bottega-logo

Bottega

Bottega

Bottega offers part-time and full-time tech bootcamps in front end development, Python programming, and Ruby Programming in Lehi, UT, and online. The front end program covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript; the Python progam covers Python, JavaScript, and React; and the Ruby program covers Ruby on Rails, SQL, and APIs. Wanting to make students as hirable as possible, the school was created as a place for motivated students to have the resources necessary to reach their potential. Students have daily scheduled class time for a structured support system and learning environment with other students, instructors, and access to mentors. Students work on projects using current and relevant website and software development as part of the course curriculum.

To apply, applicants should fill out an online application, meet with a member of the enrollment team, and then take the Bottega Prep Course. Bottega's mission is to empower people to change their lives by providing the world's best vocational content and supporting them through the process of acquiring new skills and integration into the workforce.

Bottega's career services for students include resume and interview preparation, online job placement resources, advisor support after graduation, and continued learning. Bottega is Accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission | Cognia as a Post-Secondary non-degree granting school. Cognia is a private accreditation body and not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, Bottega received CREDIT recommendation recognition through the American Council on Education to provide Computer Science credit and transcript service through ACE.

Recent Bottega Reviews: Rating 4.25

all (80) reviews for Bottega →

Recent Bottega News

Read all (3) articles about Bottega →
  • Full Stack Web Developer

React.js, Python, MongoDB, Data Structures, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, MySQL, SQL
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Full Stack Web Developer - Part-Time

Students will learn full-stack coding technologies including: HTML, CSS, Python, React.js, CSS Grid, Flexbox, Mongo, SQL/MYSQL This special part-time "learn at your own pace" option takes you through the same 600 hour curriculum our full-time program uses, with 1-on-1 support from real developers
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition PlansIn house payment plans offered.
    Refund / GuaranteeAll monies paid for this part-time course are eligible to be applied to a full-time course. Pay an affordable monthly tuition "on demand", or lock in a discounted rate for the full 9-month plan.
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience required to start.
    Prep Work70 hour free prep course.
  • Stimulating
    - 12/2/2017
    JJ Keeney  User Photo
    JJ Keeney • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have always been one for immerseing myself in the things that I am attempting to learn. At first I was quite skeptical of Bottega as it seemed too good to be true. How can you learn to program in just three months? This program took my love for immersion and ran with it tearing right through my doubt and opening up avenues in my brain I never knew I had. It was hard at first to get my bearings but the people there were so passionate about what they were doing that it rubbed off and made me passionate. If you want to gain a love for code I cant reccomend Bottega enough.

• Trevor Howard  User Photo
    Trevor Howard • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had to be talked into going to Bottega and constantly doubted whether or not to go. I'm actually very thankful I made the right decision. I was stuck in a job I hated before even hearing about Bottega, getting ready to go back to college and get a degree in CS. I had a friend who was attending and in the tech world it's more about what you know than what a piece of paper tells others you know. At Bottega I learned enough about coding to start an LLC and find a full time developing job.

A lot of people will tell you, "you'll get out what you put in". As I was attending the course I didn't think I was putting in that much effort, but gradually found myself wanting to explore what you could really do with code. I contribute keeping the curiosity alive to the instructors and aides working at Bottega, who will always help even after you complete the course.

The curriculum was a tad slow for me, but you'll get that in a cohort with multiple people learning at different speeds. The material that was covered was thorough and explained very well. The one thing I would have changed about the course is that I had to give myself extra homework, as most assigned homework is watching videos.

Overall I'm very pleased with the time I spent attending. Found a job I love, learned A LOT, and was ready in a fraction of the time it would have taken me to complete a traditional degree. We're always learning in this industry, and learning from the amazing people at Bottega, I feel as though I got a head start.

• K.J. Roberts  User Photo
    K.J. Roberts • Intern at 1-800 Contacts • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I think the one of the greatest things about Bottega is their constant desire to change and improve. They care so much about their students and trying to help them succeed. When I say their I mean anyone who is involved and works there. From CEO and President to Sales and TA's and particularly in between with their instructors. The curriculum is developed so that people at all levels of computer knowledge can jump in and start learning to code. The curriculum is also continually being built and updated to have the best and most current information. Brayden Green, Andrew Would, and Ian Mercaldi, their instructors, are awesome at helping students to understand the concepts wherever they are at. Not to mention all of the TA's who are constantly available and willing to help. I want to mention that my particular cohort was not perfect, we had a few transitioning teachers at the time, but everything was worked out. We gained special experience from each teacher with different personal experience from each. One was a primarily front end developer, one was more back end. The people in charge Scott and Eric are so helpful and willing to work with individuals and their needs. We had special circumstances with computer problems for a student in our class, and he ended up just moving to the next cohort half way in. It helped him so much! I have seen so much assistance and help from the owners in making connections with other businesses to be able to refer students to them. Overall they are striving to be the best. And it really shows. One thing about bootcamp in general though is you can only expect to get out what you put in. You can't expect it all to be handed to you. You have to put in the effort to learn. If you don't work on the material. If you don't try, you'll leave and not find a job, because people will know you don't know what you are talking about. That is the same with all bootcamps though. Nothing special to Bottega. The difference here is the people will give you all the resources and help they can to help you succeed. If you are struggling they will do everything they can to help you.
  • Web Developer
    - 9/4/2017
    Rebecca Buie  User Photo
    Rebecca Buie • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I LOVE Bottega Tech! I would send anyone I know there! The curriculum is awesome, the instructors know their stuff, and everything runs so smoothly! I found a job soon after graduating and I still look back into the curriculum and rewatch videos all the time. They take care of their students before, during, and long after graduating. Not only did I learn development, but I’m lucky enough to be a part of a wonderful community! Finding a job is hard for anyone right out of any kind of school, but Bottega really helps you prepare for what happens after graduating. They even hire graduated students to be mentors until they find a job! This was really a life saver being a single mom! I highly recommend Bottega Tech for anyone who desires to get further in such a great industry!

• Ian Earley  User Photo
    Ian Earley • TA • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had never coded before I looked at Bottega. I started just a few months ago back in May and Finished about 2 weeks ago here in August. I have to say that this program was more for me than just a learning experience. I met a lot of great people who helped me through some hard times. I know I can count on anyone here and the skills I learned from the course are already coming to fruition. I've already received a few calls from recruiters and other interested parties, it's nice to be able to choose exactly where I want to go now. I am truly grateful for everyone at Bottega and look forward to seeing what the future holds for this great school!

• Benjamin Nicklaus  User Photo
    Benjamin Nicklaus • Student Verified via GitHub

I started the 3 month school in April, and since day one the teachers, and TA's were always there for support. The curriculum was absolutely amazing. I retained so much knowledge building my portfolio, my angular application and many many other programs. When I started the school I had little to no knowledge of programming, and now thanks to Andrew, Brayden, Anthony, Ian, and KJ for helping and supporting my class, I am now able to build web applications. This class altogether was amazing, fun, full of knowledge. Anyone that signs up for this school is going to learn A LOT.

Thank you Bottega for teaching and guiding me to my career!!!!

Response From: Eric Wold of Bottega
    Title: CEO
    Thursday, Jul 13 2017
    Ben, you rock. Your work ethic was obvious from day one. Even when some things were challenging, you just dug in and tried harder.

Thank you for serving our country in the military. We are honored by your service to us, and honored that we were able to give something back to you and your daughter.

Respect
  • Jared Lund  User Photo
    Jared Lund • Director of • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Having been a business owner I made a living modeling great individuals and it was clear to me that I was looking for more then a bootcamp with solid carriculum, talented instructors, and tuition financing - those were a given. In order for me to take the risk of a radical change in career I required the rarest commodity in all industry ... devoted and commited leadership.

While at Bottega I have experienced an ever expanding quality full stack carriculum that I will have lifetime access to. The course creator is uniquly qulaified and interacts with the students regularly. The instructors are commited and experienced. The TA support has been thoroughly tried and test by me, and I found them to be lifesavers.

Above all what I value most has been unique interaction with class mates, C-level executives, instructors, down to the enrollment specialists. All share a revelutionary vision, their passion for individual success, their networks, thier experience in industry with the students. I can not say enough about the experience I have had and the relationships that have come from it. Both the course and quality of my life will never be the same... and I thought it was only about code!

• Elise Adams  User Photo
    Elise Adams • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I was first looking into bootcamps I had looked around the whole state. I walked into Bottega when they were having an open house. I had read into their company and wanted to check it out for myself. Everyone is so friendly and helpful at Bottega, any questions you have they will be answered. They work hard to make sure that you succeed. They have the best instructors/mentors. They are there to help and guide you along the course and even after you have graduated. The curriculum is so amazing and the best I have seen! You will get exactly what you put into it. I have countless nights where I stayed up studying and any questions or errors I ran into along the way were noticed and addressed. They want to make sure that you get your feet on the ground running and continue your success. They give you so many tools and abilities to learn additional languages. Bottega has such passion, it rubs off on others and makes you have such a passion for programming. I had no programming back ground what-so-ever and I have come out with so much knowledge about being a software engineer. It is definitely possible to learn full stack development in 3 months, it takes hard work and dedication. They help you learn new languages, new ways to problem solve, and walk through with how to interview. They help push you to success! I recommend Bottega to those that have the ambition to learn and grow not only in programming, but as an individual.

Response From: Eric Wold of Bottega
    Title: CEO
    Thursday, Jul 13 2017
    Elise you are going to have an amazing career and employers will be fighting over you. The only thing brighter than your smile is your intelligence.
  • Chase  User Photo
    Chase • Back-end engineer (LEAD) • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When I first began looking into going to a boot camp, the only thing that was going through my head was "oh boy... another accelerated program to no where". I was put right into my place... This program has no only given me the knowledge to succeed as a software developer.. It has taught me how to problem solve, and think... I have met SO SO SO many WONDERFUL, and certainly INSPIRING people, not just the folks who were in my class (cohort).. But Bottega helped me network with individuals from many different companies. This program is extremely challenging. if you are going to do it. DO IT! However, be prepared to be frustrated, and want to beat your face plate against any nearby surface... The course creator/instructor, is one of the most intelligent human beings I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, as well as all the other instructors/TA's... But I have to say... even though I have completed the program, and have sense found a career making almost double my previous job (to put that into perspective... 25k PER YEAR INCREASE!) you tell me where you can do that?.. well Bottega will give you the tools to make it in any, and all ways possible... The personal support added with the professional is just so magnificent. You will not be disappointed if you give it your all... PLUS... They will stick by your side forever... a wise man once told me when I came across a big career challenge, and felt overwhelmed with fear, and unworthy of the task... "You're not smart, you're brilliant. You playing small does not serve this world. You were placed on this earth to win, and win you will do". Like Richard Branson says, you get an opportunity, you take it. Then you figure out how to solve it. Now look in the mirror, tell yourself you can do anything, and get to work".. You know what he was right. then the next message warmed my heart, and made me feel apart of something bigger than myself, "Bottega isn't just the course we teach, or the placement. We are committed to helping you and all our students now and into the future, from your first job to your last"... So I have to ask... Don't you want to make your goals, and dreams a reality?

• Life Changer!
    - 6/7/2017
    Brian Anderson  User Photo
    Brian Anderson • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Bottega was fantastic. I am a graduate from the school and can honestly say it's changed my life even though it's so early in the game for me. Like others in the school, I went in with absolutely no coding experience. I had looked around at other bootcamps but bottega caught my attention early on. If you are willing to put in the work and research and code on your own time as well as what you do in class, you will be successful. I was hired as a software developer about 2 months after graduating. So in just 5 months time my life has changed for the better. It can happen much sooner than that for some but also a little longer for some, but as long as you're seeking improvement every day you'll be successful. The teachers want nothing more than for your success and work many hours outside of school hours helping however they can.
  • Lindsay Fowers • Business Development • Graduate
    If I could give this zero stars I would.
    I attended Bottega almost five years ago, before it was accredited, and I absolutely did not receive the instruction that I secured a loan for. The instructor for the first half of my bootcamp was on meth, having sex with a student, and when he didn't feel like teaching he had us watch a movie. When this teacher clearly had to be replaced, he was replaced with an instructor who couldn't answer our questions, wasted our time in class telling long personal stories, and spent the last handful of days in class trying to teach us how to interview for a job when we couldn't even demonstrate a firm knowledge of coding. I signed up for a coding class, not an interview prep class. I complained to both owners while in the program and both told me that our replacement instructor was "new to teaching so give him time." He had just graduated from Bottega's course not long before so that tells you his level of knowledge. I secured a loan for this course for ELEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS and that was the level of instruction I was receiving in return. I worked as hard as I could, doing extra studying outside of class, and "graduated" (whatever that means because everyone graduated - there was no test at the end to show if you passed or failed or where you needed extra help) without having the knowledge I needed to succeed but I decided I needed to continue pursuing this path because I just took out this giant loan to change career paths.
    Bottega promoted a job opportunity with a man, who they allowed to hold meetings out of the Bottega office, who needed someone to assist in teaching a bootcamp at his school. This man held interviews out of the Bottega office for this position and after interviewing, I was offered the job and was congratulated by all of the Bottega staff and told what a great opportunity it was. This man jerked me around for MONTHS telling me the job would start soon and it never did. Come to find out, this man didn’t even have a functioning company to employ me at. How dare Bottega promote someone as a person that they know and trust but clearly had not vetted, and then encourage me to accept the offer. They positioned it as a good first job after the bootcamp but it was a complete sham. I cut my losses with that "opportunity" and decided to pursue other interviews but with the poor level of training provided at Bottega, the only ones I could get were for less than entry level positions with salaries far below what was promised. I was promised that upon completion of the bootcamp I could get a junior developer position starting at a decent salary; however, I had to take a job that is not in the web development industry in order to make a salary comparable to what I had before the bootcamp. Perhaps Bottega has gotten their act together in the last few years since they became accredited, but they were a mess when I attended and they absolutely did not provide the education that was promised.
    I refused to pay my loan (secured through the school, not a student loan since the school was not accredited at the time) and assumed that they realized that they could not in good conscience ask me to pay that money because I haven't heard from them in years. Now almost five years later they are sending me to collections.
    Don't waste your money on this rip off.
  • Just don't
    - 4/16/2021
    Alexis Flores • Student
    Better material on Udemy for 12 bucks. Waste of 7500 dollars which is the part time. Go buy Udem  courses and invest the rest in crypto you will be in a better position.