coder-foundry-logo

Coder Foundry

Greensboro

Coder Foundry

Coder Foundry is a coding bootcamp offering .NET training via a 12-week full-time virtual bootcamp, or a self-paced online platform. The Coder Foundry bootcamp is designed and taught by industry practitioners covering HTML, CSS, JavaScript, C#, .NET, and SQL. Graduates will have a fully functioning, enterprise-level portfolio with multi-functioning applications. The curriculum is delivered through project-based collaborative learning and provides students with live interactive instruction, and access to instructors and mentors.

To apply to Coder Foundry, applicants need to complete an online assessment and a series of academic pre-work. Coder Foundry is looking for students eager to get their hands dirty by solving real-world problems, and who have the skills needed to secure entry-level jobs in the Software Development field.

Graduates leave fully qualified for software development jobs and move on to working with the recruiting partner TEKsystems upon graduation. Students receive mock technical interview training and have access to a network of mentors, former students, and ongoing career coaching and job placement support.

Recent Coder Foundry Reviews: Rating 4.66

all (99) reviews for Coder Foundry →

Recent Coder Foundry News

Read all (19) articles about Coder Foundry →
  • .NET Full Stack Virtual

MVC, JavaScript, HTML, GitHub, Git, ASP.NET, C#, CSS, Front End, iOS, MySQL, .NET, SQL
    LocationGreensboro
    Coder Foundry teaches modern web development to new and experienced programmers. Once a student graduates from our program, we work to find them a new job in web development, the fastest growing profession in the country. Are you a new programmer looking to switch careers, a Computer Science grad working to build a portfolio, or a professional programmer in need of a skills upgrade? Our Virtual Courses are designed to teach you cutting edge, high-demand technologies, so you can launch your new career and adapt to an ever-changing, rapidly evolving market. You will graduate our program in 12 weeks knowing sought-after skills in all areas of web application architecture and computer science.
    Meritize
    Tuition PlansIncome Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee2 Week Guaranteed Refund Window
    Minimum Skill LevelNovice
  • Chad C • developer • Graduate

The tutorials were very helpful. The pace was on target. the refreshers were very good for me.

• Ken R. • Developer • Student

Everything has been very applicable. Lots to learn. I have gained alot. I like the interviews the most (where we learn to pitch our tech to the business unit)

• Johnny Lee • .Net Developer • Student

I am a current student i gave the overall experience 4 out of 5 stars. i have had one job offer already before graduation. I feel good about my experience so far.

• Joe G. • Developer • Student

Coder Foundry gave me the skillset i needed to relaunch into the IT industry. I recommend the Master Class.

• Thomas Parrish • Instructor and Mentor • Graduate

As a recent college graduate with degrees in both Mathematics and Computer Science, my greatest concern was that the education I received had not prepared me for the marketplace in my immediate area. With a great deal of theory, but very little practical programming experience, I did not feel as competitive as I could be as a job seeker. Coder Foundry offered me the practical experience and intensive training in a wide variety of powerful languages, platforms and tools that I needed to help push my resume to the next level. Professor Jensen developed an exceptional curriculum,  years of teaching experience at the university level was especially appealing to me. Very few programs I looked into offered the kind of academic rigor and programming experience I desired.

The program itself was incredibly challenging. The workload was unlike anything I experienced during my education at UNCG. I spent, on average, 60 hours a week working on programming assignments and the major course projects, and I loved every minute of it. I'm pretty sure I learned more in 3 months at Coder Foundry than I did in the 4 years I was working on my bachelor's degree.

And they lived up to their word. Every single Master Class graduate was placed within the first two months.

I was thrilled when they invited me to be a part of their team. It gives me the opportunity to share what I have learned, while still maintaining active development projects.

If you are considering making a career change, I would definitely recommend a coding bootcamp. And if .Net is the platform you're interested, then Coder Foundry is the place to learn it.

• Coder Foundry
    - 11/17/2014
    Courtney Jensen • Graduate

I took the apprentice class in 2014.  i learned so much. I studied the tutorial information that Coder Foundry supplied for a month before the class started. The apprentice class does start from a more basic approach than the master class, but it still requires an understanding of basic coding concepts. I had done some coding prior to the class and this background helped greatly. The apprentice course does cover a lot, and it is an aggressive curriculum for the 12 weeks. Be prepared to put a lot of time in.  It takes a lot of time out of the classroom as well. The instructors and mentors would spend extra time with us one on one and that helped greatly. I am pursuing coding and feel like with this class I am prepared to do the Master class now and i am actively coding projects now.

• Charles Miller • developer • Graduate

I took the Master Class in July 2014 at Coder Foundry. It turned out to be a great experience for me. The job placement services and job support was excellent. As a result of the program and their job placement service,  I now have exactly the type of coding job I was hoping to get when I started. The program definitely worked out good for me.

• Chris Cain • Developer • Graduate

I am a recent Comp Sci graduate and chose Coder Foundry to obtain the .Net coding skillset.  With Coder Foundry, you get more personal attention than you'd ever get at a university. Whereas you have limited office hours available for a professor at a university (often overlapping with other classes you might be taking), you get access to an instructor and several mentors throughout an entire working day at Coder Foundry. This gives you immediate access to many different founts of knowledge, which can be important if you're stuck on a problem or even just curious about an approach. It is rigorous and a lot of work both in and out of the classroom but in the end I  was extremely satisfied with the program. At graduation Coder Foundry recruiters placed me into my current job. I will note that everyone in the Master's class was placed into coding jobs. It was a great experience for me.

• Review
    - 11/14/2014
    Ryan Randell • Graduate

The instructor Andrew was highly knowledgeable and very helpful and patient.  He was the bright spot for me in this course and he taught me a ton.

The rest of the course, however, did not hold up to that standard.  There were many things that going in we were told would happen and never did.  We were not taught how to use github nor did we do presentations regularly.  We were rushed through our final project because the class got so far behind, most just couldn't keep up, and that was not the instructors fault.  There was no system in place to maintain a schedule there were no benchmarks for progress.  Towards the end we were just given massive amounts of code to finish the project. Almost like they gave up and just wanted us to get something working. The impression going in was that finding jobs or getting interviews were going to be consistent opportunities.  That is not the case.  The field is full of highly skilled professionals and companies want experience.  That comes down to me doing a whole lot more then attending a boot camp, which is fine, now I know. I do not feel the course is worth the very high price and the marketing of it is a little misleading.  As I've learned the same information can be found for much much less.

We were the first class through so naturally there was going to be a steep learning curve and I understand that.  I know that they have since fixed many of the issues that plagued our class.  It did light a fire in me to become a developer and to continue to build on what I know.  I have so much more to learn but Coder Foundry did give me a foundation and an early lesson in what it takes to make it in this business.  My time was not wasted.

• Antonio Martin • Student

The course has lots of practices to do, so I soon became familiar with technical issues. I also had the support of my mentor who answered quickly all of my questions.

• Chris Zepkowski • Graduate

Coder Foundry has been such a valuable and enjoyable experience learning .NET, C#, MVC, SQL, and more, so far. The instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful in so many ways. There is nothing more valuable than hands-on, workshop style setting classes that incorporate important insight into what companies are looking for when hiring employees. Everyone at Coder Foundry is very helpful, and the one on one time with either the instructors or developers is always available. For anyone interested in learning this particular skill set, there is no better place than Coder Foundry for wisdom, job preparation, and most importantly, career opportunities.

• Anonymous • Software Developer • Graduate

1. It taught me the fundamentals (and beyond) of an entirely unfamiliar technology stack. I went into the program having a good foundational understanding of OOP. Coder Foundry got me up to speed on an exhaustive list of technologies - C#, SQL, SQL Server, HTTP, IIS, JS, HTML, Bootstrap, JQuery, Visual Studio, LINQ, MVC, Web API. The hands on, learn by doing (learn by failing at times) methodology transmogrified documentation from theory to functional, productive skill. And, just as important, it taught me how to interview, which was arguably my most crippling weakness at the start of the course.

2. It got me a job  - and more than a job, a career! At double my old salary, none the less. Natosha did an excellent job of bringing job openings to my attention. She supported me throughout the interview process by coaching me on my presentational skills, reviewing and editing my portfolio, priming the employers' expectations (really, really important) as well as my own, and facilitated rapid feedback from employers after interviews. She's a world class pusher. She got my foot in the door, then got my butt derriere in a fine leather office chair...which is exactly where it belongs.

3. It helped me grow my network. Since attending Coder Foundry, my LinkedIn connections have grown by a factor of ten! More connections means more exposure to the IT industry, which means more job opportunities for years to come. More still, the Coder Foundry network has been a great support group, and the relationships I built during the program are priceless.

What more can I say? ...oh, yeah! My instructor was both immensely skilled and knowlegeable, not to metion devilishly handsome. Free coffee, frequent free food, professionally photographed and edited mugshots portraits cooked up by the talented 'kitchen' staff,extremely comfortable chairs, constant access to mentorship from the instructor as well as fellow students...well, read the reviews. Coder Foundry changes lives.