coding-dojo-logo

Coding Dojo

Arlington, Boise, Chicago, Dallas, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Los Angeles, Oakland, Online, Orange County, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Tulsa

Coding Dojo

Coding Dojo is a unique coding bootcamp that teaches three full technology stacks in a single 14-week program. Coding Dojo has campuses in has campuses in Berkeley, Boise, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Jose, Seattle, Tulsa, Tysons Corner, and online. Students can choose to learn three of the industry’s most in-demand web development languages, including Python, Ruby on Rails, MEAN, Java or .NET Core. An online option is also available for students who don’t have access to campuses. In addition to an extensive curriculum, students receive 15 hours/day of mentored guidance, quick feedback in the evening from remote Teacher Assistants and tailored course content that accommodates both beginners and experienced developers. Students experience building advanced web applications, solving job-relevant problems and learning to think like true software engineers.

To apply, candidates answer questions via an online form, schedule an interview with a Coding Dojo staff member, then if accepted, must pay a deposit to secure their place.

Since 2012, Coding Dojo has endeavored to help individuals from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels transform into professional developers who go on to be hired by start-ups and world-class companies like Amazon, Apple, Expedia, Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase, DocuSign and Skytap. For each student, Coding Dojo promises one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, open forums with industry leaders, and comprehensive job-hunting workshops.

Coding Dojo welcomes Veterans and accepts the GI Bill at selected campuses, as well as offering a Gap Year program for high school grads. Coding Dojo also provides various scholarship opportunities for qualified students.

Recent Coding Dojo Reviews: Rating 4.42

all (436) reviews for Coding Dojo →

Recent Coding Dojo News

Read all (61) articles about Coding Dojo →
  • Gap Year Onsite Software Development Immersive Bootcamp

LocationBoise, Orange County, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Chicago, Arlington, Tulsa, Dallas
    Spend 6 months of your gap year with Coding Dojo and become a self-sufficient software developer with hands-on programming experience though our in-depth three-stack curriculum—complete with real-time support from instructors, our industry-tested learning platform, hands-on assignments and much more. Ideal for students interested in web development who are not sure what career they want to focus on, this Gap Year bootcamp is a full-time immersive experience in which you will master the fundamentals of web and software development, learn 3 full stacks - Python, MEAN, and Java, and gain valuable skills for a career in tech. Personal Growth Discover who you are as a person and what you want to do in life Boost your motivation for further academic pursuit Become more mature, independent and self-aware about your strengths and weaknesses Career Ready Mindset Build important soft skills to enhance your academic performance in college Find the right fit major and career path based on your self-discovery Gap year graduates report that their gap year had significantly added to their employability Gap Year Curriculum Full stack Development Program - 14 weeks of immersive Web Development program (HTML/CSS/Javascript), Python, MEAN, Ruby, C#/.Net. Career Services - 2 weeks of career readiness workshops (resume, cover letter, networking, Linkedin profile) Project Based Internship - 4 Weeks of project based internship to build your own portfolio (weekly check-in with a mentor) Explore A New City The Gap Year Program is available at all of our campuses. Explore living in a new city while developing your tech skills. Learn By Doing You’ll start coding from day one of the course. Dive into a fast-paced, innovative learning environment that fosters collaboration, not competition. After graduation, you’ll jump straight into the job-hunt with the support of our career services team. You Get What You Put In Students are expected to dedicate at least 70 hours/week to the program, with the most successful students dedicating 70-90 hours/week. Our students often say that Coding Dojo is the most rewarding, yet difficult thing they’ve ever done. Life During the Course In the morning you’ll start with new curriculum that will build on top of what you learned the day before. Depending on the day, your morning may include an algorithm session, lecture, group activity, or a combination of all 3. Your afternoons and nights will be spent working through course content, assignments, and projects on the new curriculum for the day, with breakout sessions available upon request.
    Deposit$1,000
    Financing: Monthly financing plans available via Skills Fund

Tuition Plans$1,000 deposit followed by 2 payments or monthly payment plans available via Skills Fund.
    Refund / GuaranteeDeposits are required to reserve your seat in the bootcamp, and are refundable until day 1 of class.
    ScholarshipScholarships up to $4,000 are available for veterans, women, and other underrepresented groups in the technology industry. Email scholarships@codingdojo.com to learn more.
  • Online Software Development Immersive Bootcamp - Full-time

LocationOnline, Dallas
    Our Online Full-Time Immersive Bootcamp is a remote learning alternative that provides online access to our in-depth three-stack curriculum—complete with real-time support from instructors, our industry-tested learning platform, hands-on assignments and much more. Ideal for students interested in web development who cannot attend our on-campus programs, this online bootcamp is a full-time immersive experience in which you will master the fundamentals of web and software development, and 3 full stacks - Python, MEAN, and Java - over 14 weeks, learning valuable skills for a career in tech. On a national scale, 94%* of our alumni land a job in 180 days after graduating, with an average salary of $76,000 per year. Learn more at https://www.codingdojo.com/full-time-online-bootcamp Your Career Starts From Day 1 Your career as a full-stack software developer starts on your first day. Within 14 weeks we’ll turn you into a self-sufficient, well-rounded software developer who has all the critical skills to have a long, healthy career in tech. Three Full Stacks & Self-Sufficiency Our goal is to train you into a self-sufficient, versatile developer through our 3 Stack Curriculum. In 14 weeks, you’ll learn 3 in-demand stacks in the industry, have a portfolio to show, and have triple the job prospects, as every company uses a different stack. Learn By Doing You’ll start coding from day one of the course. Dive into a fast-paced, innovative learning environment that fosters collaboration, not competition. After graduation, you’ll jump straight into the job-hunt with the support of our career services team. You Get What You Put In Students are expected to dedicate at least 70 hours/week to the program, with the most successful students dedicating 70-90 hours/week. Our students often say that Coding Dojo is the most rewarding, yet difficult thing they’ve ever done. Life During the Course In the morning you’ll start with new curriculum that will build on top of what you learned the day before. Depending on the day, your morning may include an algorithm session, lecture, group activity, or a combination of all 3. Your afternoons and nights will be spent working through course content, assignments, and projects on the new curriculum for the day, with breakout sessions available upon request. Career Services We offer career support to all students and alumni to help accomplish their short and long-term career goals. Whether you're applying for your first job or you're an industry veteran, we understand that building a career is a life-long process. Participants of the program will have access to a wide range of services, such as one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, open forums with industry leaders, comprehensive job-hunting workshops, and more!
    Monthly financing plans available via SkillsFund

Tuition Plans $1,000 deposit followed by 2 payments or monthly payment plans available via Skills Fund.
    Refund / GuaranteeDeposits are required to reserve your seat in the bootcamp and are refundable until day 1 of class.
    ScholarshipScholarships up to $4,000 available for veterans, women, and other underrepresented groups in the technology industry. Email scholarships@codingdojo.com to learn more.
  • Online Software Development Immersive Bootcamp - Part-time

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Django, jQuery, CSS, Algorithms, Python
    Our Part-Time Online Web Development Bootcamp is a flexible evening and weekend course that teaches web fundamentals and a full Python stack — complete with real-time support from instructors, our industry-tested learning platform, hands-on assignments and much more. Ideal for students who cannot attend our on-campus programs, or commit to a full-time course, you'll learn the skills needed to become a self-sufficient developer in as little as 20-25 hours per week. Comprehensive Curriculum Develop projects in a vast range of technologies, starting with front-end development in Web Fundamentals. From there, dive into back-end development centers around Python and put on the finer touches with AJAX and modularization. Top it off with 4 weeks of project building and algorithms. Live Instructor Support Receive hands-on support from our instruction team through live evening classes twice a week, multiple office hours, plus evening weekend support through our chat forum. Top-Tier Platform Quickly learn the essentials of the most in-demand technologies through our online Learning Platform, which has trained thousands of Coding Dojo students. Code From Home Experience the accelerated training of our on-campus bootcamps from the comfort of your home without quitting your day job. You’re only required to dedicate at least 20 - 25 hours per week toward during the bootcamp. Career Services We offer career support to all students and alumni to help accomplish their short and long-term career goals. Whether you're applying for your first job or you're an industry veteran, we understand that building a career is a life-long process. Participants of the program will have access to a wide range of services, such as one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, open forums with industry leaders, comprehensive job-hunting workshops, and more!
    Tuition Plans$1,000 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $2,248.75
    Refund / GuaranteeDeposits are refundable until day 1 of class.
  • Onsite Software Development Immersive Bootcamp - Full-time

Our Onsite Full-Time Immersive Bootcamp will teach you more than coding - you'll learn how to solve problems and be a self-sufficient developer. When you're fully immersed in our three full stack curriculum, you'll master the fundamental building blocks of web and software development, making you a highly valuable, desirable asset throughout your career. The 14-week course includes real-time support from instructors, our industry-tested learning platform, hands-on assignments and much more. Ideal for students interested in fast-tracking a successful career in tech, this onsite bootcamp is a full-time immersive experience in which you will master the fundamentals of web and software development, and 3 full stacks - Python, MEAN, and Java - over 14 weeks, learning valuable skills for a career in tech. On a national scale, 94%* of our alumni land a job in 180 days after graduating, with an average salary of $76,000 per year. Learn more at https://www.codingdojo.com/full-time-online-bootcamp Your Career Starts From Day 1 Your career as a full-stack software developer starts on your first day. Within 14 weeks we’ll turn you into a self-sufficient, well-rounded software developer who has all the critical skills to have a long, healthy career in tech. Three Full Stacks & Self-Sufficiency Our goal is to train you into a self-sufficient, versatile developer through our 3 Stack Curriculum. In 14 weeks, you’ll learn 3 in-demand stacks in the industry, have a portfolio to show, and have triple the job prospects, as every company uses a different stack. Learn By Doing You’ll start coding from day one of the course. Dive into a fast-paced, innovative learning environment that fosters collaboration, not competition. After graduation, you’ll jump straight into the job-hunt with the support of our career services team. You Get What You Put In Students are expected to dedicate at least 70 hours/week to the program, with the most successful students dedicating 70-90 hours/week. Our students often say that Coding Dojo is the most rewarding, yet difficult thing they’ve ever done. Life During the Course In the morning you’ll start with new curriculum that will build on top of what you learned the day before. Depending on the day, your morning may include an algorithm session, lecture, group activity, or a combination of all 3. Your afternoons and nights will be spent working through course content, assignments, and projects on the new curriculum for the day, with breakout sessions available upon request. Career Services We offer career support to all students and alumni to help accomplish their short and long-term career goals. Whether you're applying for your first job or you're an industry veteran, we understand that building a career is a life-long process. Participants of the program will have access to a wide range of services, such as one-on-one sessions with a career advisor, open forums with industry leaders, comprehensive job-hunting workshops, and more! *Published in February 2018, this is based upon a survey that was sent to alumni who graduated between January 2015 and October 2017. Out of the respondents, 94% are employed full time in field. 75% of alumni find jobs within 3 months.
    Monthly financing plans available via SkillsFund

ScholarshipUp to $4,000 in scholarships available for veterans, women, and other underrepresented groups in the technology industry. Email scholarships@codingdojo.com to learn more.
  • Jaden Scott  User Photo
    Jaden Scott • Graduate Verified via GitHub

As the title would imply, this review is based on my boot camp experience. The bootcamp curriculum is intense and extensive. Your cohortmates are your team and if you try to deal with the struggle alone, you will fail or give yourself a head of grey with no sleep. It is also a crystal clear example of "you get out what you put in."  I had a great cohort and will look back on my bootcamp experience fondly. The work was hard but I worked harder and I succeeded. Plus there is free coffee and other snacks.

• Tom McNamara  User Photo
    Tom McNamara • Verified via LinkedIn

I am an IT professional who wanted to pivot my career a bit my getting a better foundation in programming.  After researching various schools, I felt that Coding Dojo would be the best match and I think I was right.  I had tried to learn some programming, such as Python, on my own and always struggled to get past the initial steps.  Being in a classroom environment really helped me and I feel confident with the foundation I now have.

All of my instructors were great and all willing to meet and discuss any area I was having a problem with.  I also know as an alumni I can swing by and pick their brains on any personal projects I have questions on.

I thought the curriculum was very good.  Yes, some of it was a little outdated, but this was often called out to us.  The parts that were outdated usually had to do with some installation instructions where the original source had been changed.  I know they try to keep up with this and if you mention it the instructors will help.  Also, if you find something out of date PLEASE report it.  There are ways right on the curriculum page to do that very easily.

As far as job assistance, this is an area that I think the student must take the lead on.  In my Dojo in LA the job assistance person is great and available.  However, I noticed a HUGE number of people did not schedule one-on-ones with her, which was a mistake on their part.  I have had multiple one-on-ones with her and I know her guidance has helped with improving my resume, cover letters and LinkedIn Profile.  No, getting a job is NOT automatic if you pass the course, there are multiple factors, and everyone's experience is going to be difference.  If you need guidance, CALL THEM.  They'll do what they can.  The rest HAS to be up to you.

The best part of the course was my classmates.  I am still close to them and they made it fun.  They also helped me a lot.  It is a TON of work and I might have dropped without them.

If you do this, put the hours in and grind.  It is easy to fall behind, but if you want it, put your head down and work.  And follow their 20 minute rule.  Struggle for 20 minutes on a problem, if you can't crack it, ask for help.  Do NOT fall behind over pride that you think you should figure out something yourself.  The course is too much information too fast, you have to keep it going.

I would definitely recommend this course.  It's expensive, it's hard, there is NO guarantee of a job when you're done.  But for me it was worth it and I am glad I have the skills and foundation in full stack that I now have.

• Candace  User Photo
    Candace • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Overall, I liked my experience with Coding Dojo. There are pros and cons to it, but a good place to start in the IT industry if you are a beginner.

Career Services: At the time of when I signed up, I was promised career services but we did not have a designated career service person to work with until one of my cohort mates was accepted for that position the week of graduation. I think going on Indeed and LinkedIn everyday and searching for jobs is more beneficial, but it depends on if you need help on your resume or job profiles.

Coursework: The is tons of good information on the platform but I think some of it needs to be updated and in the beginning there are videos, but as you get into the full stacks there aren't so much which isn't helpful. Usually, there is 1 lecture a day, but sometimes you can have two depending on how fast you need to get through the material. Don't expect to complete every assignment because some of them can take a longggg time depending on your skill set. If you are a true beginner like me, you're more at a disadvantage because it is a lot of new information to take in, however I think this is a good place to start your IT career. It's fun completing a full stack project, but unfortunately due to the schedule and pace of the course you can't get in the nitty gritty of everything. Also, some of the assignments are individual and others you can do as a group which is always fun! I think there should definitely be more videos as a reference and an example of how to build something than just reading material.

Instructors: All of my instructors were friendly and easy to get along with. They were very helpful if you were stuck on a project and willing to stay later to help students. However, with my cohort they were short-staffed and my instructor had to take on two cohorts and split his time between groups which was difficult if you were stuck. Also, the instructors have lots of meetings which could take a 2 hour chunk of their time away from helping students. But overall, they gave the attention and help I needed to make it through and they are all very knowledgeable of the material. They present it in an easy way and record the lectures to refer back to or to build along with them.

• andrew knell  User Photo
    andrew knell • Graduate Verified via GitHub

i really did enjoy this bootcamp and learned more than i ever thought possible. If you put in the hours like they say and work long days and devote all your time to this you will be successful. I would highly recommend this bootcamp for someone with little to no experience who wants to break into the tech world. The entire time we had ta's available to us to help us with anything which was amazing to have and they really make a huge difference. They do not always have them so if you are going to sign up i would make sure that there are ta's otherwise maybe rethink it or wait until they do. the instructors are great but when theres 30-40 people and only 3 instructors who are not always going to be sitting waiting for you at their desk it can be a lot harder. so just make sure they have the ta's because they helped out so much and make things go a lot better.

Also i would suggest that they update their platform on java. every other stack was great and i have zero complaints and really enjoyed it but their java stack they have needs a little work and i would talk to people currently in school and see what they say about it and if it has been updated before signing up or making any commitments to it because thats one thing that was a bit frustrating. besides that everything else was great and if those two things were fixed i would recomment this course to every person i know or met who is looking for a bootcamp to attend.

• Tri Mai  User Photo
    Tri Mai • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Some Alumni don't even have a job after 9 months graduation. The only good thing is the time with my cohort. No job guarantee. You're on your own after 14 weeks. Not even a call from career service. They just want your money. Stay away from it. It's a scam.

• Great program!
    - 11/25/2019
    Jamie (James) Green  User Photo
    Jamie (James) Green • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This is a great program that honestly provides quality experiences, socially and academically. Get good friends, boost your career. You don't want to be left out. I feel great!

• Graduate
    - 11/25/2019
    Marcelo Camacho  User Photo
    Marcelo Camacho • Student Verified via GitHub

highly recommend the onsite course, surprised myself with the amount of material I was able to learn during the time I was at the coding dojo. It is absolutely worth it if your passionate about creating and developing ideas into an actual usable application

• Ariel Aaron Resurreccion  User Photo
    Ariel Aaron Resurreccion • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to join Coding Dojo's onsite program at the Orange County location wanting to learn how to program. I feel that after going through the program, I was able to get solid foundation to learn more languages and frameworks after leaving Coding Dojo. At the Orange County location I learned three full-stacks: Python, C#/.Net, and MEAN. I feel that the onsite program was a better fit for my learning style. The Orange County locations instructors and teacher assistants are passionate at what they teach and go above and beyond the curriculum teaching us best practices at programming on the job. I feel that atmosphere is a great place for learning because everyone there has the same attitudes and goals and they are willing to help eachother out solving problems. I would recommend anyone to join the Coding Dojo especiially if they are willing to put the work and show up. Everyone can improve going through this program.

• Full stack
    - 11/22/2019
    Hoang Dinh Ta  User Photo
    Hoang Dinh Ta • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Coding Dojo has been a great learning experience for me. I just graduate in Coding Dojo today and I am so glad that I meet a lot of people with same passion in learning. When I come here, I only have a little experience, but thanks to the instructors and cohost that I can complete the course and graduate. They teach so much in a short amount of time for three full stacks and make sure you really committed into learning and understanding the material. I really surprised how much I learned from this boot camps. This is better than any college in just 3 months, I learn how to seriously work on project, how to focus on the thing that we need to learn, learn to work with my cohost for group project.

Thank you Coding Dojo!

• Kevin Camp  User Photo
    Kevin Camp • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

In less than 4 months learned 3 full stacks and became a profienct web developer.  Learned many new technologies along the way. I've never made so much progeression in such a short time span.  Great materials to follow

• Eric Fang  User Photo
    Eric Fang • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

By far the most valuable thing that I got out of this bootcamp was removing my own personal doubts about my ability to transition into this field.

[My background]

I had a little bit of coding experience before coming to Coding Dojo. I minored in CS in University and I took a few courses (both in person and online) over the years. Before the bootcamp I also tried applying to a few software related jobs but of course heard nothing back or was rejected. Due to my lack of CS major and lack of any real experience besides a few university/online classes, I've never had confidence in my ability to get into the software industry.

[Review]

Part1:

Coding Dojo REALLY changed everything. As I was going through the program, I gained more confidence and of course, more practical skills. At the time, I could not see my progress but looking back, it was remarkable how much stuff the program taught and how much stuff I managed to learn in such a short amount of time.

Part2: Time commitment

I truly dedicated all my time for 14 weeks to this bootcamp. Through the first 2 stacks of the program( 8 weeks), I was spending up to 16 hours per day at the bootcamp (from 7AM to 11PM),  from Monday to Friday. I also went to the bootcamp on Saturday for about 5 hours and studied at home on Sunday for another 5 hours. In total, I spent around 80-90 hours per week dedicated to learning programming. During my last stack(the last 4 weeks), I dialed back the hours I dedicated to learning programming and focused a little bit more on the job hunt process, which mainly consisted of practicing algorithms and working on my online presence and reviewing past stacks.

Part3: My approach/mentality while attending the bootcamp

Your success at this bootcamp and in your job hunt depends on how much work you put in. My mindset throughout the bootcamp was that I was going to no-life the 14 weeks and completely dedicate my life to this program. I told myself, if I don't get a job after this experience, it won't be because lack of effort on my part and that I  would not quit or give up half way like my previous attempts at landing a job in this industry.

Part4: The bootcamp environment

The environment at Coding Dojo was a tremendous help for keeping my mindset and not burning out. Almost everyone was focused on not only learning, but also helping each other. I loved every second of it. I highly recommend the on site program because there's so many resources you can take advantage of, especially the other students. The instructors were very knowledgeable as well and offered some great advice for my job search. After graduation, I went back every single day for about 10-12 hours per day until I landed my first job about 1 month after graduating. Talking with other alumni and being in such a focused environment allowed me to much more productive than trying to do the job hunt from home.

Part 5: Career Services

As for career services, overall they are very helpful. I got a job 1 month out of the bootcamp because career services connected me with my current employer. They also helped me polish my resume and LinkedIn. Without their help, I would not have a job right now. I'm very grateful for their help.

[Final thoughts]

I think you should not choose a bootcamp based on what technologies they teach because I think every reputable bootcamp will teach relevant technologies. What sets this bootcamp apart from others is they teach you how to learn. They give you the confidence that if you ever meet an unfamiliar technology, you know you can learn it in a short amount of time.

• Alex w  User Photo
    Alex w • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Before enrolling in coding dojo, I was unemployed having just left a sales job. I’ve always wanted to learn how to create apps and websites because I believed I had a lot of ideas but had no way of turning them into something real. That’s when a friend of mine advised me to investigate coding bootcamps so I could learn coding in a concentrated curriculum so I could land a better job than what I was doing before, and I could also learn how to create apps. That’s when I came across coding dojo and having gone through the program I am able to say that I now know that I have the tools to create what I put my mind to and that if I have any trouble with anything, the instructors here are always up to helping you work out anything that you may be having trouble with your code. If you’re looking for something to change your career/life I’d highly recommend learning how to code and Coding Dojo is amongst the best at teaching you how to do that.