs, external libraries, websockets, Heroku, and techniques such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Students will build several projects to add to their portfolios, including a complex final project utilizing all the skills students will learn during the bootcamp’s duration. Students will create a portfolio and receive career services, such as CV review, job interview coaching, and several lectures about technical work and the marketplace.

The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is designed to prepare students with little to no background in IT for entry level Cybersecurity jobs. This bootcamp was developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning. Cybint Cybersecurity students will learn the basics of network traffic, hardware components of topology, network and routing protocols, and hands-on operation of a computer network and equipment. Cybersecurity students will also learn network mapping and os fingerprinting. telecommunication concepts and range. system and network admin concepts, management principles and controls, hands-on creation and use of virtual machines and bootable USB OS. Cybersecurity students will learn threats, attacks and tactics, security strategies, cyber defense, forensics, and ethical hacking. The bootcamp ends with students working on a hands-on scenario. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will receive assistance with technical and soft skill job interview preparation.

Craft Academy cohorts begin every 8 weeks, and applications are continuously reviewed. The decision-making process takes about two weeks and includes an interview.  Craft Academy gives all online bootcamp students a Nomads Pack, which includes everything students need to set up their home office, including a computer, a second screen, webcam, headset, cables, and school swag.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.82

all (76) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, Product Management, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Amber • Graduate

Craft Academy's twelve-week program was arguably the most stressful and challenging three months of my entire life. The coding was great fun and it's always exciting and rewarding to grow a skillset. My major challenges were with the "soft skills" taught in the course - collaboration, working with remote colleagues / teachers, implementing planning tools and techniques. But the fact of the matter is no one can build anything of worth sitting alone in their basement with their laptop. I'm very grateful to the coaches at Craft Academy for forcing us to learn to work like "real world" developers - the kind who have to work in teams and who have to pair program and who are required to submit their code for review.

My background is pretty diverse - from entrepreneurship to non-profit management to the arts - but coding had always been something I'd thought about doing. I had spent a few years trying to teach myself to code in Java / Android, without a great deal of success. I know for myself that three months of 100% dedication and someone to hold me accountable is worth years of self-study and the best online, free resources in the world. Not everyone feels this way and if you are great at self-study and have the wherewithal to find communities to connect with online, that would surely be a cheaper option. For me, the investment is well worth the reward.

The first six weeks of the camp are about building basic skillsets - working with Ruby, Javascript, HTML/CSS and the Sinatra and Rails frameworks. The second half of the course is all about building projects - one after the other, increasing in complexity. I very much enjoyed this approach, though I felt there was a bit too much hand-holding during most of the first half. Some people appreciated that. I often found myself working on side projects during these weeks (and highly recommend that anyone doing a bootcamp do so with whatever free time you can scrape together).

In the last half of the camp, we built some applications that impressed the crap out of our friends: a simple social network, an online marketplace for placing food orders, an interactive "pub quiz" app that pushes out questions in real time to players, and receives their answers back. I'm really proud of what we built during those last six weeks.

I also want to note that some of my colleagues struggled quite a bit with the materials. The goal of the bootcamp is to struggle - to be pushed up to and perhaps beyond your limits, and certainly out of your comfort zone. Still, many of my colleagues didn't take the prep course seriously and they suffered throughout the bootcamp because of this, and because of an attitude that prevented them from acknowledging their faults and working to fix them. If you decide to take this or any bootcamp, it is very important to bring *humility* to the table. Acknowledge how little you know, and work as hard as you can to change that. Try to be a sponge soaking up knowledge. If a coach does something that puzzles you, ask her why she's doing it! If you just follow the instructions, you'll never get there. And if you fail to follow the instructions, you'll never develop good habits.

So all of that said, I did, in fact, love this bootcamp. I felt the coaches were actually invested in my education - really wanted me to succeed - and were fighting for me the whole way. I feel like a developer and can make all kinds of things - much more complex than I would have thought going in. While job hunting, it seemed there were *lots* of opportunities for me and having attended a handful of networking events, I can say without question that there is a strong demand for junior developers here in Sweden, and likely throughout the world.

I know it's a hard decision to spend the money, but if you thrive in this kind of environment, Craft Academy is a great place to become a web developer.

Full disclosure: Since graduating, I have begun work at Craft Academy. I tried to be as honest as possible and write a review that would actually help people decide whether or not this bootcamp is right for them.

• Lucia De Mojà • Junior Web Developer

I have been a CraftAcademy student from June to September 2016, followed their PrepCourse from April and enjoyed every minute of it.

It is a very intense course that takes all your time, energy and attention, but it is well worth all of it.

I came in as a Molecular Biologist and after only 12 weeks I could scaffold and deploy my own web applications, search for solutions indipendently and succesfully but I have also learned how to work in group, pair and ask for help in effective ways.

After the bootcamp I have dedicated my time to following some open source projects while searching for a job, and after only 2 months I got 2 job offers as QA Engineer (test automation) and Front End Developer (using mainly JavaScript), but I am sure I could have managed to find a position as a Full Stack or Back End Developer if I only were interested.

The possibility to actually become an interesting candidate for these kinds of jobs was my biggest concern when I began the bootcamp, but even if there are no job guarantees, the knowledge acquired during those weeks is enough to be conidered valuable assets in the IT world and I am a living proof of it.

During the course I've worked with people coming from very different bakgrounds and some of them proved to be able to outsmart me in many ways, others were slower than me, others were just simply naturals at coding, but that never put me down. It gave me more motivation to keep going because I knew the bootcamp was a place for everybody, the only thing that is required is your absolute commitment and a full load of passion for what you re doing.

You are never left alone, the teachers and your classmates are always online and available for you, to get you unblocked on your challenges and give support, but you can choose the level of indipendency you want to get. No one pushes help on you if you don't want it but you are constantly followed by the teachers and your progresses are shown in a well furnished GitHub account you will have at the end of the course.

I have searched for a good job in Gothenburg for a couple of years without ever being satisfied, now I can finally start something I really love in a rich, full of stimuli and always changing environment.

I would do it over and over again.

I'm surprised about the high ratings for this course. I paid $10,000 to work with very little help or guidance. I would suggest if you are interested in this course to save money and check out an udemy course first. You can find many with the same curriculum that craft academy offers and also have a community connected with them so you aren't alone while completing the online course.
    It's nice how wide the curriculum is. You do learn about other areas in a developers career but it's not enough to justify taking the course in my opinion.
    They say the have a money back guarantee but it is near impossible to qualify for it, so be weary.
    The instructors seemed to have favorite students and didn't want to help the struggling students which is the opposite of how a class should run.
    Now I'm out a ton of money and it feels like I paid to just get yelled out and be confused and lost for 12 weeks.
    There is also no help in finding a job. The "help" they give is a meeting on job interviews and the questions you may be asked in said interviews.
    I'm bummed I had such a bad experience with this course but I feel they gave up on me halfway through.It
     made me never want to code ever again and I don't think I will ever try to get back into coding.
  • Petra • Graduate

After 16 years in the same industry I decided that it was time to do something else. I fell for Craft Academy since it was hands on programming from day one. I enjoyed the setup with pair programming because it gives you a good practice to work with different people, share ideas and help each other out. Even though I was informed before I started that it was going to be hard I could not imagine how hard it turned out to be. At the end things started to fall into place and I realized how much you can actually learn during 12 weeks and you see the results.

I am glad I joined otherwise I wouldn’t have had the chance to meet this great group of people and coaches.