craft-academy-logo

Craft Academy

Gothenburg, Online, Pretoria, Stockholm

Craft Academy

Craft Academy is a 12-week, full-time full stack coding bootcamp in Gothenburg, Sweden. Craft Academy  believes that traditional education teaches people to pass tests, rather than giving them real knowledge so they have created an intense and practical training making students employable in just 12 weeks. The curriculum is developed by professional software engineers and based on real cases and recent practices to ensure students, at every opportunity, the ability to learn and work with relevant topics. Students will learn from experienced coaches, receive a loaned Macbook Pro, learn demand development, agile methodology and modern framework including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rails, Angular, and Ionic.

Recent Craft Academy Reviews: Rating 4.89

all (72) reviews for Craft Academy →

Recent Craft Academy News

• Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Sinatra, jQuery, Rails, Product Management, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby
    Costkr99,500
    LocationOnline, Stockholm, Gothenburg
    Students will learn Agile software development methodologies along with modern frameworks including HTML5, Javascript, Ruby on Rials, React and React Native.
    DepositA 10% deposit is charged at approved registration.
    Refund / GuaranteeWe proudly offer a 5% discount to female bootcamp participants. Our industry needs more female developers and we want to do everything we can to help women succeed on their coding journey.
    Prep WorkDuring the prep course, you'll work from home with our materials. Expect to spend about 15 to 20 hours each week in the month before bootcamp begins.
  • Jennifer Contreras Coloma  User Photo
    Jennifer Contreras Coloma • Student Verified via GitHub

The bootcamp is really challenging...after sleepless nights of doing multi-tasking from my part-time work and studying at Craft Academy, I can say that it is all worth it. You will feel the fulfillment and self worth everytime you make your program running.

It  is nice to know different programming languages, tools and frameworks every week that makes coding easier and fun. I can say that the prep course for one month is importatn to familiarize ruby, javascript, html and css that is the foundation for you to cope up with the main cohort.

Learning Ruby on Rails is really interesting, this is new to me and I found it super friendly to web developers. I was happy to discover that there are a lot of gems you can use to support your application. Furthermore, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development are very interesting topics, I have experienced software testing before but only thru the use of some paper form where you can write your test script. At first, I found it as a burden since I am used to just make a program and run it and that's it. But later I realized the importance of using TDD and BDD. I have learned a lot of things but for me the best thing I have learned is the technique on how to solve a programming problem. During pair programming with the coach I have learned the best practices on how to find resources in the internet to solve any blockers.

Aside from the topics I learned from the course, I also appreciate the coaches and the design of the bootcamp. I was amazed how they can bring out the programming skills of the participants from different backgrounds in just 12 weeks. I appreciate the support and guidance of the coaches, they are always there to help you if you are stucked with your code, you just have to approach them and they are always willing to give a helping hand.

During the bootcamp, you are also free to express your thoughts about your own experience. The coffee chat and retrospective is a good opportunity to agree on things and how to solve some issues. This part of agile mindset is useful to achieve the main objective of the bootcamp and everybody will be happy during the course.

This is indeed an awesome experience, working and collaborating in a group of people with exactly different beliefs and culture is pretty interesting. Being the only woman in the cohort is quite difficult but as long as you are determined to learn and achieve your goals, you will find a way to cope up with it. So, I am encouraging all the women out there not to be afraid of coding and for those people who wants to make difference in their life, accept the challenge and join Craft Academy to bring out the programming skills in you:)

• Philip Zudemberg  User Photo
    Philip Zudemberg • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp has been one of the toughest experiences of my life, and I am so happy that I enrolled. I've learned so many things. Not only how to code, but also where my strenghts and weaknesses lie.

During the camp you will learn to work with Ruby, Javascript and HTML. With frameworks such as Rails, AngularJS and ionic. And you will also combine them to make webapps which are also restful apis, and connect them to mobile applications.

Our cohort got the opportunity to to build a mobile app for a real client as our final project. This was a really valuable experience, since we had to work very closely with a non-technical partner. And I could not see a better way to end the bootcamp with an experience like that. We ended up completing the MVP app with almost no help from the coaches.

It is very important that you put as many projects aside as you can to fully imerse yourself in coding. And if you put in enough energy and time, you will be able to confidently build awesome web and mobile applications after 12 weeks.

The week after my graduation I started my first job as Junior Developer at a startup called ItsMyStyl. I am confident that these 12 weeks has given me the knowledge I need in order to develop my skills further and learn new programming languages and frameworks. I am grateful that I got the chance to participate in this bootcamp. It has changed my life in many ways.

• Susanna Larsdotter  User Photo
    Susanna Larsdotter • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is a ‘bootcamp’ in every sense. It is intense. You are really immersed for 12 weeks. You have to be focused and determined. Do not expect to have a social life outside of your cohort. Do not expect to spend much time on other hobbies. Do not think you will have time over - specifically don't think it’s a perfect time to get a puppy (unless the whole family can support when you are bashing away at the computer). I did get a puppy, I don't regret it because the puppy is turning out to be an awesome dog -- but I would not do it again at the same time as the bootcamp.

This is not a course you can pass by cutting and pasting your way through assignments. This is a course where you will and have to really learn how to get things done, and get them done the right way - follow the best practices taught by the coaches. You’ll be creating real apps that do real things. You’ll do it with test-driven development and learn why Agile is important.

I was not a complete noob - I joined Craft Academy with some familiarity in development. I work with customer support and with social media, and have done websites from scratch as well as used a various amount of CMS systems. Also I was pretty good at front-end design (not test driven, though).

At work I liaise with developers who has created some of the systems we use at work (translate what the company wants to developer-language and vice versa). I wanted to learn how to do more than just frontend. I wanted to understand why our developers' estimates for implementing some things seemed to be unreasonably many hours. Now, after the bootcamp, I get it. I also now understand how you could make changes rather quickly while still keeping your standards high and best practices intact.

Now I really know why test-driven development (TDD) is so important, and I can also explain it to other people. I also understand how Agile can keep you on track, and can help make sure the quality of what you develop is high. I went from being able to basically read some types of code, to being able to make changes to existing code, to being able to write my own code from scratch (TDD).

The Craft Academy bootcamp is, like mentioned above, tough and intense. But it’s with a purpose: they are focused on making sure you know how to do things well and do things right. They cover a lot of ground so that you have a lot of knowledge and tools. And they’re focused on getting you up to the level where you really can get a job (including having some real projects to show when you interview). If I missed anything in regards to content it was the 'devops' parts. But the bootcamp is aimed at getting you a job so you can work as a hired developer, where others take care of the devops.

I’m now (thanks to Craft Academy) working with a small agile team on a live Ruby on Rails project. The team is distributed around the world, for example Ashley in Seattle (west USA) and Patrick in or outside Boston (east USA). I use what I learned in the bootcamp every day doing code-reviews or writing my own code.

To summarize: It's an experience that makes you grow as a person and teaches you coding with good standards and best practies. I am thankful that I went through it and for all the support given, before and after.

• Johan Bons • Entrepreneur • Graduate
    12 weeks of absolute brilliance. Great structured bootcamp, with working in the industry as a clear goal!
    - 11/25/2019
    Yasmine • Graduate

I just finished the fullstack web developer program with Craft Academy,

Before joining the Bootcamp I had no previous experience with coding, I was a sales consultant in a travel operator and before that working with property management in London.

I was tired of working for limited companies and not having enough money to open my own company. I am also a traveller and I was seeking for a carrer where I can work anywhere around the globe. Craft Academy Bootcamp was exactly what I was looking for, the program is completely hands on and coaches are very supportive trying to explain in the most simple way. I am very confident to enter the market as a developer after this 12 weeks bootcamp.

• George T. • Graduate

I firmly reccomend any course Craft Academy provides. It was a unique experience. Very tense, required maximum focus, but in the end I was able to comprehend and work with things I never touched upon before.

The teachers were always there, ready to answer any question we had (or steer us in the right direction).

If you are ready to put your life on pause for 3 months and dedicate yourself to coding, then this is the bootcamp you should attend. Thus gaining valuable experience on how the actual work is being done (pair-programming, test driven development, agile methodologies, sprint reviews, etc.).

• Camron

After researching a couple of bootcamps and visiting a few bootcamp graduation events specifically in London, I in fact decided to instead move all the way from London to Stockholm to enrol in the one bootcamp that for me stood out from the crowd, the Craft Academy bootcamp.  The best decision for many reasons:

• The cohorts/classes are smaller, meaning a higher coach-to-student ratio and more hands-on teaching. And boy are the Craft Academy coaches ah-mazing! They'll push you hard but are simultaneously there to support you along the way. I cannot credit & thank them enough for how dedicated they are and the work they put in to help us students progress. A great example, on the night of our graduation, the head coach and another coach were up until 4am(!!), on their own, resolving some issues my team were having with our final project. If that's not dedication to their students, I don't know what is. I couldn't thank them enough for that.
    • Contrary to many other bootcamps, this one introduces you to a broader spectrum of technologies & frameworks, meaning you will be qualified for many more opportunities upon graduation.
    • They have a teaching philosophy of learning by doing, so you'll be building things from day one!
    • Beyond the coding though, the bootcamp follows some very strong processes that are arguably the most valuable skills you can obtain as a developer -- you code in a test- & behaviour-driven manner (a skillset that many developers lack but most employers want), you have daily scrum meetings, you version control all of your code, and so on. Basically the same way the best development teams work. In addition, you have regular retrospective sessions, meaning that you are an integral part of the feedback loop that keeps the curriculum relevant. All in all, these processes among many more will make you stand out from most other junior developers when you graduate.

In summary, out of all the courses I've taken throughout my life, this one was arguably the most impactful and valuable. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone looking to become a junior developer. It is of course a bootcamp, meaning that you will have to work very hard and dedicate every minute of your day to the work. However, the impact of the learning is so tangible and with something built so frequently that you are constantly looking forward to what you will be doing the next day!

• From zero to hero
    - 11/22/2018
    Zak • Junior fullstack developer • Graduate

I’ve always been drawn to the tech industry but felt intimidated by the barrier of how do i get in without any relevant education? Would I have had to apply for another bachelors and take three extra years out of my life? I read up on bootcamps and many Reddit forums trying to weigh the pros and cons of self study and bootcamps. I can confidently say this bootcamp was one of the best decisions I made. The curriculum alone is fantastic and the coaches with their dedication is the icing on the cake. I had an incredible journey getting to know everyone through pair programming. Word of caution to anyone thinking about joining, be prepared to commit all you have because this course provides only as much as youre willing to sacrifice, in other words spend rvery hour coding.

• Angelica • Graduate

This bootcam will teach you way more than just how to code. It's all about the people, how to pair programme, how to work in a team, how to take on a project from scratch and work all the way through it. It's shows you and prepares you for what it is like to be a developer.

The coaches are passionate and commited and will follow you along this journey and help you and cheer for you. The programme is well thought through, it covers many different frameworks, but most importantly helps you get the problem solving attitude needed to then succeed in the tech industry.

Highly recommened to anyone interested in a career change or simply wants to learn more about coding.

• Aiden Jubelin • Graduate

The time that I spent at Craft Academy Bootcamp came with one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. If you are looking to develop a great foundational base for web development and coding in general, then I would highly recommend this course.

Craft Academy aims teach the 5 essentials that are necessary for every full stack web developer to succeed in todays job market, and most importantly, how to think like a programmer.

I believe that the coaches at craft academy successfully achieved that target between their well structured curriculum to their tireless approach to education.

If you are willing to learn a new set of skills or develop on a set of existing skills , and are willing to put hard work and energy into the "Skill Framework" that Craft Academy and its coaches have prepared for you to learn. Then I can guarentee you won't be disappointed with this course.

Aiden J

• Scott Bartels

To begin, I absolutely loved the bootcamp and here are my reasons why. The teachers are super helpful, always willing to help, even on the weekends and they do a great job of helping the students click and feeling comfortable with one another from the very beginning. The curriculum is really well layed out, steadily week by week increasing the difficulity, but nothing too crazy. Prep course is great as well, it does the perfect job at getting you confidence and even more excitement going into the camp. Thomas the man who runs the show is a super awesome guy too, really chill and easy to get along with, he truly helped me evolve from a little caterpillar into a beutiful butterfly. You also have his partner in crime, Raoul also known as Gandalf, he is an absolute genius at coding, chill and super cool dude. All in all, have nothing bad to say and would highly reccomened Craft Academy to everyone!

• Oliver Ochman • Graduate

I'm very happy that I decided to take part of this course. During these 12 crazy weeks, I have grown more then I could imagine. Both on a professional and personal level.

From the Prep Course to the end of the Final Project, this has been a tough, stressful and exciting journey. If you are thinking about taking this course, you need to be 100% committed to it and trust the learning process.

During the Prep Course, I was looking over the material that our coaches presented to us and thinking "WTF have I got myself into now?". Being introduced to so many different languages, technologies (Ruby, CSS, HTML, jQuery, and javascript) and practices, was a bit of a shock. "One thing at a time" the coaches told us, and they were right.

The coaches told us at the start of the Bootcamp, that the magic would come during the last weeks of the camp. You go through 10 weeks of different projects. Building with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Ionic, Middleman and Sinatra. While developing these applications using Test Driven development with Rspec, Jasmin and Cucumber. Using Continuous Integration and Deployment with services like Semaphore, Netlify and Heroku. Tracking the test coverage with Coveralls. Using Github for every project and working in an agile way with scrums every day.

So at the time the Final Project weeks finally arrives, you have been working on so many different projects and producing so many lines of code, and it all comes together. Working on an idea that you and your team have decided upon, you notice that it isn't that scary because you basically have done it before. You see why the coaches have been teaching you the conventions, technoligies and best practices.

Trust the process and keep it simple. I'm glad I did!