Accelerate is a Hong Kong-based immersive coding, data science/machine learning, and UX bootcamp providing 6 to 16-week part-time and full-time courses. Accelerate was founded with the mission to bridge the talent gap in Hong Kong, China.
With its education-to-employment model, Accelerate uses a flipped classroom pedagogy to intensively train students from all backgrounds, and place them in high impact roles. The curriculum encourages students to listen, apply their skills, and ask questions. All courses are moderated by in-person instructors who are available to guide students’ learning. Courses are held at naked Hub, Asia's network of premium co-working spaces which have an emphasis on sustainable design and wellbeing.
Everyone is welcome to apply with an online form, then Accelerate has a screening and selection process to select qualified applicants who demonstrate the motivation and mindset to take on the curriculum.
For their full-time bootcamp, Accelerate uses a "zero tuition until you're hired" model to align incentives and to catalyze inclusive talent growth of HK's tech ecosystem.
Recent Accelerate News
Recent Accelerate Reviews: Rating 4.5
Data Science & Machine Learning
Work with massive datasets to extract insight through statistical and machine learning techniques using Python. Learn to formulate questions that drive cutting-edge visualisations and inferences no matter your industry or profession.
- Payment Plan
- Tuition: HK$12500
User Experience Certificate
Learn how to understand the user journey and needs. Apply real UX tools to translate them into product requirements in an agile approach. Build your portfolio by applying methodologies to prototype and iterate meaningful products.
- Payment Plan
- Tuition: HK$14500
Digital Marketing Certificate
Web Development Certificate
Immersive Coding Bootcamp
- Contingency Fee
- Zero tuition until you're hired.
- HKD 20,000
- Scholarships available to outstanding students.
4 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
This course has provided me with the right tools to transition from a non-tech job to a developer role. I had previously tried to study and practice coding and data science on my own, but after close to a year of trying I felt I was nowhere near my initial expectations.
The main benefits I got from this course were:
· Affordability & Accountability on the part of the Bootcamp. It was a lot easier to start on this bootcamp than any other available at that moment. And it was very important for me that I wouldn’t pay for something that I would not use eventually – I only pay for the course if I get a job. If I don’t get a job in the next 6 months, then I don’t have to pay.
· Curriculum. Since the first cohort, which I was part of, Accelerate has greatly improved their curriculum with an in-house study plan that focuses on Node, which is also more in demand presently. As part of the first batch of graduates, I had access to the new curriculum and hence the rating is based on it.
· Continuous Support. After the course has ended I was not left to drift on my own but I was given support on how to improve my portfolio, presentation and also find a job. I tried to apply on my own to dozens of jobs, but I was only considered and interviewed for positions on Accelerate’s referral. Their credibility helps a lot in hiring.
· Coding environment. Honestly, it’s so distracting to learn or work at home and also motivationally exhausting to do so. Kudos to those who can organize themselves on their own and do it. For me it was a great advantage to be in a workplace environment and surrounded with other people studying exactly the same thing. This way I knew my struggles were no greater or smaller than others’ and I could communicate in real time with other students and instructors for any issues that I encounter while coding.
The course truly opens my eyes to look at the digital world in a more user-centric, empathetic way. I get to know how great products are made and how great product managers / UX designers think. Learning this thinking skill is important to me as a digital marketing practitioner. I am ready to apply this skill to solve marketing problems more confidently and creatively.
Accelerate's UX Course really opened my eyes to new ways of thinking, revealing the many processes that go into creating a great user experience. Coming from a non-business background, the course was really useful (and accessible) in breaking down a variety of key thought processes, involving aspects of consumer psychology, marketing, design, management and research methodology.
Our instructor, April, clearly knew what she was doing, and struck a great balance between teaching us the information and allowing us to discover it ourselves in a super hands-on curriculum. What was also incredibly beneficial was that with a small class, students were able to tailor what we were learning to our own fields (with April's help).
I’d really recommend this course to anyone looking to boost their understanding of the many ways in which consumers engage with a product (whether that be a website, a brand etc.)
I had a great experience on this course. I recently transitioned into a new role and wanted to learn more in-depth about digital marketing and growth hacking.
While I was initially apprehensive after the first session (where we covered the basics) we soon started diving into some more advanced level marketing. Our course instructor Xavier was awesome and keeping us engaged and showed us some really cool use cases from companies I would never have thought about researching.
He did an excellent job of tailoring each session to our own projects. He clearly lives and breathes this stuff which was inspiring for us as students.
The Accelerate school is great. I've heard similar experiences from students taking their other classes and I will definitely be signing up for more. These guys are really passionate about what they do.
Our latest on Accelerate
Haven’t had time to keep up with all the coding bootcamp news this March? Not to worry– we’ve compiled it for you in a handy blog post and podcast. This month, we read a lot about CIRR and student outcomes reporting, we heard from reporters and coding bootcamp students about getting hired after coding bootcamp, a number of schools announced exciting diversity initiatives, and we added a handful of new schools to the Course Report school directory! Read below or listen to our latest Coding Bootcamp News Roundup Podcast.Continue Reading →