coderschool-logo

CoderSchool

Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City

CoderSchool

CoderSchool is a free part-time, 8-week full-stack and mobile coding bootcamp in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. CoderSchool aims to offer everyone, experienced and beginners, a fair access to education through free hands-on project-based courses. The school focuses on working with the most dedicated startup engineers and designers with hands-on projects. Students have the ability to choose from 4 different courses: IOS (Swift) for Engineers, Ruby for Engineers, Android for Engineers, and Node.js for Engineers. Participants will learn how to architect and implement iOS applications, build web applications using Ruby on Rails, design android applications, and use popular Node.js frameworks like Hapi.js.

Recent CoderSchool Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (22) reviews for CoderSchool →

Recent CoderSchool News

• Android for Engineers

Android
    Ho Chi Minh City
    Students will architect and implement polished Android applications.
    Have some programming experience and can communicate in English.
  • CoderSchool Bootcamp

Ho Chi Minh City
    Learn full stack web development with Ruby on Rails for the backend and Javascript frameworks for the front end such as React & Angular. The course will dive into all the necessary concepts required to build real time, live, cloud hosted web applications such as API's, Ajax, Deployment, Testing, and much more
    $500
    None available
    2 payments of $500
    Refund / Guarantee
    NO programming experience and can communicate in English.
    Prep reading and videos to watch.
  • Node.js for Engineers

Node.js
    Ho Chi Minh City
    Students learn how to architect and implement node server back-ends and Node.js frameworks like Hapi.js.
    Good English and some programming experience.
  • React Native for Engineers

JavaScript, Xcode, Mobile, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    Ho Chi Minh City
    Students will architect and implement polished React Native applications.
    Have some programming experience and can communicate in English.
  • Ruby for Engineers

Rails, Ruby
    Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
    Students will learn how to build web applications using Ruby on Rails.
    Good English and some programming experience.

• Long Vu • software developer • Graduate

I had such a great learning experience at CoderSchool's Ruby on Rails course. The teacher is very instructive and patient, his knowledge and skill in his field is just at world level! The curriculum was off the chart, I'm still re-visiting the course material to learn what I have missed during classes.

Overall an excellent course and unbelievably free of charge.

• Change my life
    - 8/15/2017
    Khang Vu  User Photo
    Khang Vu • Student Verified via GitHub

The courses helped me understand more about software development. They gave me real, challenging and practical assignments every week. In the end of the course, there was a group project that gives the students the opportunity to apply their learning to creating their own apps, which helps sharpen not only their coding skills but also their mindset in software development. The instructors are very skillful, experienced and caring to the students. They spend more time to make sure the students get the best outcomes from the classes. And finally, if you need help looking for a job, the instructors are always glad to help you out. The alumni network is also a great gate to many potential jobs.

• Steve Cho  User Photo
    Steve Cho • Creative Lead • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Literally, where has this been all my life? Ever since I was 20, I wanted to learn coding. My putting myself through Coderschool's Ruby on Rail 8 week course gave me confidence for realizing my desire. I had a lot of fun with being able to abstractly understand a software with the efficient flow of information throughout the application. Great students, community and staff that make the experience thoroughly enjoyable and life-changing!

• Highly recommended
    - 5/17/2017
    Nguyen Van Phuong Mai  User Photo
    Nguyen Van Phuong Mai • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The course was fast-paced and full of challenges for me, who had not known ruby before. This helped to get good students excited and undermined those who were not so devoted to learning new thing. The assistants were always there to help. The weekly homework was carefully checked to make sure that nobody felt lost during the course. Besides the invaluable technical and teamwork skills I got out of the course, I made friends with several good engineers, which led me to some brilliant opportunities in my career path. Being a CoderSchool's alumni means joing a network of engineers who are willing to help if you have any question about coding or your dev career. Highly recommended!

• Minh Nguyen  User Photo
    Minh Nguyen • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This class does not provide me only the basic knowledge, but also the current needs in the RoR field.

The teachers and TAs are very supportive, friendly. They are my good friends now.

• Quoc Hoang Nguyen Anh  User Photo
    Quoc Hoang Nguyen Anh • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

That's the most memorable thing still impresses me till now. Belows are my interests about the Ruby course:

Impressive instructor (speed, comprehensive, and thoughtful guy with native accent English). Great documents as well as score system.  So many useful references and tools. Professional learning environment.

• Toan Ngo  User Photo
    Toan Ngo • Student Verified via GitHub

Love every detail of it. The course is competitive, the environment is supportive and the instructor is very amazing. I learnt so much Rails as well as learning how-to-learn or how to drink beer with other coder fellas. Amazing experience

• Simply the best
    - 8/15/2017
    Lanh Hoang • Ruby on Rails Developer • Graduate

I have joined 2 courses at CoderSchool (Swift and Ruby on Rails), both courses are amazing. especially RoR, amazing teachers and supportive TAs. I have learned a lot from them.

I highly recommend CoderSchool for anyone who wants to learn to code and pursue software developer career path.

• Tuan Dinh • Student

I've learned a lot of things from coderschool, 8 weeks is really competitive and effective. Intructors is amazing. Hoping for joining the up coming class.

• Best course ever
    - 8/14/2017
    Chris • Firmware engineer • Graduate

Thanks Coder School for awesome course. Best bootcamp for everyone who want to dive in Coding :D

• Caroline Le • Graduate

I came from a non-tech background and was doing self-taught coding path. Without Coderschool, I would take a year to achieve the same level and result as taking 8-week Coderschool bootcamp.

The mentors and TA are one of the most talented tech people in town! So you know you're in good hands. Being in Coderschool alumni is a huge bonus for graduates with unlimted opportunities. Can't recommend this course enough!

• Simply 5 stars
    - 5/17/2017
    Dang Quoc Huy • Graduate

Talented instructors, supportive TAs, cool projects and $1000 final prize at demo day. Raise from zero to hero within only 8 weeks and much more reasons why I took iOS and Ruby on Rails courses with CoderSchool and still sticking with them till now.

• Alecks Johanssen • Computer Scientist • Student

I've been super bad at coding at the first year at university. But after joining Coderschool for 8 weeks of fast training and developing. I am now good at it, Coderschool's course have been helping me understand deeply about programming stuffs. And also showing me the path to be a great software engineer. I love you coderschool ! <3.

• Nam Tran • Student

Only for 2 months and I've learned more than what I could learn for 2 years in college. This is an intensive class that only if you committed, you will be totally satisfied. The class offers the basic lessons in Ruby on Rails, network support for newbies and also programming techniques like pair programming. The first month was to figure out how RoR works and its basic structures. The other half is the combination of continuous RoR in dept and working on your own group project. The 9th week, student will have a chance to present their project to industries, startups and potentially getting job offers from them.

Overall, I highly recommend the class for anyone who is new but serious about wanting to learn RoR.

• Huy Phung • Hardware Engineer • Graduate

I am very happy with coderschool course. I have just graduted from the swift class. The teacher is very friendly and professional. The peer mates that I studied with is talented and have a good mind set. The swift class open a new page in my life. Two months ago, I really want to change my job from a Hardware engineer to a Software engineer but I did not know how. After swift class, now I can make my dream come true.

I suggest swift class to teach a little bit about how to making your own database. Most of time for my final project is learning how to use firebase. It is very hard for me because I do not know anything about backend.

Thanks all of coderschools staffs for your courses.

• Amazing Experience
    - 11/30/2016
    Loi Tran • Project Manager • Graduate

Obviously, this is just the beginning and if you're serious about being a software developer in your career you have to learn a lot on your own and be prepared to put in the hours. But no matter how much work you put in there's never a substitute for having a team that's got your back. These guys are CoderSchool definitely have your back. Any questions you have they try to help guide you through. They've put so much work into the program and I'm proud to be a Alumni of it. Completing this program has given me so many skills and experiences that it's difficult to list them all. Completing the program is hard and challenging but overall so worth it imho

• Tien Manh Do • Rails Developer • Student

Joining CoderSchool has been one of the best decisions in my life so far. Crazy and super talented classmates. What about instructors? They will blow your mind with their amazing knowledge, great care and support. However, make sure you spend enough time for the class since it is pretty tough. Just because it is free doesn't mean it is easy, and they will kick you out of the class if you are not serious. They wanna create the best environment for you to learn and grow. Therefore, what is the point of joining the class and don't take it seriously? :) However, if u do your work, go to the class, ask questioins when getting stuck, u will do fine, and it'll be one of the most memorable learning experieces in your life. :)

By the way, I am a self-taught rails developer, and got my first dev job after graduating from Coder School. Good luck. :)

• iOS (Swift)
    - 10/17/2016
    Pham Ngoc Hoi • Senior Software Engineer • Graduate

My course at Coderschool was great! It provided me with a great foundation, and now I feel like I can tackle any idea I have. If I have any problems, I know where to look if I have any issues. I would recommend this class to anyone!

I got a lot of advice from teachers. That help me find an excellent job :)

• Quyen Ngo • Engineer • Graduate

Simple the best. Not only learning language but also learning how to create product. I'm a embedded software engineer and very strange with mobie world. But after this course i can create an ios app easilly and give me many motivation for discover mobile world.