craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy offers two, 12-week bootcamps based in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden: Full Stack Web Developer and Cybint Cybersecurity. Full Stack Web Developer students will complete a part-time 4-week preparatory course before beginning the bootcamp. Cybint Cybersecurity students will complete a 1-week preparatory course. The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is delivered in a blended on-campus and online format. Every Friday, all bootcamp students will receive a weekend challenge to complete before the next week of class.

The Full Stack Web Developer bootcamp curriculum covers Agile software development methodologies and modern frameworks, including HTML5, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, React, Semantic-ui, React Router, and React Native. Full Stack Web Developer students will learn about APIs, external libraries, websockets, Heroku, and techniques such as continuous integration and continuous deployment. Students will build several projects to add to their portfolios, including a complex final project utilizing all the skills students will learn during the bootcamp’s duration. Students will create a portfolio and receive career services, such as CV review, job interview coaching, and several lectures about technical work and the marketplace.

The Cybint Cybersecurity bootcamp is designed to prepare students with little to no background in IT for entry level Cybersecurity jobs. This bootcamp was developed around military training methodologies and hands-on learning. Cybint Cybersecurity students will learn the basics of network traffic, hardware components of topology, network and routing protocols, and hands-on operation of a computer network and equipment. Cybersecurity students will also learn network mapping and os fingerprinting. telecommunication concepts and range. system and network admin concepts, management principles and controls, hands-on creation and use of virtual machines and bootable USB OS. Cybersecurity students will learn threats, attacks and tactics, security strategies, cyber defense, forensics, and ethical hacking. The bootcamp ends with students working on a hands-on scenario. Cybersecurity bootcamp students will receive assistance with technical and soft skill job interview preparation.

Craft Academy cohorts begin every 8 weeks, and applications are continuously reviewed. The decision-making process takes about two weeks and includes an interview.  Craft Academy gives all online bootcamp students a Nomads Pack, which includes everything students need to set up their home office, including a computer, a second screen, webcam, headset, cables, and school swag.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (80) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, Product Management, Rails, Ruby, Sinatra, React.js
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Excellent Course
    - 10/15/2017
    Faraz Naeem  User Photo
    Faraz Naeem • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This is an excellent Bootcamp.

I went from an accountant to a web developer in 12 weeks with absolutely no coding experience since before.

The course started with a 1-month long prep-course going through basics as HTML, CSS,  Ruby, and Javascript which laid the foundation for the rest of the Bootcamp.

The Bootcamp focuses heavily on Ruby on Rails and the coaches are relentless that one should follow good coding practices, pair programming, and TDD.

Although many of our projects were only made specifically for the course our final project was made for a real external client and is used to simplify their business.

You shouldn't enter this program with the expectation that you'll have free time a day over the run of the course. The course is tough and mentally demanding. The material is challenging, but there's a friendship that forms in the cohort as you're struggling along with others to achieve the same goal. There is a colossal time investment, and it is punishing if you fall behind.

I recommend this course very highly.

• Benjamin Comley  User Photo
    Benjamin Comley • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp is a great first, second and third step in to the world of coding.

Trying to learn to code on your own is a daunting task. What should I learn? Where should I start? Why doesn't this work? What if what I'm learning is redundant?

At Craft Academy the coaches are genuinely invested in your future, as long as you are. You will get back multiples of what of what you put in. But do not go in to this thinking it's going to be easy, this WILL be your life for 12 weeks.

There are no nice GUI's here, there is no Dreamweaver. This is real, this is Notepad (well, not Notepad, check your Windows at the door and get a real OS).

The prep course is CRITICAL. I have seen a few people not take it seriously, and by the end of the first week of the bootcamp you can see the fear and regret on their faces. Do not float through it either, learn it, understand it, this is how you will get the most out of the bootcamp.

It took a while to get used to the discomfort of trusting in what I was doing without fully understanding how it was working but believing that it would eventually become clear as other pieces fell in to place (which it did), but when I did it was like a weight off my shoulders and my progess increased dramatically. I felt this was another key, PLOUGH ON, don't worry about the understanding all of the intermediacies of where you are, they become clear eventually through continuous immersion, not through static concerntration.

The other piece of advice I would offer is "Always be coding". I would be in the office for 8-10 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, then I would get home and work on my own projects using my new skills for a couple more hours most evenings. By the time the final project came around, I had learnt some things outside of the camp that I was able to integrate in to it to solve complex issues quickly. Always be coding.

Oh, and do not be afraid of failure, failure isn't failing, it's just giving you a direction of what to do next.

The coaching staff are A+, Thomas, Raoul, Andy, Rodrigo, they are always, always there to help. Often I could pose a question on a weekend or a rediculous time of the night, and I would always get an answer back as soon as someone was online. After the conclusion of the bootcamp, you are a part of the family, you can continue to ask for help whenever you need, and you too can start to offer help to those just starting on their path.

This was and continues to be a great experience. I would fully and absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a coding bootcamp in Sweden or South Africa.

• Max Mollerstrom  User Photo
    Max Mollerstrom • CEO & Junior-Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I tried to learn how to program by myself at first from different online tutorials, but I often found that what I was trying to learn was unstructured, complicated, and it was awfully hard to get the grasp of it.

Coming from a business background with a variety of different start-ups, some successful / some not; these 12 weeks has been the biggest challenge of my life so far.
    No other education have ever given me so many 'ahaa!' experiences as Craft Academy,
    note that I've been to (at the time) one of the most prestigious business schools in northern Europe. But all those years spent studying business, I found Craft Academy being the most challenging, but also the most giving education I've ever received.

I've always been amazed about programming and its potential straight from a business perspective.
    What tools can I make use of to build something great and make a bunch of money?

I've the ideas, I've got a good nose for business-potential, but what next?
    Craft Academy gave me not only the tools to build, and what to look for within software development, but also a very good way of structure your own thoughts in order to achieve what you want. A good strategy often makes your life much easier -especially in coding!
    It's always easier if you have a plan, and writing it down might be one thing, but putting it into action it's a whole other story. The boot camp provided me with the know-how to continue being an entrepreneur while at the same time being a valuable asset on the job-market.
    My plan for now after graduating is to work as a junior-developer while at my spare-time, turn my ideas into realization.

During the boot camp you will learn:

• Sort-out what's valueable to know in a structured way
      (everything is up to date with the latest, so you don't have to worry about learning anything old and outdated)
    • Test Driven Development (Sinatra, Jasmine, Rspec & Cucumber during my year)
    • Ruby
    • Javascript / Angular
    • HTML
    • CSS
    • Ionic framework
    • Rails framework
    • Build real-life Apps for Android and IOS with backend API
    • Pivotaltracker
    • SCRUM 'developer technique'
    • GitHub

By teaching you the latest, sorting out what's valuable and not, and what is being searched for by companies within the development-sphere, most graduates will become confident junior-developers after only 12 weeks, landing a job without spending 5 years and $87.000 at a U.S University. After the Boot camp you will be amazed of the knowledge you have learned and you will be more than eager to put it into practice!

Make no mistake, this is a very challenging education, but if you just have the right attitude you will definitely make it!
    Those 12 weeks has been amazing and frustrating at the same time. There are times where you'd want to smash your head into the wall because you're not getting it, but with an excellent curriculum, supporting teachers and students you will get it and success if you just put down your soul and mind into it.

You also learn how to collaborate as a team, there are many different ways of achieving your goal in programing, CA delivers an excillent BMP (Best Management Practice) off how to do so.

At the end of the course you will be building your very own app together with your team, my team made it almost without any help from the coaches! Our team functioned very well together, so I bet you will be making very good friends as well!

• Osegbemoh Dania  User Photo
    Osegbemoh Dania • Graduate Verified via GitHub

That decision to quit my white collar IT job to attend a coding bootcamp at Craft Academy is by far one of the best decisions in my entire life.

Having spent 8months just learning the theoritical part of development, it was really difficult to delve into the actual practice, writing my own code or working on a project. I couldn't achieve this and it just felt like "Forever", trying to learn to build something from scratch myself and not just relying on already built "off the shelf" applications.

Trust me, It wasn't an easy journey, It was tough, challenging, and at some point I "hit the wall", due to the workload, expectations and amount of stuffs we had to learn but thanks to the coaches who helped me pick up again. Craft Academy drilled us really hard with high expectations from every students. I guess thats why it's called a "Bootcamp". I even think it should be changed to "Craft Academy Coding Military Bootcamp". IT IS THE REAL DEAL!

The experience at Craft Academy was life changing for me, learning web & mobile development using test driven and behavioural approach. The anthem at Craft Academy is "Agile Software Development, TDD & BDD". Well structured path of learning. Great course content material. From day one of resuming the camp, you start coding right away. You have no choice, you just have to code, code, code, code daily.

At some point in the camp, we were asked to build a personal portfoilio site for ourselves and I was amazed at what I was able to do in week 3 of the camp. I felt so proud of what I built. Several other projects, real life projects/apps were thrown at us to develop and I feel so confident to take on any challenge out there.

I feel really confident to pick up other programming languages and work on any project in Ruby on rails or javascript.

Great team of coaches and I personally had a fantastic team in my co-hort, we had great pair programming sessions where we learnt alot from each other. Watch out for the next big startup coming out of our final project from Craft Academy.

The coaches were always there to answer your questions, review your codes and lead you the right way. "Someone is just always there to help you".

This was a fantastic experience, feel EXTREMELY HAPPY with the skills I acquired at Craft Academy.

My strong advice to peope out there considering attending a bootcamp, make that leap! it's a risk worth your time and sacrifice.  Don't hold back, start coding, write one or two lines of code yourself even if its crap, the bootcamp will teach you the right way of doing it. Get into a bootcamp to lead your path in a more organized and structured way to learn coding.

Using the words of one of our coaches, I say to you all, LIVE LONG & PROSPER!!

• Bootcamp review
    - 5/25/2017
    Johan Schantz  User Photo
    Johan Schantz • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp was the hardest experience in my 20 years life but I'm really happy that I kept fighting with the coding because at the end of the course I realized that I have learned so many things. Before this bootcamp I was like "what is development?", "what is coding?" and with that in my mind, I think this bootcamp is the perfect way to get into the IT business because today I can build fantastic Rails applications and I can build phone applications with Ionic, I can style other applications with HTML and CSS and I can create so many things that I didn't know about.

But the knowledge is not the only important thing here, I had the honor to work with an exellente cohort and I'm really thankful for that. We also had really awesome coaches who helped us with everything all the time and that's been really good for our team.

• Coding as a craft
    - 5/24/2017
    Fabian Lundgren  User Photo
    Fabian Lundgren • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp is perfect if you want to get into the IT business. I decided that it was the right way to go for myself and I decided to apply to the CraftAcademy course. It has been tough, there have been late nights of coding, sometimes you feel like you're on the edge of insanity but in the end it is all worth it for sure.

I had the pleasure of working with a great cohort and excellent teachers. CraftAcademy offers a great education if you're willing to put in the time and the effort that it requires.

• Great experience!
    - 5/23/2017
    Felix Ottander  User Photo
    Felix Ottander • Business owner • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This course is one of the best things I´ve done in a long time. It is really intense and you really have to devote yourself to the course. They teach you the best practices when it comes to programming these days. The coaches are really devoted to the craft of coding and I noticed that the first day to the last and that´s extremely important when it comes to teaching. I haven´t been much for school before but this is an entirely different way of learning that I like a lot.
    The last project of the course was a group project where the whole cohort produced an app and web-based service that was really good and we did it in only two weeks, which is cool and impressive both from the cohort and the coaches. No matter who you are I would definately recommend you to do this course.

• Jennifer Contreras Coloma  User Photo
    Jennifer Contreras Coloma • Student Verified via GitHub

The bootcamp is really challenging...after sleepless nights of doing multi-tasking from my part-time work and studying at Craft Academy, I can say that it is all worth it. You will feel the fulfillment and self worth everytime you make your program running.

It  is nice to know different programming languages, tools and frameworks every week that makes coding easier and fun. I can say that the prep course for one month is importatn to familiarize ruby, javascript, html and css that is the foundation for you to cope up with the main cohort.

Learning Ruby on Rails is really interesting, this is new to me and I found it super friendly to web developers. I was happy to discover that there are a lot of gems you can use to support your application. Furthermore, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development are very interesting topics, I have experienced software testing before but only thru the use of some paper form where you can write your test script. At first, I found it as a burden since I am used to just make a program and run it and that's it. But later I realized the importance of using TDD and BDD. I have learned a lot of things but for me the best thing I have learned is the technique on how to solve a programming problem. During pair programming with the coach I have learned the best practices on how to find resources in the internet to solve any blockers.

Aside from the topics I learned from the course, I also appreciate the coaches and the design of the bootcamp. I was amazed how they can bring out the programming skills of the participants from different backgrounds in just 12 weeks. I appreciate the support and guidance of the coaches, they are always there to help you if you are stucked with your code, you just have to approach them and they are always willing to give a helping hand.

During the bootcamp, you are also free to express your thoughts about your own experience. The coffee chat and retrospective is a good opportunity to agree on things and how to solve some issues. This part of agile mindset is useful to achieve the main objective of the bootcamp and everybody will be happy during the course.

This is indeed an awesome experience, working and collaborating in a group of people with exactly different beliefs and culture is pretty interesting. Being the only woman in the cohort is quite difficult but as long as you are determined to learn and achieve your goals, you will find a way to cope up with it. So, I am encouraging all the women out there not to be afraid of coding and for those people who wants to make difference in their life, accept the challenge and join Craft Academy to bring out the programming skills in you:)

• Philip Zudemberg  User Photo
    Philip Zudemberg • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp has been one of the toughest experiences of my life, and I am so happy that I enrolled. I've learned so many things. Not only how to code, but also where my strenghts and weaknesses lie.

During the camp you will learn to work with Ruby, Javascript and HTML. With frameworks such as Rails, AngularJS and ionic. And you will also combine them to make webapps which are also restful apis, and connect them to mobile applications.

Our cohort got the opportunity to to build a mobile app for a real client as our final project. This was a really valuable experience, since we had to work very closely with a non-technical partner. And I could not see a better way to end the bootcamp with an experience like that. We ended up completing the MVP app with almost no help from the coaches.

It is very important that you put as many projects aside as you can to fully imerse yourself in coding. And if you put in enough energy and time, you will be able to confidently build awesome web and mobile applications after 12 weeks.

The week after my graduation I started my first job as Junior Developer at a startup called ItsMyStyl. I am confident that these 12 weeks has given me the knowledge I need in order to develop my skills further and learn new programming languages and frameworks. I am grateful that I got the chance to participate in this bootcamp. It has changed my life in many ways.

• Susanna Larsdotter  User Photo
    Susanna Larsdotter • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is a ‘bootcamp’ in every sense. It is intense. You are really immersed for 12 weeks. You have to be focused and determined. Do not expect to have a social life outside of your cohort. Do not expect to spend much time on other hobbies. Do not think you will have time over - specifically don't think it’s a perfect time to get a puppy (unless the whole family can support when you are bashing away at the computer). I did get a puppy, I don't regret it because the puppy is turning out to be an awesome dog -- but I would not do it again at the same time as the bootcamp.

This is not a course you can pass by cutting and pasting your way through assignments. This is a course where you will and have to really learn how to get things done, and get them done the right way - follow the best practices taught by the coaches. You’ll be creating real apps that do real things. You’ll do it with test-driven development and learn why Agile is important.

I was not a complete noob - I joined Craft Academy with some familiarity in development. I work with customer support and with social media, and have done websites from scratch as well as used a various amount of CMS systems. Also I was pretty good at front-end design (not test driven, though).

At work I liaise with developers who has created some of the systems we use at work (translate what the company wants to developer-language and vice versa). I wanted to learn how to do more than just frontend. I wanted to understand why our developers' estimates for implementing some things seemed to be unreasonably many hours. Now, after the bootcamp, I get it. I also now understand how you could make changes rather quickly while still keeping your standards high and best practices intact.

Now I really know why test-driven development (TDD) is so important, and I can also explain it to other people. I also understand how Agile can keep you on track, and can help make sure the quality of what you develop is high. I went from being able to basically read some types of code, to being able to make changes to existing code, to being able to write my own code from scratch (TDD).

The Craft Academy bootcamp is, like mentioned above, tough and intense. But it’s with a purpose: they are focused on making sure you know how to do things well and do things right. They cover a lot of ground so that you have a lot of knowledge and tools. And they’re focused on getting you up to the level where you really can get a job (including having some real projects to show when you interview). If I missed anything in regards to content it was the 'devops' parts. But the bootcamp is aimed at getting you a job so you can work as a hired developer, where others take care of the devops.

I’m now (thanks to Craft Academy) working with a small agile team on a live Ruby on Rails project. The team is distributed around the world, for example Ashley in Seattle (west USA) and Patrick in or outside Boston (east USA). I use what I learned in the bootcamp every day doing code-reviews or writing my own code.

To summarize: It's an experience that makes you grow as a person and teaches you coding with good standards and best practies. I am thankful that I went through it and for all the support given, before and after.

• Johan Bons • Entrepreneur • Graduate
    12 weeks of absolute brilliance. Great structured bootcamp, with working in the industry as a clear goal!
    - 11/25/2019
    Yasmine • Graduate

I just finished the fullstack web developer program with Craft Academy,

Before joining the Bootcamp I had no previous experience with coding, I was a sales consultant in a travel operator and before that working with property management in London.

I was tired of working for limited companies and not having enough money to open my own company. I am also a traveller and I was seeking for a carrer where I can work anywhere around the globe. Craft Academy Bootcamp was exactly what I was looking for, the program is completely hands on and coaches are very supportive trying to explain in the most simple way. I am very confident to enter the market as a developer after this 12 weeks bootcamp.